Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#408103 - 01/09/10 01:04 AM Re: Ritual Swords [Re: Bill_M]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
I think it would be extemely personal,and therefore more potent,to make your own sword.I just wouldn't know how to go about real metalcrafting.

Same here, which is precisely why I DON'T attempt to make my own sword! I leave that to the professionals.
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
I think it would be extemely personal,and therefore more potent,to make your own sword.I just wouldn't know how to go about real metalcrafting.

Same here, which is precisely why I DON'T attempt to make my own sword! I leave that to the professionals.

Yeah same. I'm no blacksmith or metallurgist.

That picture is my Dao which I bought from a martial arts supply store.

The scepter I made was simply a part of a disused steel gate which had the look of a spearhead that I had a friend weld to a steel rod. It was quite crude but it served its purpose.

#408115 - 01/09/10 03:57 AM Re: Ritual Swords [Re: TECHNO]
SteelAndStone Offline

Loc: California
I actually did craft my own "sword" when I was 16, by taking a grinder to a piece of steel I picked up at a hardware store. It's a sword in name only--it's crude, undersized, and useless as a weapon--but it serves me well for ritual purposes.

Techno--I'm intrigued by the idea of creating a scepter, rather than a sword. I've been toying with the idea of crafting an object to replace the sword I described above. Perhaps I'll take a cue from you and try a scepter or staff.

The Book of Steel and Stone

#408242 - 01/10/10 01:33 AM Re: Ritual Swords [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
I have crafted several ceremonial 'Swords" for different rituals. My two favorite have been an antique Narwhal tooth/tusk and a more recent Stingray ..er stinger.. thing. Both were gifts from fellow occultists who knew my affinity for both the sea as well as the Love Craft Mythos.
Use what feels right. its YOUR vision. in the Psychic decompression chamber only YOU are god, so only YOu can say what is right or wrong for your ritual and result.
I find that The secret of successful ritual is the confidence of those involved.

good luck with your decision!

#408244 - 01/10/10 01:42 AM Re: Ritual Swords [Re: SteelAndStone]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
It is my pleasure that you have gained some insight or inspiration from my musings, and if your response to misguidedyouth's query regarding rituals is anything to go by you seem to have an innate understanding of the psychology of the ritual.
So when I say that while a sword is an obvious choice as a symbolically charged apparatus, you understand that it goes without saying that any evocative device can fill the role.

I have always found that one of the most powerful aspects of the ritual is that it is only limited by our imagination.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12155 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405735 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements