#403402 - 11/25/09 12:26 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
Well...happy Thanksfucking...er....giving

#403404 - 11/25/09 12:44 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster

I believe what you mean to say, Sir, is...eat lots of chicken, Bitch!

I did post that at first but had to edit it. coopdevil

I don't want to come around here calling newbies bitches and shit. crossbones

#403415 - 11/25/09 02:44 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Normally I prepare a big thanksgiving dinner with friends, but this year I'm very busy so I decided to order out. I ordered the food several days in advance and Iím picking it up tonight. We're postponing the real thanksgiving meal till December. crazy

#403417 - 11/25/09 03:03 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I take the day off. That's it.

Besides being revolted by essentially Christian holidays, I have no reason to go to any such trouble. What family I have alive lives several states away, I do not particularly favor turkey, and I eat as much as I can possibly hold every single day regardless.

As a kid I generally dreaded Thanksgiving. Now all those half-ass relatives and in-laws have to crowd in shoulder to shoulder with us, we must eat food of varying origin and widely varying expertise of preparation, and when it's over we'll be eating the fucking leftovers for the next week and a half until it goes bad. No thanks!

#403424 - 11/25/09 03:50 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Diwanna Offline

Loc: Upland
Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
I take the day off. That's it.

...I do not particularly favor turkey, and I eat as much as I can possibly hold every single day regardless.

As a kid I generally dreaded Thanksgiving. Now all those half-ass relatives and in-laws have to crowd in shoulder to shoulder with us, we must eat food of varying origin and widely varying expertise of preparation, and when it's over we'll be eating the fucking leftovers for the next week and a half until it goes bad. No thanks!

My sentiments exactly!

We've already changed our tradition with Christmas dinner and I'm working on Thanksgiving starting next year. For Christmas dinner, I let my kids pick a country and we make a cultural meal based on that country. Last year was Korea and it turned out quite good. This year is Egypt so I have to start my research now I think.

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#403426 - 11/25/09 03:55 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Diwanna]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Diwanna
For Christmas dinner, I let my kids pick a country and we make a cultural meal based on that country. Last year was Korea and it turned out quite good. This year is Egypt so I have to start my research now I think.

That is wonderful idea. smile
Enjoyable and kind of educating.

#403428 - 11/25/09 04:01 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

(No, wait. Wrong holiday, right?)

#403430 - 11/25/09 04:11 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Diwanna]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Funny because most likely my dinner tomorrow will be imported herring in horseradish sauce.

#403436 - 11/25/09 05:54 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Spelled Moon]
Diwanna Offline

Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon
Originally Posted By: Diwanna
For Christmas dinner, I let my kids pick a country and we make a cultural meal based on that country. Last year was Korea and it turned out quite good. This year is Egypt so I have to start my research now I think.

That is wonderful idea. smile
Enjoyable and kind of educating.

Yep and it's one of the few ways that I've found to get my fickle kids to try something new. Since it's their idea, they have to eat it!

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#403440 - 11/25/09 06:56 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: John Prophet]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: John Prophet
Normally I prepare a big thanksgiving dinner with friends, but this year I'm very busy so I decided to order out. I ordered the food several days in advance and Iím picking it up tonight. We're postponing the real thanksgiving meal till December. crazy

Awww, did being editor of My book screw up your plans? Tell ya what, take the day off, get together with your friends and have a good time. It's okay, but it will use your last sick day. crossbones

#403441 - 11/25/09 06:59 PM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: ArtAche86]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
Speaking of evil, I always wondered the reasoning behind Deviled eggs,and Devil's Food Cake when I was a child.
I hate the first,and love the latter!

Let me guess, you're going to be drinking the diet Coke of Evil tomorrow? grin

Hail Devilled Eggs!
Hail Gluttony!

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#403452 - 11/25/09 08:33 PM Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Ramses501]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
I just tried this and it is simple yet fantastic! It makes approximately 6 servings.

12 oz. blackberries
3.5 oz. dark chocolate (I prefer 85%-90% cocoa content)

Melt chocolate, dip blackberries into chocolate and place on a flat surface to cool then enjoy!

This is very decadent recipe yet it contains only 7.5 grams of sugar and just over 500 calories for the entire 6 servings if you use the Lindt & Sprungli 90% cocoa chocolate bar. coopdevil

#403457 - 11/25/09 09:17 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Nammu]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Mmm. Fruits in chocolate are delicious. smile
It's kind of tradition on Christmas in my family.
I add, some flat fruits can be put between biscuits (then of course the value of kJs increases) and put in chocolate that way. This kind of biscuits is probably the best choice (always used it), can't tell it's name in English.
Sliced banana is good for that purpose, because it is not too wet fruit and connects with the rest well.

Combination of fruits and chocolate always disappear very quickly. smile

#403458 - 11/25/09 09:27 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Spelled Moon]
Diwanna Offline

Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon
This kind of biscuits is probably the best choice (always used it), can't tell it's name in English.

The look like Nilla Wafers, but I guess they are probably Biscotti, which is an Italian name,but also used English. That does look delicious and I think you've inspired a bonus dessert for tomorrow. For Thanksgiving, I guess I'm thankful for Spelled Moon.:)

#403471 - 11/25/09 10:39 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: SomethingLikEvil

Awww, did being editor of My book screw up your plans? Tell ya what, take the day off, get together with your friends and have a good time. It's okay, but it will use your last sick day. crossbones

No, being your editor is only one thing thatís currently occupying me. Even if I wasn't doing that, Iíd still have a lot on my plate (haha, Thanksgiving humor). I think Iíll hold onto my sick day. grin

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12160 Members
73 Forums
43920 Topics
405742 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements