Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#401773 - 11/13/09 09:15 AM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: Saviourself]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I love the smell of banning in the morning.

#401776 - 11/13/09 09:35 AM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: Quaark]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Originally Posted By: Daark
I love the smell of banning in the morning.

I wonder what part of "respect the board's rules" they don't understand.

It's funny how they keep coming again and again with the same rhetoric, each one of them with EXACTLY the same arguments expressed in EXACTLY the same words. It's like they are all quoting from the same "pothead's book of excuses" or something.

If their advocacy of illegal activity wasn't enough reason to shun them, their obvious display herd mentality should be.

#401777 - 11/13/09 09:51 AM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: Old_Pig]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Old_Pig
It's funny how they keep coming again and again with the same rhetoric, each one of them with EXACTLY the same arguments expressed in EXACTLY the same words. It's like they are all quoting from the same "pothead's book of excuses" or something.

I was just thinking about chess. You know how some people can look at a game and say "Ah, the Niemszkiewitz variant" or "mate in eight moves".

I bet there's a thread in the downstairs area where you have bets on how long people are going to last grin (just kidding of course).

#401792 - 11/13/09 12:46 PM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: Cryptodelic]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Cryptodelic
How do we know this; as we watch a film, so to become emotionally moved by the film, notice how we are able to suspend disbelief sufficient to invoke an autonomic visceral reaction.

All the best.

I've often imagined how much emotional impact a movie would have if it didn't have music playing behind it.

I imagine Darth Vader's entrances and exits of every room in the Death Star would be rather boring.

My girlfriend wouldn't have soaked my shoulder when they are on the beach in "My Sister's Keeper"

And that feather would have become very irritating at the end of "Forrest Gump"

#401793 - 11/13/09 12:54 PM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: Old_Pig]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Originally Posted By: Old_Pig
If their advocacy of illegal activity wasn't enough reason to shun them, their obvious display herd mentality should be.

This.

It's not even the illegality that bothers me so much, because a lot of normal and acceptable things we do today were once illegal, but it's the way they try to justify their self-destructive activity with the same ready-made opinions and arguments.

Even if pot were made legal in the US tomorrow, I still would not think of it as "okay" and it still would be a factor in my judgment of someone.

#401795 - 11/13/09 01:08 PM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: HammerOfDoubt
Even if pot were made legal in the US tomorrow, I still would not think of it as "okay" and it still would be a factor in my judgment of someone.

Exactly.

Alcohol is perfectly legal.I choose to partake in a drink or two on rare occasion.And when I do I don't get "blistered,blitzed,crunk,retarded,so on and so forth".

As it pertains to the original subject:

I feel that complete concentration is needed to focus one's will towards a specific goal.That rule applies to all things of importance,in my opinion.

I wouldn't want to see my U.S. president addressing the nation,under the influence of anything other than the task(s) at hand,which required the attention in the first place.

I wouldn't want a bomb-diffuser performing his duties drunk/stoned/etc.

There is a time and a place for everything.

For me there is NO time for illegal activities.The place for THAT is in some phase of the correctional system (which is taking up too much money,just to keep them there)

If one chooses to use whatever substance is legal in their area, that is their choice. They should remember that the difference between medicine and poison is the dose.

With that being said,they should also learn when and where it is okay to indulge in such things,and how much to indulge in.

#401800 - 11/13/09 01:39 PM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: verszou]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>I bet there's a thread in the downstairs area where you have bets on how long people are going to last

Yes there is. We originally pegged you for two weeks. You have surprised us. wink

I keed. I keed. cool

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#401807 - 11/13/09 02:39 PM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
My favorite part is how recreational users of controlled substances seem never to be able to tell the difference between an unjust law and an inconvenient law.

#401808 - 11/13/09 02:41 PM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: Discipline]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Discipline
>>I bet there's a thread in the downstairs area where you have bets on how long people are going to last

Yes there is. We originally pegged you for two weeks. You have surprised us.

Now you’ve got me wondering how much of that comment is a joke and how much is true. grin

That kind of thing existing downstairs has actually occurred to me as well (ooh, the mystery!).

#401809 - 11/13/09 02:46 PM Re: Return to the Source. [Re: Discipline]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Discipline

Yes there is. We originally pegged you for two weeks. You have surprised us. wink

I keed. I keed. cool

Well I did sort of set myself up for that one, didn't I ? smile

#425970 - 07/07/10 02:05 PM Re: Altered States of Consciousness and Satanic Magic [Re: Übermensch]
Enigma777 Offline

Hello Übermensch,

I found this topic while looking for something else, but I think it's interesting enough so I will give some input.

A) Hell yeah! These are very nice for modifying your environment and enhancing mood. Powerful imagery+music(vocal or nonvocal) can have impressive effects. Many of us know probably know that.

B)Now this is a touchy subject on this board. I'm sure you understand that as an organization, the COS CANNOT condone any illegal activity. But you mentioned legal substances.

I have just recently turned in a lengthy research paper on this topic and earned an A. The project included interviews with experts, and a friend of my father who is a professor at the University of Southern California, so I think I have at least a little authority on this topic.

After such research, I now support the idea that you can use such substances such as salvia to reach altered states, enhance what you mentioned in (A), and they can give you various insights depending on the usage and the user, and even promote creativity among other things.

Some substances open up things already inside your head, which can be good or bad if you have repressed memories and such.

A good strong ego is essential.

Some substances make you more involved with things important to you such as your religion, view on life, etc.

It really depends on the particular substance, the user, the dose, and the method of taking.

There is a world of difference between the responsible/intelligent user and the worthless/ruined drug addict, crackhead, alcoholic, etc.

It must be stressed that one has to be very responsible, careful, and appreciate what he/she is getting into.

Research about the specific substance you are taking and read about its legality, its long term and short term effects on the body and mind, and safety tips and such. Seek info from people who have already tried the substance.

I mentioned Salvia, (Salvia divinorum, aka Sage, María Pastora, Seer's sage, Sally-D) which is a psychoactive plant that can induce various mind-altering effects.

When and if you actually do this, it is important to keep in mind: set and setting

Set is how your state on mind is when you do it. You need to feel safe, secure, and be positive, and appreciate and know what you are about to take. It is good to concentrate or meditate on something, like aspects of your life or a problem you want to solve.

Setting is your environment. It is always best to be with trusted friends. Take turns doing it so somebody is sober and can help if something goes wrong. Be in a place that you are comfortable in. A familiar place or amongst pleasant nature is recommended.

If it is Salvia you want, which is legal where I live, you can obtain it at most smoke stores. I recommend this site which sells reliable, standardized products, and their descriptions and instructions are easy to understand:
http://salviaworld.com/

Start from green and work your way up. You can chew it, smoke it, or drink it in a tea.

There are a number of other herbs or substances out there.
There is a lot of misconception about these things, and people like to make assumptions about things they don't know. So get your info from reliable sources such as:
http://www.erowid.org/
http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/

If you are interested in marijuana(since many people are), you need to really read about the legality and licensing in your region(come to California sometime where they are very close to legalizing it). The website above and others gives good info on protecting yourself from harmful effects.

It can make food taste better, music sound better, things funnier, and just give you a good time with your friends with [surprisingly] relatively little harm to you body and low toxicity level.

When I was in middle school, my parents with the recommendation of my doctor, got me a license to eliminate my nausea as well as stimulate my appetite. But it also has the extra benefit of reducing my speaking problem.

I am now a healthy man about to enter my sophomore year at the California Institute of Technology, I lift weights, hike, study, and I don't do pot anymore (no effort to let go). I think my guided experience with these substances have had a positive effect on my life.

I feel sorry for the stupid/weak stoners or crackheads, or screwed up hippies who think it's cool to have their lives ruined up by these things.

On second thought, NO! I have no sympathy for criminals who waste my tax dollars for their welfare/rehab/prison maintenance, and give bad names for these potentially beneficial substances which scientists could have researched on.

So back to the topic at hand:
I say in general, be informed, be responsible, have good set and setting, and be LEGAL!!

If the harms outweighs the benefits, don't do it!

Edited by Enigma777 (07/07/10 02:29 PM)

#425971 - 07/07/10 02:31 PM Re: Altered States of Consciousness and Satanic Magic [Re: Enigma777]
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
I'd rather not try Salvia. Just look at the videos on youtube. I can't see how drooling, laughing like crazy and getting paranoid will help in a ritual chamber. You probably won't be able to remember how to conduct a ritual or focus on it.

Marijuana may be fun but makes you slow.

#425976 - 07/07/10 03:35 PM Re: Altered States of Consciousness and Satanic Magic [Re: Venom]
Enigma777 Offline

The people in the youtube videos are mostly[as far as I have seen] idiots or just young people trying to have fun with a new substance.

It's these youtube videos that are making people want to make the drug illegal. Couple guys wanting to post a video to the public of them going crazy while on something says a lot about what kind of people they are.

I don't think it is a fair representation. This is a recurring problem with all drugs and activites and organizations. Sound familiar?

Why do any of you drink alcohol or ever think to go near tobacco(now that is just boring and very addictive)?

Alcohol is fine in moderation, and such drinks like red wine can be beneficial (anti-cancer, longer life[some studies] etc.)

But there are always idiots who like it ruin it.

Native Americans and other cultures have been using Salvia and other substances for many years for ritual purposes, coming of age ceremonies, and to "see" their gods.

The effects depend on the potency/quality of the leaves, the method and the user.

That is why I said if it is your first time, start with a low potency like Green (from the website).

Since it is legal, sold by legal companies (in my region) you can be more secure of their reliability.

Yes, pot slows you down. Can't argue with that. That is why I have stopped using it despite my license. Especially after you have experienced that "high" for some time. It sure does give you a good night's sleep though!

This is why it is best to do it if you are on holiday or something like that.

Hell sometimes I think over-eating unhealthy, fried, processed food is more harmful than marijuana.

Same goes with taking all the pills the pharmaceutical companies says you should.

How many people have actually died from marijuana?

Isn't it ironic that the government health care proposals mention so many pills and yet they have this failed War on Drugs?

One must be a real sheep to believe those behind the War on Drugs and the pharmaceutical companies[and insurance companies] truly care about our health.

Exercise and eat right for once!
Better solution to depression than many of those pills.
And is good for preventive care.

#425977 - 07/07/10 03:49 PM Re: Altered States of Consciousness and Satanic Magic [Re: Enigma777]
Enigma777 Offline

Oh an by the way, some of these drugs have potential for therapeutic use.

Recently, scientists have been allowed to experiment on LSD again!

People need to learn more instead of watching propaganda films like "Reefer Madness," or taking these drugs with stupidity.

Edited by Enigma777 (07/07/10 03:49 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12283 Members
73 Forums
43883 Topics
404450 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements