Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#404914 - 12/07/09 03:48 PM Re: New member (of the site) with many questions [Re: Bill_M]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
That was funny!

I've been affiliated for 17 years. The original $100 lifetime membership fee breaks down to 49 cents per month!

I just paid $2.00 for a cup of coffee - I drank four months membership worth of coffee in about five minutes!
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#404916 - 12/07/09 03:50 PM Re: New member (of the site) with many questions [Re: Gardener_01]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Ask yourself this; what "sense of spirituality" have you ever experienced that could not be attributed to your subjective experience of your own central nervous system?

"Because it feels like it" is not a "scientific" explanation.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#404926 - 12/07/09 04:23 PM Re: New member (of the site) with many questions [Re: Bill_M]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Besides the thorough responses already in this thread, far more thorough than the original question deserved given the tone adopted, this is exactly the case.

Doing the math on my own membership duration, I've paid 98 per month. Typing on LttD, unless you are doing so from a public location and do not have home internet, implies that you pay more than that per day for internet access. In fact I cannot think of a single expense that is so low, especially considering how fruitful it has been.

Nevermind the fact that as a CoS member I've received well in excess of my membership fee in gifts from fellow members purely out of goodwill and friendship, to say nothing of shared information which, while not assigned a monetary value, has been worth well in excess of the membership fee. This is not to say that by joining you should expect to get free shit, but rather that you get what you put into it.

To compare, lifetime membership in the NRA is $750 (even the senior citizen and disabled veteran rates are $375). I'm not aware of any worthwhile organizations offering lifetime membership for a mere $200.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405796 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements