Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#406587 - 12/23/09 09:24 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: MagdaGraham]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
Not shocking..Catholics might do anything

#406590 - 12/23/09 09:41 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Drakkar Tyrannis
Catholics might do anything

Which is why nobody expects the Spanish inquisition grin

#406596 - 12/23/09 10:58 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Pythons? smile

#406603 - 12/23/09 12:04 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Spelled Moon]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon
Pythons? smile

Yes please, I'll have some. Just a small slice, I had a big lunch smile

#406657 - 12/24/09 12:07 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Ms. Harlot Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The Inquisition's here and it's here to stay!!!!

#406677 - 12/24/09 11:47 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: verszou

The terminology is a bit off, but that was to be expected, but they do seem to understand that there are Satanists and christian heretics.

However, their guide for witnessing focuses almost exclusively on how to recruit "Sid" the Devil Nut, I notice.

(And thanks to "Sid's" picture there, now dozens of little evangelical teens will run around pestering fans of the Sex Pistols, begging them to please stop killing animals and accept Jesus now.)

(By the way, is it just me, or is chatting up someone you seriously suspect of killing animals, and maybe even people, the very definition of stupid?)

Perhaps the most intriguing articles are about "Ryan the Religious" and "Tara the Typical." Looks like the evangelicals have actually learned how to take some serious notes! Fascinating!

In other news, Alisha the Agnostic is hot, and Jordan the Jehovah Witness looks like she should be a big fan of flannel. Willow the Wiccan looks like she just got woken up by a Jehovah Witness.

Check out the tract they attach to Sid the Satanist's page:

http://www.spiritwatch.org/Satantract.pdf

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#407418 - 01/02/10 09:22 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
TheAbysmal Offline

Quote:
Getting back to the "LaVeyan Satanism" term, I often prefer to refer to Church of Satan instead of LaVey, to point out to people that it is an active organisation, not a personality cult.

I think that is a useful approach to the whole subject. I am curious, does it work? I can imagine where others might point to other organizations of similar name and eventually raise the same distinction.

Quote:
After all when I look at my bookshelf these days, the books by other members of the hierarchy outweigh the number of books by LaVey.

I have a handful by other members, but LaVey still outnumbers them on my shelves. Would you mind posting or PMing me a list of what you got? I am always on the lookout for a keen read.

Refuse to die.

#407443 - 01/03/10 02:44 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TheAbysmal]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Vitaeviternus
Quote:
Getting back to the "LaVeyan Satanism" term, I often prefer to refer to Church of Satan instead of LaVey, to point out to people that it is an active organisation, not a personality cult.

I think that is a useful approach to the whole subject. I am curious, does it work? I can imagine where others might point to other organizations of similar name and eventually raise the same distinction.

I think that the only time I've had to point out that there were other groups was when discussing a poorly written book on Satanism in Danish. The author had pointed to some non-CoS splinter groups as a sort of Danish CoS, and I pointed out to him that it would have been better to point directly to the website of the church or to LttD.

Since the discussion was on a comic book related forum we had to cut it short, since the owner did not want the discussion of Satanism there to become too involved.

#407993 - 01/07/10 11:38 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Herr_S Offline

Loc: Mordor
I love the way they portray Bailey the Buddhist, he really looks like what I imagine your average Buddhist to look like (not).

Anyhow it's fun how they are telling other christians to use mind-tricks to convert people. That's really pragmatic. I wonder if the people that wrote those texts aren't really Satanists. smile

#408325 - 01/10/10 08:15 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Herr_S]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: Sid the "Satanist"
Sid believes that there is a hidden spiritual dimension that contains the power of the occult (occult means 'hidden') that he can summon and use for his own purposes. Sid believes that Satan lives in this dimension, and can give him power when he prays to him and performs rituals.

That guy has been on some serious drugs...

Originally Posted By: some random minister
Sid doesn't believe in absolute truth, so he sees the Bible as a book full of myths and lies designed to keep people from enjoying life.

The bible isn't "absolute truth" numb-nuts! But yeah, he is right about the bible. grin

Originally Posted By: Alisha the Agnostic
Focus on the observable evidence of God that is built in to creation like how 'fine tuned' the universe is to support life, otherwise we wouldn't even exist. This fine tuning simply could not have happened by accident. For example, the earth is the perfect distance from the sun.

If that person where to chat with me, I would say that he is wrong about the Earth being the perfect distance away.

Scientifically, the earth moves away and closer to the sun during its annual revolution.

There is also alot of other factors that are in this equation to produce a life inhabiting planet.

Atmospheric pressure, natural gases, variable temperatures, perspiration, etc.

All of it is produced by the other and therefore creating a delicate balance.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#408346 - 01/11/10 02:03 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: LordofDarkness]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: LordOfDarkness

All of it is produced by the other and therefore creating a delicate balance.

Exactly.

And all of it will undo itself in its natural way.

Doesn't the moon move 1.5 inches away from Earth each year?I wonder,what kind of effect that will have another billion years from now?

#408427 - 01/11/10 11:19 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: ArtAche86]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

The Moon along with the Sun effect ocean tides and the size of waves.

This interference keep the Earths water level even.

What would most likely happen in my theory, is gradual flooding.

Millions of years ago, I believe that tidal waves were relatively common because of the Moon being so close.

Now that the Sun has more gravity, the Moon slowly drifts away and thereby decreasing the Earth's gravitational effect on the Moon.

This in turn decreases the Moon's effect on the ocean.

Any scientific evidence disproving me would greatly be appreciated.

Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
Doesn't the moon move 1.5 inches away from Earth each year?

I'm pretty sure it does. The Sun is slowly drawing it away from Earth.

This is what scientists say and I support this claim because of the Sun being so big with so much density.

Density effects Space-Time according to General Relativity.

The more density you have, the more of a gravitational pull you posses.

We as living beings have a gravitational pull.

Edited by LordOfDarkness (01/11/10 11:40 PM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#408460 - 01/12/10 06:53 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: LordofDarkness]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: Herr_S
I wonder if the people that wrote those texts aren't really Satanists. smile

I think many Christians are. ("many" used carefully...)

I have this theory that Christians are just dishonest Satanists, with themselves as well as others.

They lie to themselves in that a Satanists admits they are ritualizing to nothing (No outside being.) Christians are doing the same thing, they just don't admit it to themselves or each other. They convince themselves the flying spaghetti monster is real.

The way they lie to each other is obvious. An excellent example is the way LaVey described the men who where in the strip show on Saturdays and church on Sundays. At least Satanist owns up to the lifestyle they choose instead of trying to hide it behind a good guy badge.

Sorry my post has nothing to do with the moon or space-time smile

Edited by Iscariot (01/12/10 07:21 AM)
Edit Reason: E=MC2

#408668 - 01/13/10 09:52 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

When you say;

Quote:
They lie to themselves in that a Satanists admits they are ritualizing to nothing (No outside being.) Christians are doing the same thing, they just don't admit it to themselves or each other.

It seemed like you were saying that we don't admit to ritualizing to nothing. Did I misunderstood you?

#408714 - 01/14/10 05:53 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: LordofDarkness]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
He's saying that Satanists ritualize to nothing. There's no divine power or higher being which who's attention is grabbed by what we're doing. It's theatre to purge the mind of unwanted hinderances.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406019 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements