Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#406203 - 12/19/09 06:55 AM Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Are you there choir? There'll be a short bit of preaching to you, and then I'll get off my soapbox smile

My editor pointed this one out to me

http://www.dare2share.org/worldviews/satanists/

it's sort of a christian manual in how to convert others, and as such it is of course not that interesting, but the part about Satanism is a bit interesting in that they get that there are different kinds of Satanism.

The terminology is a bit off, but that was to be expected, but they do seem to understand that there are Satanists and christian heretics.

Their attack path for atheists is almost non-existant, so we should be safe

Quote:
Bottom line with an atheist (or anyone else for that matter) - you cannot argue someone to faith in Christ, but you can (and should) live such a Christlike life that those around you sense something different, which opens the door for you to explain the 'evidence'.

Well good luck with that grin but I like the fact that evidence is in quotes.

#406206 - 12/19/09 07:46 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Linenopolis
Quote:
Andy believes the Bible is a collection of myths, half-truths, and lies designed to lead ignorant people astray and give power to religious leaders over the masses.

Well, they got that right!

And ugh, LeVeyan? Who else wants to smack them on the hand with a cane for such a bad example of idiocy? Wrong on so many levels (and not the good sort of wrong). And how to share your faith using the terrorist bomb plot? Don't get me started...

A typical example of people so insecure in their own faith that they have to convert everyone else they can see. It all must be pigeon-holed nice and neatly for idiots who cant accept differences between reality and theory.

Not every cage is made of bars.
"The Humanoid form makes an excellent concentrated protein. " - Davros
"You are a collection of probability fields. " - Me.

#406208 - 12/19/09 08:18 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: DamienMocata]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
I always have sort of a "negative amusement" with such things. I constantly hear Christians who will be quick to tell you of cults and how they're always after people, trying to convert and lure people in, trying to grab the children etc. etc...yet the only actual proof I can give of such groups on the wide scale level that they speak of is Christianity. Trying to implant a mind fuck method when converting is their answer to lesser magic and if there was ever a "Black Magic" these people have perfected the art. I'd be nice to go a such a site and read that they're method of winning over people is to leave everyone the hell alone, read their bibles, and wait for God to fix all the "sinners"..but there's no fun in that now is there? How can you get over your own issues and insecurities if you can't make others the scapegoat for all your problems?

#406211 - 12/19/09 08:38 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
When it says that Devil Worship is the "more popular" form of Satanism, isn't it really just saying "the type that better fits with our stereotypes and is more useful for scaring you into believing us"?

Edited by Iscariot (12/19/09 08:38 AM)

#406220 - 12/19/09 09:36 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

How true..and after all, you can argue with a Devil Worshiper due them just being inverted Christians. It's mainly lack of logic against lack of logic and both sides are evenly matched. I'm sure these people are in their little labs working out a plan of attack on an actual Satanist, however it's difficult to combat logic and sense with Sky Daddy dictum and unfounded theory. How can you implant seeds of doubt and use manipulative lies on one with Satanic philosophy?

Speaking of which, would this not make these people just as the Satan they're against? If you're willing to manipulate, lie, plant seeds of doubt regarding someone's God..how are you any different from the Christian Satan? Because you're doing it "for their own good?"..the road to hell is paved with good intentions is it not?

#406221 - 12/19/09 09:56 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Iscariot
When it says that Devil Worship is the "more popular" form of Satanism, isn't it really just saying "the type that better fits with our stereotypes and is more useful for scaring you into believing us"?

It is difficult to say what the real numbers are, since CoS does not publish the number of members. But I would guess that just like there are many convenience-christians, the number of posers, black metal fans, malcontent teenagers and so on are probably larger than the number of Satanists.

So if "popular" means number of people openly claiming to believe in that view I think it is right. But also, as the article remarks, this alleged Satanist is most likely self-taught, and contrasting this to the elitist way that real Satanists go about things and statements like "Satanism requires study" I'd wager that more people would like the self taught kind of Satanism, just like they'd prefer a post order college degree :-)

But of course you are very right in that the christian heretic offers a better target for their efforts, such a person has never left christianity and we know how much they love to fight with those who have a slightly different interpretation of what is basically the same faith :-)

#406222 - 12/19/09 09:58 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Persecution complex: they have it. Remember, it's easier to find an excuse than actually solve a problem. And forbid someone actually doing something rather than waiting for "God" to sort it out!

Over here in Norn Iron, children are twice as likely to be praying to a Christian deity than the rest of the U.K. ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/2009/04/northern_irelands_kids_are_pra.html ), but then, most buses in the country have "Consider Christ" pasted on the side of them.

They never seem to complain about indoctrinating children when they're the ones doing it. But that's doublethink for you.

The lord is watching you, and he's just like Big Brother. A tool of the party who doesn't exist.

#406224 - 12/19/09 10:05 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: DamienMocata]
Iscariot Offline

>> The lord is watching you, and he's just like Big Brother. A tool of the party who doesn't exist.

And just like Big Brother, The Lord has Room 101 waiting for you if you disobey. (He calls it 'Hell' though.)

(oh yeah, I got my Orwell on this morning... cool )

#406226 - 12/19/09 10:09 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Room 101 is made of people?!?

Noooooooo!

#406227 - 12/19/09 10:11 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: DamienMocata]
Iscariot Offline

>> Room 101 is made of people?!?

Nah, that's Soylent Green.

#406228 - 12/19/09 10:26 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

And it's also me just being stupid with references from Voltaire, 1984 and Soylent Green.

Back on topic:

Quote:
When it says that Devil Worship is the "more popular" form of Satanism

There are probably more (I think the term is) Pseudo-Satanists out there than Satanists, if only because lots of people are lazy and like the ideas of indulgence without responsibility, and they're also the ones who want everyone to know how... "liberated" they are because they dress up in black, break the law, and get wasted cause there's no future.

Mind you, there's always idiots out there who want to take select bits and try to "improve" on something. That has to explain all the varieties of Christianity!

Quote:
If you're willing to manipulate, lie, plant seeds of doubt regarding someone's God..how are you any different from the Christian Satan? Because you're doing it "for their own good?

I seem remember that there's a line in the old testament somewhere that says "It is a sin to meddle in another man's affairs". But given that anyone who believes is saved from all sin by repenting, they can just sin their ass off and rely on their deity to do all the hard work.

Why worry about the rules whenever you get forgiven anyway?

#406231 - 12/19/09 10:40 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: DamienMocata]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

I can assure you that most Crosstitutes haven't read that book they wield enough to know what it says.

Christianity-The defective tool that no one can seem to get to work, and most haven't even actually read the damn manual.

#406259 - 12/19/09 02:24 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
ROA Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Drakkar Tyrannis
I can assure you that most Crosstitutes haven't read that book they wield enough to know what it says.

Christianity-The defective tool that no one can seem to get to work, and most haven't even actually read the damn manual.

coopdevil Iím trying to piece that together in my mind. Iím somewhere between laughing and crying! Iíve never heard anyone use that before, its excellent!

#406266 - 12/19/09 04:56 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: verszou
It is difficult to say what the real numbers are, since CoS does not publish the number of members. But I would guess that just like there are many convenience-christians, the number of posers, black metal fans, malcontent teenagers and so on are probably larger than the number of Satanists.

That is what the makes the CoS the "alien" elite, and not the majority idiot.

#406279 - 12/19/09 06:35 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: verszou
but the part about Satanism is a bit interesting in that they get that there are different kinds of Satanism.

The terminology is a bit off, but that was to be expected, but they do seem to understand that there are Satanists and christian heretics.

There are no "different kinds of Satanism". As you say, there are Satanists, and then there are people into some kind of theistic religion, typically an inversion of Christianity.

And no, this isn't akin to a Protestant saying "Only Protestants are the real Christians." We can actually rightfully claim the term "Satanism" for ourselves because the Church of Satan was the first actual group in known history to identify themselves as "Satanists" and practice an actual religion called "Satanism", with real-life philosophical applications. Also, The Satanic Bible has only existed for 40 years and is still in print, so it's not like the Dead Sea Scrolls where there could be a significant difference in interpretation or focus.

There's already a name for devil worshipers: they're called "devil worshipers". To take a group that has a completely different and incompatible theistic view than us, follows completely different literature, and label them "Satanists", is just ridiculous.

Having hopefully cleared that up...

Yes, I have seen a few Christian zealots who did their homework and got it right. Even Kirk Cameron's TV show interviewed a priest from the COS and didn't attempt to distort what real Satanism was all about. They knew very well that the philosophy of real Satanism itself already contradicts core tenets of Christianity, so there's no need to make up scare stories. As much of a misleading idiot as I think Kirk "Crocoduck" Cameron and his partner Ray "Banana Man" Comfort are, I have at least give them kudos on this one.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12019 Members
73 Forums
43829 Topics
405228 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements