Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#403133 - 11/23/09 09:07 PM THanksgiving
Ramses501 Offline

Loc: PA
SO...what does the Satanist do for Thanksgiving (besides eat) How should the day be viewed, approached, celebrated, etc. i am interested in everone's thoughts and comments and insight

Thanks

Ramses501 crossbones

#403134 - 11/23/09 09:15 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Party like a rockstar!

Lol!

Actually, I'm probably going to just eat and chill.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#403136 - 11/23/09 09:16 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: LordofDarkness]
Ramses501 Offline

that is sort of what I figured!

#403138 - 11/23/09 09:18 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I'm going to up-hold what I expect will turn into a long tradition!

I'm going to go out around three in the afternoon, take a nice walk down to my local Chinese Food joint and stuff myself on some General Tso's.

The last few years, I've found Thanksgiving to be a perfect day for some time away from everyone else in my life. Most people are out visiting family, or cooking, or watching football. Me? I wonder the streets/paths of wherever I am that year. Two years ago was the woods of Vermont, last year was Burlington, VT and this year is San Diego, CA.

What do you do?

#403139 - 11/23/09 09:20 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
Ramses501 Offline

we never make a big show of it. Stay home and eat and play games. We don't bother with family at all. A nice quiet day

#403140 - 11/23/09 09:22 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

really? what games?

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#403141 - 11/23/09 09:25 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

That doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I have been at the house for a long time.

Well guys, my woman is about to be home so I must go.

I'll be back later on either tonight or some other night.

You guys have a good night.

HS!

LordOfDarkness

Edited by LordOfDarkness (11/23/09 09:27 PM)

#403153 - 11/23/09 10:43 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Typically on Thanksgiving I just pig out, watch football for the first time since last year (and the next time'll be next year, just a tradition, I guess) and pass out from high levels of triptophan. I usually wake up the next morning around 3 AM and go out shopping on Black Friday even though it's freezing cold from the fog rolling off the Pacific.

I'm dreadfully conventional when it comes to gluttony day activities.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#403160 - 11/23/09 11:19 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
I have dinner at my parent's house and watch movies with my siblings. Sometimes play video games with my brothers.

This year, my new girlfriend will be joining me and meeting my family. I'll be taking her around the farm and showing her the animals. Should be fun.

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#403161 - 11/23/09 11:25 PM selfishly, of course! [Re: Ramses501]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
No drudgery.
Sleep in until the pm.
Awake with delicious coffee.
A peaceful yet short scenic drive.
Lunch around 4ish at a quiet restaurant.
Candles at night and a long dip in the hot tub.
A book and perhaps a movie (if any shows warrant it).
Another late night and zero after Thanksgiving shopping excursions!

#403163 - 11/23/09 11:34 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Sideshowtuper]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

What games do you play?

I surely hope it is SOCOM: Confrontation on PS3.

I was wondering because if you certainly play that game, I challenge you to a session. laugh

Besides that, it seems that my uncle and his son are coming over and my family are having a huge dinner by Thanksgiving.

Either way... It's just a another day for me except with extra food and some turkey.

#403164 - 11/23/09 11:42 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: LordofDarkness]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
I think last year it was Halo, I haven't been keeping up on video games as of late.

Anyways there's always a lot of food and I'm always expected to bring some home, which I graciously do. wink

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#403168 - 11/24/09 12:03 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
San Diego is not a walking town.

Best places to walk around here, University Heights, Southpark, Mission Bay, Mission Trails, and out in the East known as La Mesa Village.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#403170 - 11/24/09 12:06 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Branwyn Offline

Loc: Montana, USA
I indulge in not only my love of eating, but also my love of cooking. Eat good food with people I like, play games, talk, drink, watch absolutely no football.

It wasn't even until watching Dexter last night that I realized that football entered anyone's Thanksgiving traditions.

I have an enormous pie pumpkin that I have yet to process... might be the perfect opportunity.

And then, early morning of Black Friday, I work, selling normally priced items to the very, very few people in the mall who are not only looking for doorbuster deals. But alas, if the mall must be open, we must be open, and it's hard to make any deal on summer sausage and cheese be worth a 4 am shopping trip.

AND (and this is very important)... I do absolutely no studying whatsoever. For a couple of days I pretend I'm not even in college.

~Branwyn

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

#403174 - 11/24/09 12:33 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: Nammu]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:
Candles at night and a long dip in the hot tub.

Haven't done that since I moved to a warmer climate. This might be just the occasion!

Sounds like you've planned a wonderful day.

jack

Edited by Drimlybunk (11/24/09 12:39 AM)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements