Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40558 - 05/19/04 11:31 AM a new forum
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
I am wondering if there could be a forum for poetry and writings in the lower regions, just for COS members.
This request is in regards to people who have had their poetry, etc., stolen and used on other sites of the internet, sometimes with very negative consequences.
I dont really know if this action would hinder the above situations, but I do think it would be a very good idea. Personally, I have some poetry that I want to post, but do not want it to be stolen, or worse.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to put it down south, or have a forum of our own.

Glory

#40559 - 05/19/04 04:03 PM Re: a new forum [Re: GloryS9]
Bumbly3 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Midlands UK
Although I'm not down in the depths; I think this is a great idea. Even though the likelihood of me posting any poetry either in the new COS only forum or up in the general area is very remote. My artistic talents lay elsewhere. . Tatting, embroidery and crochet to be precise.

#40560 - 05/19/04 04:37 PM Re: a new forum [Re: GloryS9]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Well, I like the idea. Most of the member's art of various types is wasted on the yellows anyway.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#40561 - 05/19/04 05:41 PM Re: a new forum [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

The poetry that goes down well in that forum does tend to be of the "Dark is my bleeding, tortured soul, damnation will cry tears of hatred down on me for all eternity, I am a vampire werewolf daemon from the 69th level of the abyss, hear me howl in anguish" variety. Bad bad BAD poetry is one of the chief curses of the internet. I only save my own reputation due to having a rather ironic face.

I third the motion.

#40562 - 05/19/04 06:25 PM Re: a new forum [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Aslag Offline

Loc: Middle East

Quote:

Most of the member's art of various types is wasted on the yellows anyway

I resent that remark.

We just need to ridicule the dopey teenagers that subject us to their angst. However, I do agree that something should be done about plagiarism. Perhaps you could copyright a poem before posting it.

#40563 - 05/19/04 09:16 PM Re: a new forum [Re: GloryS9]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
I'll have to agree with Aslag on this.

Maybe a post should be made by the Moderators or Administrators regarding copyrights. "All material written or drawn is property of the author/artist and may not be reproduced without written permission, etc., etc.."

I'd hate to see the public area completely stripped of worth by moving all forums south to avoid the leeches.

#40564 - 05/19/04 10:41 PM Re: a new forum [Re: Aslag]
Eric_Flu Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I donít think it would make much of a difference. Just because someone has paid the CoS to become a member doesnít mean they wont steal your poem and it definitely doesnít mean they are anymore of a Satanist then those who are not official CoS members. Thatís kind of like assuming that Ďmost black people are like thisí or Ďmost English people are like thatí. If itís really that important to you donít post it or get a copyright. With all sincerity I do sympathies with you. It is unfortunate that this happens.

#40565 - 05/20/04 02:05 AM Re: a new forum [Re: Aslag]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

You may resent the remark as much as you like, Mr.Aslag.

Any poetry I have posted there has always first been published in print magazines and its copyright beyond question.

Theft can occur regardless and it can happen anywhere. It's happened to me before and not because of LttD.

But I understand why others might be more concerned about posting unpublished poetry.

The quality of poems in that forum is 95% poor. I would prefer to read some of the members poems. As with all the other forums, discounting the odd idiot or two (hmm, ok, three or four) who have slipped through the net, member's posts do tend to be of better quality.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#40566 - 05/20/04 02:14 AM Re: a new forum [Re: Eric_Flu]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>>I donít think it would make much of a difference. Just because someone has paid the CoS to become a member doesnít mean they wont steal your poem<<

It is unlikely that fellow CoS members will shit on each other in such a manner. Even though we cannot all be expected to get along there is a greater amount of respect for each other.

Furthermore, it isn't to suggest that one of the yellows will "steal" the poem. It's just that the forum is open to public viewing. The exposure creates that possibilty.

Also, some members like to keep certain things amongst us. I have other artistic talents which have only been made known for the enjoyment and possible benefit of other CoS members.

Whatever "outsiders" views are, the fact remains - we are a cabal. And membership does have its benefits.

Anyway, you're pretty well known around here now. Stump up your $100/200 you tight fisted bastard and join us down below

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#40567 - 05/20/04 07:12 AM Its not possible [Re: Wonka]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

for everyone to get copyrights on their poetry. We are sharing our works, with due honor towards each other. Also, I didn't suggest that the poetry and writings forum be moved completely, but only that we have one in the lower regions for COS members to display our best, that's all!

Glory

#40568 - 05/20/04 07:20 AM Re: a new forum [Re: Aslag]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Having to copyright something in order to post it on the board created for the elite, is not very palatable is it? Spending 200 dollars for a poem to be copyrighted just so you can display it, is like posting around the idiotic herd, noy the honorable elite who respect each other for their worth.

Glory

#40569 - 05/20/04 07:43 AM Re: Its not possible [Re: GloryS9]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

I didn't say everyone should register their work, but I'll go along with it.

Copyright Basics

You already have a copyright on your work, but you can't enforce them without registering with the government.

With a post from the Moderators or Administrators regarding it being your sole property and cannot be reproduced, that might work as a contract. "By reading any posts in this forum, you agree to the following..."

Now, I'm not very knowledgeable about the law, so anyone with more experience please correct me.

If the Member's section has it's own poetry forum, what are the chances a Member will post a piece in the public forum?

My words were too strong, though. Sorry for that.

#40570 - 05/20/04 07:46 AM Re: a new forum [Re: GloryS9]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

From the same web site, registering a copyright is currently 30 USD but the real pain-in-the-ass is the eight month wait.

#40571 - 05/20/04 09:13 AM Re: Its not possible [Re: Wonka]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

I apologize also for not seeing the whole idea of what you meant! Nothing can stop leeches, though. Respect is found among the elite, because of their own worth, so they have no need to steal. I do feel that poetry and writings, for COS members, should be in the lower regions. After all, poetry and essays can be published, and are an elite talent.
The original forum could remain for those who are not members, and kept in its present form! Those who want to become COS members, can prove themselves, and go to the nether regions, for more powerful company. Why not?!
Glory

#40572 - 05/20/04 09:14 AM Re: a new forum [Re: GloryS9]
Aslag Offline

Loc: Middle East
Just certify mail yourself any document you wish to copyright. Make sure it is certified and all documents within the parcel are considered copyright under U.S. law. I was told this by a postal worker and a lawyer, so I think it is accurate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406010 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements