Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#406282 - 12/19/09 06:54 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
There are no "different kinds of Satanism". As you say, there are Satanists, and then there are people into some kind of theistic religion, typically an inversion of Christianity.

Yes and I thought that was pretty clear by now as it has been repeated countless times on here. Although I'm sure Verszou understands that and it was just a poor choice of words on his part.

And yes I'd rather they oppose Satanism for what it actually is instead of perpetuating lies.

#406291 - 12/19/09 08:23 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
HA HA HA HA! They left out "Sarah the Scientologist".

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#406292 - 12/19/09 08:34 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Sideshowtuper]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
Now THAT would be a hilarious read.

#406294 - 12/19/09 09:40 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Lyra Offline

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
Oh, I saw that website just a few days ago.

I thought it was hilarious how they had chums from the other religions looking relatively normal, but had "Sid" done up in the faux-hawk, fingerless gloves, piercings, the whole "thug" getup, because that's totally how all Satanists dress, right? Right?! laugh

And wait a sec...the scientific theory of Evolution is a religion now? And what the Hell is a "Typical"?

Wacky, wacky Christians. devilchili

Edited by Lyra (12/19/09 09:44 PM)
Edit Reason: Found more funny stuff.

#406296 - 12/19/09 10:23 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Lyra]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Lyra
And what the Hell is a "Typical"?

...apparently a girl with borderline "mooseknuckle" and a blank stare.

#406297 - 12/19/09 10:31 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: ArtAche86]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

I find it interesting that none of these representatives of religion seem to be attractive. Some are downright funny looking. I wonder if it was designed this way. I also think it's worth noting that the Satanist is particularly nice looking. If I had to pick a religion out of sheer carnal drive....

#406299 - 12/19/09 10:50 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
I don't think "Nicole the New Ager" is too bad looking.

I'd still like to see "Sarah the Scientologist". wink

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#406306 - 12/19/09 11:52 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Sideshowtuper]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

So I'm reading more regarding these religions, according to the site. There's this list of things Jehovah's Witnesses can't do. Growing up in the religion, I was never told half of this stuff. Yes I know these groups lie constantly, but this is just sad. I like how they try to really "understand" other religions, then throw caution to the wind when speaking of others. Selective understanding..and the extended explanation of Satanism is rather interesting as well.

#406324 - 12/20/09 02:45 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: HellofallHells]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: HellofallHells
Quote:
There are no "different kinds of Satanism". As you say, there are Satanists, and then there are people into some kind of theistic religion, typically an inversion of Christianity.

Yes and I thought that was pretty clear by now as it has been repeated countless times on here. Although I'm sure Verszou understands that and it was just a poor choice of words on his part.

It was, sorry about that. What I should have said was something to the effect that there are different groups who label themselves Satanists. Using the name of course does not make them Satanists.

Thank you for helping to clear this up.

#406325 - 12/20/09 02:47 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

I know you're no dummy when it comes to this stuff. wink

#406334 - 12/20/09 09:39 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Yes, I have seen a few Christian zealots who did their homework and got it right. Even Kirk Cameron's TV show interviewed a priest from the COS and didn't attempt to distort what real Satanism was all about.

Well, let's not give them too much credit wink. They still tried to cast aspersions on his sincerity by splicing his comments with footage of 9/11 and Marilyn Manson tearing up Bibles.

But, yes, at least they knew that going the usual route wasn't going to fly. (I guess that's a small miracle, at least.)

That the evangelicals can still successfully argue that Satanists are hedonists, elitists, egoists, fascists, and sexual libertines actually provides them with some incentive to colour inside of the lines, truth-wise. Everybody wins! smile

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#406343 - 12/20/09 01:13 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TrojZyr]
Ms. Harlot Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Since there are some horror film fans here, I'm sure many of you are familiar with the movie Jesus Camp....scariest film ever. This site reminds of the part where the psycho leader lady, Becky Fisher, was telling families about handbooks they have to help children preach and evangelize.

And they think we're scary.

#406344 - 12/20/09 01:18 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Ms. Harlot]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: Ms. Harlot
Since there are some horror film fans here, I'm sure many of you are familiar with the movie Jesus Camp....scariest film ever. This site reminds of the part where the psycho leader lady, Becky Fisher, was telling families about handbooks they have to help children preach and evangelize.

And they think we're scary.

And you didn't even see the directors cut, where she takes a flamethrower to the crowd and laughs maniacally, ranting about how "I'm sendin' you all to hell EARLY this year, kiddies!"

But yeah, that was kind of a messed up movie.

#406354 - 12/20/09 03:45 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TheDegenerate]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I posted a review of the movie on Amazon which say, almost word for word "A good film that shows how far people take a fairytale." Someone said it was the worst review ever and accused me of not even seeing the movie.

#406360 - 12/20/09 08:24 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Lyra Offline

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
I'm looking through some other stuff on that website, and I'm finding it great entertainment. laugh

They've got a whole series of "How to Share Your Faith Using [insert any movie, news event, or pop-culture item under the Sun]."

It's amusing how well they can perform logical gymnastics to connect Christianity with Lady in the Water, The Simpsons, and Steve Irwin. smirk

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements