Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#402824 - 11/21/09 09:54 AM Re: Why not just turn to science if you are an atheist? [Re: Euryale]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Congratulations!

wink

You have just earned a temporary ban, likely to be permanent if you return without having learned some manners, which I doubt will happen.

I suspect you're simply a Christian troll anyway.

#402857 - 11/21/09 05:32 PM Re: Why not just turn to science if you are an atheist? [Re: Euryale]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Also I will comment on respecting other religions and people’s own choice of worship, practice and belief. If you want to have your own opinion on a religion that’s perfectly fine also. In the future base your educated opinion and argument in a way that’s well represented that can be properly intellectually debated rather then basing your argument on just your opinion.

So stating an opinion and making a judgment onto a religion that is opposed to ours is intolerant and unPC? Good.

Here is the catch. Satanists are free to bad mouth Christians and Christians (pay close attention to this part) are free to bad mouth Satanists. First Amendment anyone (unless you live outside of the US)?

How do you base an educated opinion without having a biased opinion? An opinion is an opinion educated or not. An opinion is a biased thing based upon its nature.

>>You complain about another religion’s ignorance without fully even understanding their religion or the different diverse beliefs within it. I consider this hypocritical and I would respect your opinion if there was some level of sophistication in your argument.

Making generalizations are useful for the purpose of forming an argument. Does someone who argues against a religion have to understand all the divisions of that religion? They have to understanding the core principles sure, but all the multiple divisions? What a waste of spare time.

>>Generally I’d like to see an argument based on fact and opinion rather then [should be than] just on biased opinions.

What a strange sentence. Argument based on fact AND opinion rather than just opinion. What?

>>I'd like to end this with the fact that ignorance and basic prejudice really pisses me off and for a group of well established people such as the ones from this Church and forum its [it’s] disappointing to see.

First off, this website is not the Church of Satan and what is said here are the words of the speaker and not the Church of Satan. Second, if you don’t like it leave. It is rather simple.

Edited by Discipline (11/21/09 05:35 PM)

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#402859 - 11/21/09 05:56 PM Re: Why not just turn to science if you are an atheist? [Re: Quaark]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Who are you talking TO, specifically?

Look like nobody now. grin

#402890 - 11/22/09 02:01 AM Re: Why not just turn to science if you are an atheist? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

As I was rereading your reply I did want to add an additional thought.

Quote:

Declaring that Christians are insane will not change anything. Considering Christian persons as rational thinkers gives us grounds to maneuver them towards a more pragmatic perspective and ultimately our own personal gain.

Declaring the Christians of this world as insane does not take away the ability to manipulate them. Their compulsive habits of justification for their faith and actions make them quite predictable. Declaring Christians as insane does nothing in of itself but understanding their patterns of insanity is quite useful and beneficial.

#402933 - 11/22/09 12:48 PM Re: Why not just turn to science if you are an atheist? [Re: Unknown]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
This thread has completely derailed.

The problem here seems to be that some think you must choose one or the other. Science, or religion.

For some this is true,because they make it so.

When your brain is so small there isn't enough room for both "God" and reason/logic.

But some will simply choose what parts of what they want to believe,so that it fits their (sinful)life perfectly,and without consequence.

Simply put,the person who claims religion over science,spouts off such things,through or by the inventions that came from scientific means (i.e.computer,microphone,television,etc.)

We use at least one of these everyday,from some branch or development in a scientific field.

Some things just are,and science is one of them.It is information that is there to be discovered.

Edited by ArtAche86 (11/22/09 12:49 PM)
Edit Reason: human error...hurry up on the androids!

#402941 - 11/22/09 03:05 PM Re: Why not just turn to science if you are an atheist? [Re: Unknown]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Unknown
Declaring Christians as insane does nothing in of itself but understanding their patterns of insanity is quite useful and beneficial.

Ah, but declaring Christians insane may carry the unintended side-effect of killing all curiosity about what makes them tick. I find that when certain individuals are simply declared "insane," many people will stop trying to understand why the person is the way they are, does what they do, or how they do (or don't) make sense of the world, because they (wrongly) assume that there's no rhyme or reason there anyway.

Even have certifiably insane people have their reasons and their reasoning, and even being able to crack the shell there can potentially give you some major advantages in the Lesser Magic department.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#402952 - 11/22/09 05:30 PM Interesting [Re: FEISARSUX]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Perhaps this is nothing; but, I find it interesting that the title of the thread contains "turn to". Things like this act as little threads...the kind I often find in new garments. Sometime, if I pick at them, interesting things can happen.

Anyway...

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#402954 - 11/22/09 05:40 PM Re: Why not just turn to science if you are an atheist? [Re: Euryale]
Carpe_Noctem Offline

Loc: Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Originally Posted By: Euryale

Generally I’d like to see an argument based on fact and opinion rather then just on biased opinions.

First off, I would like to ask the question: How does one base an argument of Religion(Christianity) on fact? I personally do't understand this.

And I may be way off, an may have missed a lot in this post, so if I was off post may be deleted.

#402974 - 11/22/09 11:53 PM Re: Why not just turn to science if you are an atheist? [Re: TrojZyr]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Ah, but declaring Christians insane may carry the unintended side-effect of killing all curiosity about what makes them tick.

Well it hasn't for me.

Hell most humans are whacko anyway. Learning how to deal with people is just part of life.

And most people are pretty nutty.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements