Topic Options
#402082 - 11/15/09 09:00 PM Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect
AgentMoore Offline

Loc: Bay City
Here's a link to the show itself, available in it's entirety:

http://www.casttv.com/shows/nostradamus-effect

Yours truly is on there at about 24:30. Can't say much about the episode, but it's there if you want it. From a four hour interview, they used about ten seconds. I was told that the COS philosophy did not fit in with the network's view, particularly in light of the episode's content.

Ever forward!

Rev. Moore

Edited by AgentMoore (11/15/09 09:04 PM)

#402087 - 11/15/09 09:33 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: AgentMoore]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
I watched this when it came on. He only had a very small part and he really didn't get a chance to have any impact.

The Church of Satan part shows a scene of a ritual (I think from Satanis?), the narrator is saying something along the lines of "there are groups that believe in Satan's existance and believe we will rule the world in the time of armeggedon.... one of the more moderate groups is the Church of Satan."

Then we get Reverend Moore saying "In it's core it is atheism" all while they're playing spooky demon noises.

After I saw this I turned the tv off and went to bed. The Church of Satan was entirely misrepresented in my opinion.

Edited by mb_goatis (11/15/09 09:34 PM)

#402090 - 11/15/09 10:07 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: mb_goatis]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Yes! Extremely misrepresented!!

This is certainly taken out of context and these people try to make the devil appear real since 80% of the world believes in him as a real being in some way.

Oh well... We know the truth and that is what matters.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#402093 - 11/15/09 10:17 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: mb_goatis]
Lash Offline

Loc: Washington, D.C.
As the show runs footage from Satanis: The Devil's Mass to introduce the Church of Satan, the narrator states, "Fringe groups, including some satanic sects, believe in Satan's existence, and that he will dominate the world as it approaches Armageddon."

Even though they are not explicitly talking about the Church of Satan, what they are trying to imply is quite obvious.

#402097 - 11/15/09 11:05 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: AgentMoore]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Well, that sucked.

And I'm not even going by the whole episode. I got up to the point with the interview with you, and after it ended decided to close the browser window.

I'd be interested in seeing the whole four hours, but I'm not sure that's ever going to be a possibility. One thing's for sure: With all that pure SHIT surrounding the ten second clip, it most certainly did not fit.

What with you being a Reverend and all I'm sure it was at the very least a good interview, but I was kinda expecting to be disappointed with the show when I first read about it on the CoS News section.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#402120 - 11/16/09 11:07 AM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: AgentMoore]
Lust Offline

It was a short segment but it is always a pleasure to see you and hear your well spoken view of Satanism. I watched the second airing but cut off the machine after your brief appearance. The episode's content did not warrant my attention and seemed a bit over the top.
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#403730 - 11/28/09 05:35 AM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: AgentMoore]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

It was enough to hear the bombastic voice of the narrator and see those effects there, to know what kind of "documentary" it is. I enjoyed your short presence there though, Rev. Moore.

#403772 - 11/28/09 03:38 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: AgentMoore]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
The deck was verbally stacked before you said a word. But you were good in time permitted

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#403789 - 11/28/09 06:56 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: SueW]
SpeshulK Offline

Loc: UT
Originally Posted By: SueW
The deck was verbally stacked before you said a word. But you were good in time permitted

My thoughts exactly, though I'm sure there are plenty of morons who saw that and still figured the CoS participates in devil worship, even though you'd stated that the church is atheistic, seems like that's the very first thing we have to say any time we talk about the religion.

#403816 - 11/28/09 11:30 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: SpeshulK]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I find it funny that they only mentioned The Church of Satan's presence in the United States, totally ignoring the fact, if known, that the organization is world-wide. I watched parts of the program up until Rev Moore came on, after that, off it went. As soon as I saw all the priests and such come on, as well as the quotes from the bible, I was done. Great job Rev. Moore, your ten seconds were definately the most intelligent of the entire program.

#403999 - 11/30/09 12:31 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: AgentMoore]
Magister_Harris Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Saw the appearance when it aired! Fantastic as always! The rest of the show was laughable and completely over-dramatized. Amazing how we, as Satanists, always come off as being the reasonable and sane ones on these types of shows.

Outstanding job nonetheless!

Hail Reverend Moore!
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#404249 - 12/01/09 11:34 PM Re: Reverend Moore on The Nostradamus Effect [Re: Magister_Harris]
▄bermensch Offline

Loc: New York
My wish is that Satanism will receive the mantle of which it is worthy, as a religion. It's a religion that works.
UM

http://www.satannet.com/ubermensch/

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43830 Topics
405231 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements