Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40573 - 05/20/04 09:23 AM Re: a new forum [Re: Wonka]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
Thanks for the information! I have copyright laws, etc., from the government (books!) and saw the other price. The facts remain, though, that in the lower regions, there could be a more elite forum where we could really engage in powerful works.
It is also true that the copyright of a poem, writing etc., doesnt make any difference to most leeches. Then, there is the theft compounded with other negative repercussions which happen because of the theft. There is no honor among thieves and other herd types.

Glory
Glory

#40574 - 05/20/04 09:36 AM Re: Its not possible [Re: GloryS9]
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
I'd have to say that I don't like the idea of having a poetry/prose forum down below. I don't really want to be robbed of reading the great poetry of COS members. I stopped posting my poetry, because it did seem too angsty and whinny to me. I feel that my "talent" wasn't up to snuff. I wanted to hear (or rather...read) critiques about my poetry, good or bad; but I hardly ever received any responses. I read COS members poetry, especially Mullah_UVRAY's works, and thought that this is obviously more of what this forum is looking for. I have a whole book of poetry that will probably never see the light of day, because of this; but please don't rob me of being able to read COS member poetry.
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

#40575 - 05/20/04 09:45 AM Re: a new forum [Re: Aslag]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
This is also known as the 'poor man's copyright'. The important thing to remember when employing this particular method is that the envelope must remained sealed.
Many an idea of mine is currently 'awaiting' release in just this manner.

#40576 - 05/20/04 02:35 PM Re: Its not possible [Re: GloryS9]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
I agree completely that in the Basement quality and respect are more abundant. My only problem is I don't want to see the public area neglected. You have to have some gems in the dirt, else people won't keep digging.

Of course, there are at least two duplicate forums I can think of and that's worked out fine. Who knows?

My opinion on this all stems from the quantity of piss-poor posts in the public area. Luckily the Introduction forum has helped weed out a lot.

Regarding leeches: They will steal, but without registering your work with the government, you have no legal way to protect your work (like suing). Perhaps a type of notice from the Moderators or Administrators would work as a contract, giving you power over the material.

I really would appreciate it if someone with more legal knowledge would chime in on this.

#40577 - 05/20/04 03:12 PM Re: Its not possible [Re: Wonka]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Copyrights on the Internet

Quote:

No formalities are required to obtain copyright. As mentioned above, appropriate kinds of work are protected when they are fixed in a tangible medium, whether or not they can be directly perceived by human senses.

In the U.S., it is unnecessary even to provide a copyright notice.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#40578 - 05/21/04 08:15 AM Re: Its not possible [Re: Wonka]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

I dont see how the public area will ever be neglected. I have learned how the elite have been abused though. What about the elite?! Would you concede to letting leeches suck off of you in the name of 'neglect'?!
The strong and able will survive, and I really dont see how the public forum would be neglected, anyway. We tend to put our best downstairs, anyway. What have we seen so far, but a few. And if those few are Satanic, they will be able to afford the COS entry fee, won't they?

Glory

#40579 - 05/21/04 08:20 AM Re: Its not possible [Re: Discipline]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

That is interesting! I wonder what the legal meaning of 'tangible' is!

I also wonder why we should have to go through so much trouble to be able to trust other 'Satanists?'
Glory

#40580 - 05/21/04 08:38 AM Re: Its not possible [Re: Discipline]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Ah, okay. Thanks for the information.

#40581 - 05/21/04 08:43 AM Re: Its not possible [Re: GloryS9]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

You're a very passionate woman.

Most of the public here are leeches and no, I don't care about them. There are a few I like, however, but they can fork over the money if they really want to.

I'm starting to lean towards your side on this.

#40582 - 05/21/04 12:53 PM Re: Its not possible [Re: GloryS9]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Trust no one.

Anyways, if you want to post your poems feel free to. From what I have read you have the copyrights once it is on a tangible medium such as, a harddrive, paper, CD, or a canvas. Copyrights are more or less if you need to take legal action or do not wish to pay a butt load of money defending your rights of ownership.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#40583 - 05/21/04 02:32 PM Re: a new forum [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Eric_Flu Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Mullah UVRAY
Point taken
Soon I will pay ($) my respects to the Church.
Until then Hail Satan!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406142 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements