Topic Options
#40551 - 05/19/04 10:41 AM Banned Usernames and Color
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
I remember some time back that banned usernames were colored black. I'd like to see this in effect again to know that a problem-user has been taken care of and isn't simply "ghosting". The color used isn't important to me.

#40552 - 05/19/04 03:48 PM Re: Banned Usernames and Color [Re: Wonka]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

I remember some time back that banned usernames were colored black. I'd like to see this in effect again to know that a problem-user has been taken care of and isn't simply "ghosting".

I agree. One of the problems we see, notably in the non-member area, is the occurrence of users posting snipe after snipe at the author of a stupid thread when said author is long gone. Ideally, it would be nice if people didn't "feed the monkeys" by giving them so much attention but, knowing that requesting non-response from the peanut gallery falls on largely deaf ears, it might serve as a form of "harm" reduction. More often than not, the problem isn't so much with the newbie moron starting an inane thread as it's the board users who feel compelled to chirp in with their (often) juvenile, knee-jerk, and tactless comments. Consider this one of the prime reasons why I as a moderator (and to newbies, that is signified by the name above a user picture being in green) will lock a thread.

And, of course, hitting that Notify Moderator button is infinitely more effective than user after user after user inarticulately lambasting the buffoon. The latter can also look rather petty, for what it's worth.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#40553 - 05/20/04 02:17 PM Thank You! [Re: Wonka]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

I just noticed the username DatheR in black and the title listed as "Banned User".

Glad to see it's in effect. Thank you!

#40554 - 05/20/04 10:12 PM Re: Thank You! [Re: Wonka]
Aslag Offline

Loc: Middle East
DatheR got banned? I think that it is time to break out the champagne.

#40555 - 05/27/04 11:28 AM Re: Banned Usernames and Color [Re: Wonka]
Ram_Abbalah Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Reno, NV
There are other subtle changes to be found as well........

I've got to say that this user's title being changed to ARealMoron is one of the funniest things I've seen in quite a while. Hooray to whomever was responsible for this bit of humor.
"...I have built a mechanical sanctuary. In it copper bats fly on electric beams, brass rats scuttle in plastic cellars, robot skeletons dance; robot vampires, harlequins, wolves, and white phantoms, compounded of chemical and ingenuity, live here."

"Usher II"
The Martian Chronicles
by Ray Bradbury

#40556 - 05/27/04 05:58 PM Re: Banned Usernames and Color [Re: Ram_Abbalah]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Thank you for pointing that out! A fine move on somebody's part.

I foresee the Introduction forum turning into a Golgotha. The black names strung up everywhere as a warning to the others. Perhaps this "A Real Moron" title is the walk of shame before crucifixion?

#40557 - 05/27/04 10:26 PM Re: Banned Usernames and Color [Re: Ram_Abbalah]
L. Kabron Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:

I've got to say that this user's title being changed to ARealMoron is one of the funniest things I've seen in quite a while. Hooray to whomever was responsible for this bit of humor.

Big thumbs up to whoever came up with that one.

http://www.myspace.com/lkabron

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements