Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#403133 - 11/23/09 09:07 PM THanksgiving
Ramses501 Offline

Loc: PA
SO...what does the Satanist do for Thanksgiving (besides eat) How should the day be viewed, approached, celebrated, etc. i am interested in everone's thoughts and comments and insight

Thanks

Ramses501 crossbones

#403134 - 11/23/09 09:15 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Party like a rockstar!

Lol!

Actually, I'm probably going to just eat and chill.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#403136 - 11/23/09 09:16 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: LordofDarkness]
Ramses501 Offline

that is sort of what I figured!

#403138 - 11/23/09 09:18 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I'm going to up-hold what I expect will turn into a long tradition!

I'm going to go out around three in the afternoon, take a nice walk down to my local Chinese Food joint and stuff myself on some General Tso's.

The last few years, I've found Thanksgiving to be a perfect day for some time away from everyone else in my life. Most people are out visiting family, or cooking, or watching football. Me? I wonder the streets/paths of wherever I am that year. Two years ago was the woods of Vermont, last year was Burlington, VT and this year is San Diego, CA.

What do you do?

#403139 - 11/23/09 09:20 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
Ramses501 Offline

we never make a big show of it. Stay home and eat and play games. We don't bother with family at all. A nice quiet day

#403140 - 11/23/09 09:22 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

really? what games?

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#403141 - 11/23/09 09:25 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

That doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I have been at the house for a long time.

Well guys, my woman is about to be home so I must go.

I'll be back later on either tonight or some other night.

You guys have a good night.

HS!

LordOfDarkness

Edited by LordOfDarkness (11/23/09 09:27 PM)

#403153 - 11/23/09 10:43 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Typically on Thanksgiving I just pig out, watch football for the first time since last year (and the next time'll be next year, just a tradition, I guess) and pass out from high levels of triptophan. I usually wake up the next morning around 3 AM and go out shopping on Black Friday even though it's freezing cold from the fog rolling off the Pacific.

I'm dreadfully conventional when it comes to gluttony day activities.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#403160 - 11/23/09 11:19 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
I have dinner at my parent's house and watch movies with my siblings. Sometimes play video games with my brothers.

This year, my new girlfriend will be joining me and meeting my family. I'll be taking her around the farm and showing her the animals. Should be fun.

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#403161 - 11/23/09 11:25 PM selfishly, of course! [Re: Ramses501]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
No drudgery.
Sleep in until the pm.
Awake with delicious coffee.
A peaceful yet short scenic drive.
Lunch around 4ish at a quiet restaurant.
Candles at night and a long dip in the hot tub.
A book and perhaps a movie (if any shows warrant it).
Another late night and zero after Thanksgiving shopping excursions!

#403163 - 11/23/09 11:34 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Sideshowtuper]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

What games do you play?

I surely hope it is SOCOM: Confrontation on PS3.

I was wondering because if you certainly play that game, I challenge you to a session. laugh

Besides that, it seems that my uncle and his son are coming over and my family are having a huge dinner by Thanksgiving.

Either way... It's just a another day for me except with extra food and some turkey.

#403164 - 11/23/09 11:42 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: LordofDarkness]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

I think last year it was Halo, I haven't been keeping up on video games as of late.

Anyways there's always a lot of food and I'm always expected to bring some home, which I graciously do. wink

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#403168 - 11/24/09 12:03 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
San Diego is not a walking town.

Best places to walk around here, University Heights, Southpark, Mission Bay, Mission Trails, and out in the East known as La Mesa Village.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#403170 - 11/24/09 12:06 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Branwyn Offline

Loc: Montana, USA
I indulge in not only my love of eating, but also my love of cooking. Eat good food with people I like, play games, talk, drink, watch absolutely no football.

It wasn't even until watching Dexter last night that I realized that football entered anyone's Thanksgiving traditions.

I have an enormous pie pumpkin that I have yet to process... might be the perfect opportunity.

And then, early morning of Black Friday, I work, selling normally priced items to the very, very few people in the mall who are not only looking for doorbuster deals. But alas, if the mall must be open, we must be open, and it's hard to make any deal on summer sausage and cheese be worth a 4 am shopping trip.

AND (and this is very important)... I do absolutely no studying whatsoever. For a couple of days I pretend I'm not even in college.

~Branwyn

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

#403174 - 11/24/09 12:33 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: Nammu]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Candles at night and a long dip in the hot tub.

Haven't done that since I moved to a warmer climate. This might be just the occasion!

Sounds like you've planned a wonderful day.

jack

Edited by Drimlybunk (11/24/09 12:39 AM)

#403175 - 11/24/09 12:39 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Discipline]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Thanks for the tip. smile

#403178 - 11/24/09 01:20 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: Drimlybunk]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
I'm excited about this Thanksgiving.

I now go to school north of Dallas, but I am from Houston.
Due to lack of existing hours, I am being forced to stay in a dorm this year of school; so this means no pets.

I have all of my pets divided up between people. My gorgous pigeon is being housed by my ex girlfriend (who we are not on good terms, so I never get to see my pigeon anymore), but she is going out of town as well, so I get to pick up my bird and bring it to Houston with me. Also in the Houston area I have an old co-worker watching my scorpions and snake, which I will also get to go visit.

It should be a very nice holiday, I haven't seen any of my pets since August. Of course, it is going to very interesting driving five hours to Houston and back with my pigeon. grin

#403188 - 11/24/09 05:27 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: mb_goatis]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
Normally I help cook for Thanksgiving, I look forward to the food, but I can do without the useless "fellowship" aspect. It's not that I don't like my family, but I have no real desire to be around them and pretend to care about what they've been doing all year when I haven't spoken to them since the last Thanksgiving. To me it's a senseless ritual of pretending to care to satisfy that shallow guilt one may birth by not keeping in touch with "loved ones". I merely get food, I say hello with pleasantry and humor, and I quickly head somewhere quiet where I can eat and read without being disturbed. This way I'm doing myself a favor by staying out of a draining psychic exchange, and I'm doing them a favor by not forcing them to talk to me, faking interest in my "bizarre" interests.

#403211 - 11/24/09 09:02 AM Re: Thanksgiving [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Bridget Offline

Loc: Canada
This year we went to my fiances parents. My favorite part was the drive, We passed dozens of cemeteries and several abandoned houses -Victorian houses. Next year we're giving ourselves time to stop along the way, so that I may capture these wonderful places on film.

#403214 - 11/24/09 09:18 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I understand that you are new to Satanism, so I will make a meta-point here that seems to have not been made.

All questions that begin with the premise "what do Satanists...?", are false right out of the gate, unless it has to do with some obviously core and central principle of Satanic dogma.

In other words, unless it a matter of central Satanic dogma, the question presupposes some sort of member-wide agreement or uniformity or general tendency, when such a presupposition goes against a core tenet of what this religion is in the first place, a religion of radical individualism.

Questions of this sort are both ironic and wrong at the same time, without even knowing what the rest of the question is.

As Magister Svengali said long ago: "If I hear one more question along the lines of "do Satanists wear brown shoes?", I'll..."

Just a standard misunderstanding I've seen hundreds of times, that should be disposed of rather early in your quest to understand Satanism.

Replace "what do Satanists...?" with "what do humans...?", and you'll see the logical error, (unless it explicitly deals with core Satanic dogma, in which case it IS a valid question).

"Do Satanists like strawberries?" = "Do humans like strawberries?"

"What kind of cars do Satanists drive?" = "What kind of cars do humans drive?"

Etc.

wink

#403227 - 11/24/09 10:36 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Grigorios Offline

Loc: Roma Italy
I am actually quite new to the concept of Thanksgiving... smile
I am Italian and basically no Thanksgiving here... but, my partner is American, so I will enjoy my (her actually...) turkey.
And enjoy myself, but this happens every day. wink
Every chance to party is a good one.

Edited by Aleister (11/24/09 10:36 AM)

The Undercroft

#403230 - 11/24/09 10:50 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Grigorios]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

This thread inspired me, another thing is added to my to-learn-list:

"Learn names and meanings of American holidays"

blush smile

#403232 - 11/24/09 10:56 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: ]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

One little known holiday in America is "Favorite Product Worship Day".

It happens every fifth Thursday, throughout the year, except if the Thursday falls on the 3rd, 15th, or 24th of the month.

People dress up like the packaging of their favorite consumer product, and use or consume it all day long (depending on the nature of the product), while singing (or reciting) their favorite TV commercial promoting that product.

Fanatics may visit the corporate headquarters of the company that manufactures the product, and wash and wax the car of the current CEO.

wink

#403234 - 11/24/09 11:30 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Sideshowtuper]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Sideshowtuper

This year, my new girlfriend will be joining me and meeting my family. I'll be taking her around the farm and showing her the animals. Should be fun.

Make sure you tell her the sheep are damned liars. wink

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#403236 - 11/24/09 11:32 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Quaark]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Excellent point!

May I add that questions beginning with "should I" are just as meaningless? Who would know but "I"?

#403237 - 11/24/09 11:34 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Quaark]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Daark
One little known holiday in America is "Favorite Product Worship Day".

It happens every fifth Thursday, throughout the year, except if the Thursday falls on the 3rd, 15th, or 24th of the month.

People dress up like the packaging of their favorite consumer product, and use or consume it all day long (depending on the nature of the product), while singing (or reciting) their favorite TV commercial promoting that product.

Fanatics may visit the corporate headquarters of the company that manufactures the product, and wash and wax the car of the current CEO.

wink

But be warned! Last Favorite Product Worship Day I dressed as my favorite product, the Hebrew National Weiner. I was mistaken for a dick and the appellation has stuck.

#403238 - 11/24/09 11:45 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Quaark]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Daark

Ideal consumers. smile

#403263 - 11/24/09 01:21 PM For Miss Spelled Moon [Re: ]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

This will get you started on US holidays. Feel free to use it as you see fit:

Attachments
12d1.JPG

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#403266 - 11/24/09 01:39 PM Re: For Miss Spelled Moon [Re: Phineas]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Phineas
This will get you started on US holidays. Feel free to use it as you see fit:

laugh Hilarious picture!

#403277 - 11/24/09 03:03 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Ramses501
SO...what does the Satanist do for Thanksgiving (besides eat)

Umm, watch football I guess.

Quote:
How should the day be viewed,

Umm, a whole day of eating all you can eat I guess.

Quote:
approached,

Umm, with an empty stomach I guess.

Quote:
celebrated,

EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT and EAT till you CAN'T EAT NO MORE!!!

It's Thanksgiving. Eat! coopdevil

#403290 - 11/24/09 05:05 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Callier]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Callier

EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT and EAT till you CAN'T EAT NO MORE!!!

It's Thanksgiving. Eat! coopdevil

I believe what you mean to say, Sir, is...eat lots of chicken, Bitch!

Or something to that effect. grin

#403293 - 11/24/09 05:48 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Thanksgiving Day?

What holiday is that?

I assume you meant ThanksTAKING Day, which is an American holiday devoted to accepting the thanks of others for your existence, usually accompanied by some degree of gluttony and idleness.

Right? wink

#403300 - 11/24/09 06:23 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Nemo]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

I wish we had ThanksTAKING Day in England.

Actually, now I think of it, from the way you have described it, it seems much like my birthday anyway.

#403301 - 11/24/09 06:26 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: RustySpring]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Well since ThanksTAKING Day isn't an official holiday patented and owned by the colonists over here, I should think that anyone in Mother England who wished to celebrate it could do so when and how they might wish to!

After all, "Indulgence not Compulsion!" wink

#403317 - 11/24/09 10:22 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Originally Posted By: Sideshowtuper

Make sure you tell her the sheep are damned liars. wink

Perhaps I should leave them out of the tour.

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#403326 - 11/25/09 12:50 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: Drimlybunk]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

A very relaxing way to indulge, I highly recommend it.

It will definitely be an enjoyable day Drimlybunk. grin

#403331 - 11/25/09 02:42 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: Nammu]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Is it sad that I have already started eating since Monday on this festival of Turkey Madness?!

No.

Gluttony, is such a wonderful sin! Especially when cranberry sauce is involved.

Enjoy your holiday,however you may celebrate it!

Also,a preemptive "Good luck" to all of you losing the weight you will have gained indulging.

#403385 - 11/25/09 11:25 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: ArtAche86]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

>>Especially when cranberry sauce is involved.

You are wicked.

Hail the Cranberry Sauce! tiki

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#403387 - 11/25/09 11:32 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: Discipline]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I know that tomorrow I will be eating turkey, mashed 'taters, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and everything else that is cooked till I practically explode and then spending the rest of the day sleeping it off.

#403389 - 11/25/09 11:39 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

You're evil too.

So much evil around here. wink

Edited by Discipline (11/25/09 11:40 AM)

#403390 - 11/25/09 11:54 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: Discipline]
ArtAche86 Offline

Speaking of evil, I always wondered the reasoning behind Deviled eggs,and Devil's Food Cake when I was a child.

I hate the first,and love the latter!

#403391 - 11/25/09 11:58 AM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: ArtAche86]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Deviled eggs are a personal favorite. As a kid they were my favorite party dish

#403395 - 11/25/09 12:15 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
We don't have Thanksgiving, but perhaps it's worth importing, just like we're trying to do with Halloween. Especially since it seems to be an excuse to have good food and drink smile

And as far as giving thanks, I think there's a few things I could find to thank the US for, like Jazz music, comcis with women in tight spandex outfits (well, the whole superhero comic genre, but especially that part grin), pulp stories, saving our asses during the big war, saving our asses again during the cold war ... I'm sure I could come up with a pretty big list.

Enjoy and indulge all of you over there smile

#403398 - 11/25/09 12:17 PM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: ArtAche86]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

>>Speaking of evil, I always wondered the reasoning behind Deviled eggs,and Devil's Food Cake when I was a child.

The evil is weakening.

I actually like deviled eggs.

Edited by Discipline (11/25/09 12:39 PM)
Edit Reason: TyPoS

#403400 - 11/25/09 12:24 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

I am staying home, cooking a duck, making rice pilof and mashed turnips.
Then, I am taking a long, strategic bath, grabbing my woman's hand, dragging her upstairs and banging her stupid. I may catch a movie later in the day. I will end it with a glass of Patron.
Pretty much like any other day.

#403402 - 11/25/09 12:26 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Well...happy Thanksfucking...er....giving

#403404 - 11/25/09 12:44 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster

I believe what you mean to say, Sir, is...eat lots of chicken, Bitch!

I did post that at first but had to edit it. coopdevil

I don't want to come around here calling newbies bitches and shit. crossbones

#403415 - 11/25/09 02:44 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Normally I prepare a big thanksgiving dinner with friends, but this year I'm very busy so I decided to order out. I ordered the food several days in advance and I’m picking it up tonight. We're postponing the real thanksgiving meal till December. crazy

#403417 - 11/25/09 03:03 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I take the day off. That's it.

Besides being revolted by essentially Christian holidays, I have no reason to go to any such trouble. What family I have alive lives several states away, I do not particularly favor turkey, and I eat as much as I can possibly hold every single day regardless.

As a kid I generally dreaded Thanksgiving. Now all those half-ass relatives and in-laws have to crowd in shoulder to shoulder with us, we must eat food of varying origin and widely varying expertise of preparation, and when it's over we'll be eating the fucking leftovers for the next week and a half until it goes bad. No thanks!

#403424 - 11/25/09 03:50 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Diwanna Offline

Loc: Upland
Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
I take the day off. That's it.

...I do not particularly favor turkey, and I eat as much as I can possibly hold every single day regardless.

As a kid I generally dreaded Thanksgiving. Now all those half-ass relatives and in-laws have to crowd in shoulder to shoulder with us, we must eat food of varying origin and widely varying expertise of preparation, and when it's over we'll be eating the fucking leftovers for the next week and a half until it goes bad. No thanks!

My sentiments exactly!

We've already changed our tradition with Christmas dinner and I'm working on Thanksgiving starting next year. For Christmas dinner, I let my kids pick a country and we make a cultural meal based on that country. Last year was Korea and it turned out quite good. This year is Egypt so I have to start my research now I think.

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#403426 - 11/25/09 03:55 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Diwanna]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Diwanna
For Christmas dinner, I let my kids pick a country and we make a cultural meal based on that country. Last year was Korea and it turned out quite good. This year is Egypt so I have to start my research now I think.

That is wonderful idea. smile
Enjoyable and kind of educating.

#403428 - 11/25/09 04:01 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

(No, wait. Wrong holiday, right?)

#403430 - 11/25/09 04:11 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Diwanna]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Funny because most likely my dinner tomorrow will be imported herring in horseradish sauce.

#403436 - 11/25/09 05:54 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: ]
Diwanna Offline

Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon
For Christmas dinner, I let my kids pick a country and we make a cultural meal based on that country. Last year was Korea and it turned out quite good. This year is Egypt so I have to start my research now I think.

That is wonderful idea. smile
Enjoyable and kind of educating.

Yep and it's one of the few ways that I've found to get my fickle kids to try something new. Since it's their idea, they have to eat it!

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#403440 - 11/25/09 06:56 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: John Prophet]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: John Prophet
Normally I prepare a big thanksgiving dinner with friends, but this year I'm very busy so I decided to order out. I ordered the food several days in advance and I’m picking it up tonight. We're postponing the real thanksgiving meal till December. crazy

Awww, did being editor of My book screw up your plans? Tell ya what, take the day off, get together with your friends and have a good time. It's okay, but it will use your last sick day. crossbones

#403441 - 11/25/09 06:59 PM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: ArtAche86]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
Speaking of evil, I always wondered the reasoning behind Deviled eggs,and Devil's Food Cake when I was a child.

Let me guess, you're going to be drinking the diet Coke of Evil tomorrow? grin

Hail Devilled Eggs!
Hail Gluttony!

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#403452 - 11/25/09 08:33 PM Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Ramses501]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

I just tried this and it is simple yet fantastic! It makes approximately 6 servings.

12 oz. blackberries
3.5 oz. dark chocolate (I prefer 85%-90% cocoa content)

Melt chocolate, dip blackberries into chocolate and place on a flat surface to cool then enjoy!

This is very decadent recipe yet it contains only 7.5 grams of sugar and just over 500 calories for the entire 6 servings if you use the Lindt & Sprungli 90% cocoa chocolate bar. coopdevil

#403457 - 11/25/09 09:17 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Nammu]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Mmm. Fruits in chocolate are delicious. smile
It's kind of tradition on Christmas in my family.
I add, some flat fruits can be put between biscuits (then of course the value of kJs increases) and put in chocolate that way. This kind of biscuits is probably the best choice (always used it), can't tell it's name in English.
Sliced banana is good for that purpose, because it is not too wet fruit and connects with the rest well.

Combination of fruits and chocolate always disappear very quickly. smile

#403458 - 11/25/09 09:27 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: ]
Diwanna Offline

Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon
This kind of biscuits is probably the best choice (always used it), can't tell it's name in English.

The look like Nilla Wafers, but I guess they are probably Biscotti, which is an Italian name,but also used English. That does look delicious and I think you've inspired a bonus dessert for tomorrow. For Thanksgiving, I guess I'm thankful for Spelled Moon.:)

#403471 - 11/25/09 10:39 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: SomethingLikEvil

Awww, did being editor of My book screw up your plans? Tell ya what, take the day off, get together with your friends and have a good time. It's okay, but it will use your last sick day. crossbones

No, being your editor is only one thing that’s currently occupying me. Even if I wasn't doing that, I’d still have a lot on my plate (haha, Thanksgiving humor). I think I’ll hold onto my sick day. grin

#403472 - 11/25/09 10:41 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Nammu]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

In a humorous conversation in which I tried to give an example of the weirdest, least edible food imaginable, I mentioned haggis lasagna as a theoretical "no fucking way" food, under the impression that no such thing could ever exist, no way, just some ridiculous humor. Guess what?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/recipes/article2050217.ece

Enjoy.

#403482 - 11/25/09 11:13 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Diwanna Offline

Holy crap, that sounds disgusting.
What about this...
Placenta recipes

#403484 - 11/25/09 11:16 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Diwanna]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I see your placenta and raise you chocolate covered bacon.

http://www.yumsugar.com/1813878

#403486 - 11/25/09 11:23 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I call with a Casu Marzu

#403487 - 11/25/09 11:24 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
And I trump it with Monkey Shit Coffee

#403488 - 11/25/09 11:30 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Delta]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I'll see that and raise you with Tiger Penis Soup

#403489 - 11/25/09 11:32 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Delta]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Sounds like it would go good with armadillo casserole.

http://www.wildgamerecipes.org/AR1a.html

#403490 - 11/25/09 11:33 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Go fish: Hagfish snot scones (3rd down after Rotting Shark and Zombie Chicken)

#403492 - 11/25/09 11:34 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Delta]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

#403493 - 11/25/09 11:36 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Delta]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

http://www.lulu.com/content/4956212

Look at the cover and despair.

#403494 - 11/25/09 11:40 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Oh come on... my plate (rimshot).

You know, sperm is best washed down with rat fetus wine:

#403496 - 11/25/09 11:45 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Delta]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Blah...
And I ate breakfast a while ago. skull

smile

#403497 - 11/25/09 11:48 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Delta]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

sick sick
Ok everyone, all of you succeeded on making me wanna throw up.
I think i'm going to have a Vegan Thanksgiving this year. laugh

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#403498 - 11/25/09 11:49 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Maybe I'll get the book for My wife for Consumerday this year coopdevil

#403499 - 11/25/09 11:52 PM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Waya]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

But I was going to invite you over for some Pacha

#403500 - 11/26/09 12:00 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Sheep's head?

Oh hell, why not? Since your inviting, I'll bring the wine and we will eat in remembrance of our enemies.

Waya=Meaning-Wolf... coopdevil

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#403502 - 11/26/09 12:05 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Diwanna Offline

I guess I won't bitch about not liking Deviled eggs and Green Bean Casserole. Things could be a lot worse.

#403503 - 11/26/09 12:13 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Waya]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Great! For dessert I am serving Ox Tongue ice cream

I apologize if I have royally screwed up ice cream for anyone.

Edited by SomethingLikEvil (11/26/09 12:15 AM)
Edit Reason: I'm an asshole.

#403504 - 11/26/09 12:15 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Why not a bite of the delightful corn disease affectionally known in Spanish as "raven shit?"

#403505 - 11/26/09 12:18 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Allright, you guys forced me into this: Duck Fetus.

Salut!

(Actually Balut)

#403506 - 11/26/09 12:21 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Delta]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

#403507 - 11/26/09 12:23 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Don't make me bring up the Tumor and Pus Sandwich.

...cuz it's not real. But the sea tumor is, Andrew Zimmern ate one:

#403508 - 11/26/09 12:30 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Its really going to be hard to eat refried beans now laugh

~Anton LaVey

#403509 - 11/26/09 12:32 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Waya]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Fuck, now I'm hungry for some of my habanero salsa.

#403510 - 11/26/09 12:34 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I have chips!

#403511 - 11/26/09 12:36 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

I'll bring the appetizers:

Related Trivia

#403512 - 11/26/09 12:41 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Delta]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I'll bring the Kopi Luwak

#403513 - 11/26/09 12:46 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Just ate a ton of it. Damn...even I break a sweat eating it.

#403514 - 11/26/09 12:48 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

My wife bought Me some whole ones, she knows how I love heat. I am learning how to can and perserve from My mom, so it will come in handy.

#403515 - 11/26/09 12:51 AM Horrific Inedible Foods (vomiting probable) [Re: Nammu]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Boy I pity anyone who sees "Decadent Blackberry Recipe" and clicks the last page. Sorry Nammu...

#403516 - 11/26/09 12:55 AM Re: Horrific Inedible Foods (vomiting probable) [Re: Delta]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

They will likely end up eating bean sprouts for the rest of their lives.

#403517 - 11/26/09 12:57 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I use fresh habaneros. It's not a hard recipe.

1 lbs tomatoes (I used canned, whole peeled raw)
whole bunch of jalepenos. I use 10-15 adding up to around 1.2 lbs
1/2 yellow or white onion
4-6 fresh habaneros
bit of salt

I prefer the jalepenos barely boiled, improves flavor once they soften slightly. Throw it all in the blender and you've got a late night snack and industrial solvent in one.

#403518 - 11/26/09 01:39 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Yummy. I should probably eat that right before going on my trek through the fog Friday morning. Sounds orgasmically intense.

#403540 - 11/26/09 05:50 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
The proper name is Butcher-The-Dead-Bird-Day. grin

I'm working, earning a nice big fat chunk of holiday pay. Which I will then spend on a new pair of glasses. Maybe some aviator shades (as were suggested to me) since I hate the sun so much. From the looks of others who wear them, I could simultaneously be supercool and hot. cool grin
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#403543 - 11/26/09 07:48 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
At this time, for all you Americans...

A thanksgiving prayer...

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#403547 - 11/26/09 08:18 AM Re: Decadent Blackberry recipe (foodgasm probable) [Re: Diwanna]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

and I think you've inspired a bonus dessert for tomorrow.

Then don't forget to let me know, if you liked it. smile

#403564 - 11/26/09 01:33 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Shade]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Shade
Maybe some aviator shades (as were suggested to me) since I hate the sun so much. From the looks of others who wear them, I could simultaneously be supercool and hot. cool grin

*tries to picture Shade as an avaiator*

Not sure if you should go for the Amelia Earhart look with the leather jacket and matching helmet with a flowing white scarf or do the Top Gun thing like that short guy whatshisname ... you may need to accessorize with a motorcycle for that smile

I recently got new glasses. I'd decided not to look for a particular brand but just go with what looked coolest. Then when I got home I looked at the logo on the side and it said Ray Ban cool grin

#403565 - 11/26/09 01:45 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: verszou]
ScottySatan Offline
CoS Member

Loc: UK
This year for Thanksgiving, I completely fucking forgot that it was Thanksgiving. I guess the Brits don't feel the need to celebrate the native americans feeding the starving expats hundreds of years ago.

I am going on holiday to Switzerland this weekdn though, so I do have things to be thankful for.

#403572 - 11/26/09 03:17 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: ScottySatan]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: ScottySatan
This year for Thanksgiving, I completely fucking forgot that it was Thanksgiving. I guess the Brits don't feel the need to celebrate the native americans feeding the starving expats hundreds of years ago.

I am going on holiday to Switzerland this weekdn though, so I do have things to be thankful for.

Not entirely sure what this had to do with the post that you replied to? But have a nice vacation. Switzerland is a very nice place.

Please note that the quick reply option replies to the last poster, not the creator of the topic, it tends to make things a bit confusing.

#403576 - 11/26/09 04:14 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: verszou]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Happy Thanksgiving! witch

Edited by Drimlybunk (11/26/09 04:16 PM)

#403577 - 11/26/09 04:25 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Drimlybunk

Quote:

Cool smile You read ... errrh ... photoshopped my mind.

#403581 - 11/26/09 04:45 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Ramses501]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Thanksgiving is a great opportunity to punish friends and relatives with my horrible cooking.

Though after seeing the culinary abominations posted in this thread, my own blood clot sandwich doesn't look that bad.

#403582 - 11/26/09 04:57 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Respect my authoritah!!!! grin crossbones grin

Jesus in a cupcake, I can't stop laughing. Thanks to both you and verszou; that totally made my day!

HS!
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#403584 - 11/26/09 05:55 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Drimlybunk

Quote:

HOT. grin

#403607 - 11/27/09 02:07 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: NapalmNick]
ArtAche86 Offline

I've got the need... the need...FOR SPEED!

"Ride in-to the Danger Zone!"

TOP GUN

Couldn't resist. On a "back to the original topic" note:
I tried Brussel Sprouts,and hated them!

#403608 - 11/27/09 02:50 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: ArtAche86]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Quote:
I tried Brussel Sprouts,and hated them!

Brussels Sprouts are the most maltreated and maligned vegetable. They taste good if not overcooked. The problem is that they are almost invariably overcooked, which gives them that bitter taste.

http://www.hub-uk.com/tallyrecip01/recipe0048.htm

Edited by MagdaGraham (11/27/09 02:58 AM)
Edit Reason: to add recipe

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#403622 - 11/27/09 05:41 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Drimlybunk]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Shade in shades; that’s great!

@Shade: yes, you definitely need to get a pair of those.

#403624 - 11/27/09 06:15 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Diwanna]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
That sounds like an interesting idea.

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#403634 - 11/27/09 11:47 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: MagdaGraham]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: MagdaGraham

Brussels Sprouts are the most maltreated and maligned vegetable.

Along with spinach and beets. There is no need to cook spinach; and beets can be done in a variety of ways...such as borscht.

#403643 - 11/27/09 01:05 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Pickled beets are fantastic in shawarma sandwiches.

#403646 - 11/27/09 01:27 PM No, Thank You! [Re: Ramses501]
Jupiter Offline

We don't have Thanksgiving down here, but it is Eid Al-Adha*!

Which I think might serve as an equivalent to your Thanksgiving, in the context. I generally enjoy My time and revel in eating meat, lots and lots of Meat. The main theme is like any other feast, a polite excuse for indulgence, going out, getting together with relatives and friends and generally enjoy life, since this is my default mode (the enjoying life part) there would be no big differences.

I feel sorry for the innocent animals who are being slaughtered because "Allah said so." And I feel it is more like "Butchers Feast" since they're the ones truly benefits in the long run! Rivers of blood from innocent animals shall run for four days, truly, "Fuck Islam."

Aside from that, I think I'll stop here lest I go beyond "off-topic."

Since I feel I already did, this is for Diwanna, try Basbosa for dessert!

* (translation: Feast of the Sacrifice)

#403664 - 11/27/09 07:07 PM Re: No, Thank You! [Re: Jupiter]
Diwanna Offline

Do you have a recipe for Basbosa? I just tried looking one up online and got a nasty computer virus. Yuck!

#403665 - 11/27/09 07:09 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: ]
Diwanna Offline

Well Spelled Moon, we went a little chocolate dipping crazy last night. Started with Biscotti, moved to Oreo cookies, and then to tortilla chips after a few libations? Some ideas were better than others, but it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the idea.

#403666 - 11/27/09 07:13 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: Diwanna]
ArtAche86 Offline

In the spirit of chocolate dipping, we are STILL eating on the buckeyes my baby made smile

Decadent and delicious!

Why does eating mass amounts of chocolate feel delightfully sinful?!

#403667 - 11/27/09 07:17 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: MagdaGraham]
ArtAche86 Offline

Originally Posted By: MagdaGraham
Brussels Sprouts are the most maltreated and maligned vegetable. They taste good if not overcooked. The problem is that they are almost invariably overcooked, which gives them that bitter taste.

http://www.hub-uk.com/tallyrecip01/recipe0048.htm

That may be why the first bite tasted great, and then the second chew lost all of its flavor and I was left with only texture.

I will try this new recipe. I love fried okra so maybe there is still hope yet!

#403739 - 11/28/09 09:00 AM Basbosa recipe [Re: Diwanna]
Jupiter Offline

7 tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium eggs
(2 cups) semolina
one and half teasp baking powder
3/4 cup yogurt
(1/2 cup) blanched almonds

Sugar Syrup

16 fl oz (2 cups) water
2 cups superfine sugar
lemon juice from 1 lemon or lime

Source

Quote:
I just tried looking one up online and got a nasty computer virus. Yuck!

I just hope it isn't Swine Flu. smile

#403804 - 11/28/09 09:28 PM Re: THanksgiving [Re: ArtAche86]
Amberpocalypse Offline

Loc: Arizona
I just made brussel sprouts au gratin at the mother in law's house for Thanksgiving. Basically they're cooked, then covered in a cream sauce and shredded cheese, then baked. It was WAY better than plain... otherwise, I have to cover them with butter and salt. They're definitely edible at that point. smile

#404179 - 12/01/09 02:44 PM Re: selfishly, of course! [Re: Drimlybunk]
asmodeus_frost Offline

Enjoyed a lot of tasty food(s), spent time with family & then went over the lady's house & spent the remainder of the evening with her & her two little boys. All in all, I had a lot of good food & enjoyed a nice, calm, relaxing evening.

#406571 - 12/23/09 05:14 AM Re: THanksgiving [Re: MagdaGraham]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406361 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM