Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#406203 - 12/19/09 06:55 AM Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Are you there choir? There'll be a short bit of preaching to you, and then I'll get off my soapbox smile

My editor pointed this one out to me

http://www.dare2share.org/worldviews/satanists/

it's sort of a christian manual in how to convert others, and as such it is of course not that interesting, but the part about Satanism is a bit interesting in that they get that there are different kinds of Satanism.

The terminology is a bit off, but that was to be expected, but they do seem to understand that there are Satanists and christian heretics.

Their attack path for atheists is almost non-existant, so we should be safe

Quote:
Bottom line with an atheist (or anyone else for that matter) - you cannot argue someone to faith in Christ, but you can (and should) live such a Christlike life that those around you sense something different, which opens the door for you to explain the 'evidence'.

Well good luck with that grin but I like the fact that evidence is in quotes.

#406206 - 12/19/09 07:46 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Linenopolis
Quote:
Andy believes the Bible is a collection of myths, half-truths, and lies designed to lead ignorant people astray and give power to religious leaders over the masses.

Well, they got that right!

And ugh, LeVeyan? Who else wants to smack them on the hand with a cane for such a bad example of idiocy? Wrong on so many levels (and not the good sort of wrong). And how to share your faith using the terrorist bomb plot? Don't get me started...

A typical example of people so insecure in their own faith that they have to convert everyone else they can see. It all must be pigeon-holed nice and neatly for idiots who cant accept differences between reality and theory.

Not every cage is made of bars.
"The Humanoid form makes an excellent concentrated protein. " - Davros
"You are a collection of probability fields. " - Me.

#406208 - 12/19/09 08:18 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: DamienMocata]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
I always have sort of a "negative amusement" with such things. I constantly hear Christians who will be quick to tell you of cults and how they're always after people, trying to convert and lure people in, trying to grab the children etc. etc...yet the only actual proof I can give of such groups on the wide scale level that they speak of is Christianity. Trying to implant a mind fuck method when converting is their answer to lesser magic and if there was ever a "Black Magic" these people have perfected the art. I'd be nice to go a such a site and read that they're method of winning over people is to leave everyone the hell alone, read their bibles, and wait for God to fix all the "sinners"..but there's no fun in that now is there? How can you get over your own issues and insecurities if you can't make others the scapegoat for all your problems?

#406211 - 12/19/09 08:38 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
When it says that Devil Worship is the "more popular" form of Satanism, isn't it really just saying "the type that better fits with our stereotypes and is more useful for scaring you into believing us"?

Edited by Iscariot (12/19/09 08:38 AM)

#406220 - 12/19/09 09:36 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

How true..and after all, you can argue with a Devil Worshiper due them just being inverted Christians. It's mainly lack of logic against lack of logic and both sides are evenly matched. I'm sure these people are in their little labs working out a plan of attack on an actual Satanist, however it's difficult to combat logic and sense with Sky Daddy dictum and unfounded theory. How can you implant seeds of doubt and use manipulative lies on one with Satanic philosophy?

Speaking of which, would this not make these people just as the Satan they're against? If you're willing to manipulate, lie, plant seeds of doubt regarding someone's God..how are you any different from the Christian Satan? Because you're doing it "for their own good?"..the road to hell is paved with good intentions is it not?

#406221 - 12/19/09 09:56 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Iscariot
When it says that Devil Worship is the "more popular" form of Satanism, isn't it really just saying "the type that better fits with our stereotypes and is more useful for scaring you into believing us"?

It is difficult to say what the real numbers are, since CoS does not publish the number of members. But I would guess that just like there are many convenience-christians, the number of posers, black metal fans, malcontent teenagers and so on are probably larger than the number of Satanists.

So if "popular" means number of people openly claiming to believe in that view I think it is right. But also, as the article remarks, this alleged Satanist is most likely self-taught, and contrasting this to the elitist way that real Satanists go about things and statements like "Satanism requires study" I'd wager that more people would like the self taught kind of Satanism, just like they'd prefer a post order college degree :-)

But of course you are very right in that the christian heretic offers a better target for their efforts, such a person has never left christianity and we know how much they love to fight with those who have a slightly different interpretation of what is basically the same faith :-)

#406222 - 12/19/09 09:58 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Persecution complex: they have it. Remember, it's easier to find an excuse than actually solve a problem. And forbid someone actually doing something rather than waiting for "God" to sort it out!

Over here in Norn Iron, children are twice as likely to be praying to a Christian deity than the rest of the U.K. ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/2009/04/northern_irelands_kids_are_pra.html ), but then, most buses in the country have "Consider Christ" pasted on the side of them.

They never seem to complain about indoctrinating children when they're the ones doing it. But that's doublethink for you.

The lord is watching you, and he's just like Big Brother. A tool of the party who doesn't exist.

#406224 - 12/19/09 10:05 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: DamienMocata]
Iscariot Offline

>> The lord is watching you, and he's just like Big Brother. A tool of the party who doesn't exist.

And just like Big Brother, The Lord has Room 101 waiting for you if you disobey. (He calls it 'Hell' though.)

(oh yeah, I got my Orwell on this morning... cool )

#406226 - 12/19/09 10:09 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

Room 101 is made of people?!?

Noooooooo!

#406227 - 12/19/09 10:11 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: DamienMocata]
Iscariot Offline

>> Room 101 is made of people?!?

Nah, that's Soylent Green.

#406228 - 12/19/09 10:26 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
DamienMocata Offline
CoS Member

And it's also me just being stupid with references from Voltaire, 1984 and Soylent Green.

Back on topic:

Quote:
When it says that Devil Worship is the "more popular" form of Satanism

There are probably more (I think the term is) Pseudo-Satanists out there than Satanists, if only because lots of people are lazy and like the ideas of indulgence without responsibility, and they're also the ones who want everyone to know how... "liberated" they are because they dress up in black, break the law, and get wasted cause there's no future.

Mind you, there's always idiots out there who want to take select bits and try to "improve" on something. That has to explain all the varieties of Christianity!

Quote:
If you're willing to manipulate, lie, plant seeds of doubt regarding someone's God..how are you any different from the Christian Satan? Because you're doing it "for their own good?

I seem remember that there's a line in the old testament somewhere that says "It is a sin to meddle in another man's affairs". But given that anyone who believes is saved from all sin by repenting, they can just sin their ass off and rely on their deity to do all the hard work.

Why worry about the rules whenever you get forgiven anyway?

#406231 - 12/19/09 10:40 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: DamienMocata]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

I can assure you that most Crosstitutes haven't read that book they wield enough to know what it says.

Christianity-The defective tool that no one can seem to get to work, and most haven't even actually read the damn manual.

#406259 - 12/19/09 02:24 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
ROA Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Drakkar Tyrannis
I can assure you that most Crosstitutes haven't read that book they wield enough to know what it says.

Christianity-The defective tool that no one can seem to get to work, and most haven't even actually read the damn manual.

coopdevil I’m trying to piece that together in my mind. I’m somewhere between laughing and crying! I’ve never heard anyone use that before, its excellent!

#406266 - 12/19/09 04:56 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: verszou
It is difficult to say what the real numbers are, since CoS does not publish the number of members. But I would guess that just like there are many convenience-christians, the number of posers, black metal fans, malcontent teenagers and so on are probably larger than the number of Satanists.

That is what the makes the CoS the "alien" elite, and not the majority idiot.

#406279 - 12/19/09 06:35 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
but the part about Satanism is a bit interesting in that they get that there are different kinds of Satanism.

The terminology is a bit off, but that was to be expected, but they do seem to understand that there are Satanists and christian heretics.

There are no "different kinds of Satanism". As you say, there are Satanists, and then there are people into some kind of theistic religion, typically an inversion of Christianity.

And no, this isn't akin to a Protestant saying "Only Protestants are the real Christians." We can actually rightfully claim the term "Satanism" for ourselves because the Church of Satan was the first actual group in known history to identify themselves as "Satanists" and practice an actual religion called "Satanism", with real-life philosophical applications. Also, The Satanic Bible has only existed for 40 years and is still in print, so it's not like the Dead Sea Scrolls where there could be a significant difference in interpretation or focus.

There's already a name for devil worshipers: they're called "devil worshipers". To take a group that has a completely different and incompatible theistic view than us, follows completely different literature, and label them "Satanists", is just ridiculous.

Having hopefully cleared that up...

Yes, I have seen a few Christian zealots who did their homework and got it right. Even Kirk Cameron's TV show interviewed a priest from the COS and didn't attempt to distort what real Satanism was all about. They knew very well that the philosophy of real Satanism itself already contradicts core tenets of Christianity, so there's no need to make up scare stories. As much of a misleading idiot as I think Kirk "Crocoduck" Cameron and his partner Ray "Banana Man" Comfort are, I have at least give them kudos on this one.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#406282 - 12/19/09 06:54 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
There are no "different kinds of Satanism". As you say, there are Satanists, and then there are people into some kind of theistic religion, typically an inversion of Christianity.

Yes and I thought that was pretty clear by now as it has been repeated countless times on here. Although I'm sure Verszou understands that and it was just a poor choice of words on his part.

And yes I'd rather they oppose Satanism for what it actually is instead of perpetuating lies.

#406291 - 12/19/09 08:23 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
HA HA HA HA! They left out "Sarah the Scientologist".

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#406292 - 12/19/09 08:34 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Sideshowtuper]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Now THAT would be a hilarious read.

#406294 - 12/19/09 09:40 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Lyra Offline

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
Oh, I saw that website just a few days ago.

I thought it was hilarious how they had chums from the other religions looking relatively normal, but had "Sid" done up in the faux-hawk, fingerless gloves, piercings, the whole "thug" getup, because that's totally how all Satanists dress, right? Right?! laugh

And wait a sec...the scientific theory of Evolution is a religion now? And what the Hell is a "Typical"?

Wacky, wacky Christians. devilchili

Edited by Lyra (12/19/09 09:44 PM)
Edit Reason: Found more funny stuff.

#406296 - 12/19/09 10:23 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Lyra]
ArtAche86 Offline

Originally Posted By: Lyra
And what the Hell is a "Typical"?

...apparently a girl with borderline "mooseknuckle" and a blank stare.

#406297 - 12/19/09 10:31 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: ArtAche86]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

I find it interesting that none of these representatives of religion seem to be attractive. Some are downright funny looking. I wonder if it was designed this way. I also think it's worth noting that the Satanist is particularly nice looking. If I had to pick a religion out of sheer carnal drive....

#406299 - 12/19/09 10:50 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
I don't think "Nicole the New Ager" is too bad looking.

I'd still like to see "Sarah the Scientologist". wink

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#406306 - 12/19/09 11:52 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Sideshowtuper]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

So I'm reading more regarding these religions, according to the site. There's this list of things Jehovah's Witnesses can't do. Growing up in the religion, I was never told half of this stuff. Yes I know these groups lie constantly, but this is just sad. I like how they try to really "understand" other religions, then throw caution to the wind when speaking of others. Selective understanding..and the extended explanation of Satanism is rather interesting as well.

#406324 - 12/20/09 02:45 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: HellofallHells]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: HellofallHells
Quote:

Yes and I thought that was pretty clear by now as it has been repeated countless times on here. Although I'm sure Verszou understands that and it was just a poor choice of words on his part.

It was, sorry about that. What I should have said was something to the effect that there are different groups who label themselves Satanists. Using the name of course does not make them Satanists.

Thank you for helping to clear this up.

#406325 - 12/20/09 02:47 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

I know you're no dummy when it comes to this stuff. wink

#406334 - 12/20/09 09:39 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Yes, I have seen a few Christian zealots who did their homework and got it right. Even Kirk Cameron's TV show interviewed a priest from the COS and didn't attempt to distort what real Satanism was all about.

Well, let's not give them too much credit wink. They still tried to cast aspersions on his sincerity by splicing his comments with footage of 9/11 and Marilyn Manson tearing up Bibles.

But, yes, at least they knew that going the usual route wasn't going to fly. (I guess that's a small miracle, at least.)

That the evangelicals can still successfully argue that Satanists are hedonists, elitists, egoists, fascists, and sexual libertines actually provides them with some incentive to colour inside of the lines, truth-wise. Everybody wins! smile

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#406343 - 12/20/09 01:13 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TrojZyr]
Ms. Harlot Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Since there are some horror film fans here, I'm sure many of you are familiar with the movie Jesus Camp....scariest film ever. This site reminds of the part where the psycho leader lady, Becky Fisher, was telling families about handbooks they have to help children preach and evangelize.

And they think we're scary.

#406344 - 12/20/09 01:18 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Ms. Harlot]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: Ms. Harlot
Since there are some horror film fans here, I'm sure many of you are familiar with the movie Jesus Camp....scariest film ever. This site reminds of the part where the psycho leader lady, Becky Fisher, was telling families about handbooks they have to help children preach and evangelize.

And they think we're scary.

And you didn't even see the directors cut, where she takes a flamethrower to the crowd and laughs maniacally, ranting about how "I'm sendin' you all to hell EARLY this year, kiddies!"

But yeah, that was kind of a messed up movie.

#406354 - 12/20/09 03:45 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TheDegenerate]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I posted a review of the movie on Amazon which say, almost word for word "A good film that shows how far people take a fairytale." Someone said it was the worst review ever and accused me of not even seeing the movie.

#406360 - 12/20/09 08:24 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Lyra Offline

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
I'm looking through some other stuff on that website, and I'm finding it great entertainment. laugh

They've got a whole series of "How to Share Your Faith Using [insert any movie, news event, or pop-culture item under the Sun]."

It's amusing how well they can perform logical gymnastics to connect Christianity with Lady in the Water, The Simpsons, and Steve Irwin. smirk

#406361 - 12/20/09 08:37 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Lyra]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Lyra
It's amusing how well they can perform logical gymnastics to connect Christianity with Lady in the Water, The Simpsons, and Steve Irwin. smirk

I think Steve Irwin's death was a bigger sacrifice, at least to my entertainment.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#406362 - 12/20/09 08:57 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

There was a time, at least when I was growing up, that The Simpsons were deemed the cartoon version of the antichrist. Funny now that they're trying to tie such a cartoon to Christian themes.

#406364 - 12/20/09 09:27 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
I remember an episode in which most of Springfield joins a cult. The pastor says to his last followers (Ned & Family), "This new cult is no more than mindless repetition and the taking of people's money! Now let's say the Lords prayer 5 times and pass the collection plate." Another episode sees Maggie scoring high on an IQ test, the test giver exclaims, "That's very high for a christian!"

When they try to claim Family Guy their end is nigh.

#406384 - 12/21/09 04:31 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: HellofallHells]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Well, just as a courtesy to new readers...

#406403 - 12/21/09 10:41 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Yes of course. It has to be pointed out when it comes up. Not a critisism of your efforts at all.

#406411 - 12/21/09 01:17 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Well, just as a courtesy to new readers...

Absolutely. I though that was the motive behind your correction. And it does need to be said again and again because it's something that not only christians but many others get wrong too - for instance, I didn't realize the distinction when I first came here.

#406419 - 12/21/09 04:37 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Ms. Harlot Offline

Unfortunately, I've been guilty of using the term "LaVeyan Satanism" to explain real Satanism to someone unfamiliar. It sort of makes a person take notice that it's something different than what they think they know of. If they're interested enough to really engage in a good discussion about it, I tell them the details. That probably doesn't help though.

#406420 - 12/21/09 04:45 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Ms. Harlot]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
"LaVeyan Satanism" implies that there are multiple kinds of Satanism. There are not.

#406421 - 12/21/09 05:07 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drimlybunk]
Ms. Harlot Offline

Yes, I know that, and it probably does a great disfavor for Satanism, but it had helped me avoid a confrontation before. Now that I've studied about it more, I will indeed keep myself from making that mistake.

#406433 - 12/21/09 06:46 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Delta]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Delta
Another episode sees Maggie scoring high on an IQ test, the test giver exclaims, "That's very high for a christian!"

There’s a similar gag in an episode of Family Guy, where a psychologist pulls out a chart explaining different levels of intelligence, and right below “mentally retarded” he has “Creationists”. laugh

#406531 - 12/22/09 10:00 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: John Prophet]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
when i first read some of the stuff on this site, it wasn't very long before i realized they put almost everyone in the wrong box at one point.

lots of bad information altogether, but it is a consolation that their ignorance will be the beacon that stears anyone who THINKS away.

#406536 - 12/22/09 10:40 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Ms. Harlot]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: Ms. Harlot
Yes, I know that, and it probably does a great disfavor for Satanism, but it had helped me avoid a confrontation before.

I've done the same thing, for very much the same reason. Every shithead on the planet with a television or a subscription to Readers Digest fancies themselves an expert on "Real Satanism," so you do often have to use various techniques to get them to sit down, shut up, and listen.

But, I believe it is vitally important to then wean people off of the idea of different and diverse "Satanisms" as soon as possible, once they've been educated about the real deal, and then absolutely insist upon that standard.

#406543 - 12/22/09 11:16 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TrojZyr]
TheAbysmal Offline

This is such a sticky point with Satanism. In respect, I absolutely agree that it is a vitally important distinction to make. But, not everyone will see it this way.

People call Liquid Paper "whiteout" even though it is not White Out. People call--much less, these days--copying "Xeroxing" even if the machine is a Konica, Cannon, or some other.

There is something to be said for what has, for no good reasons, become a household name.

Some people just do not see a word for what it was meant to mean.

That you mention "insist[ing] upon that standard" even elucidates the problem: Satanism as codified by Anton LaVey is the Golden Standard, if you will, of what Satanism is. The attribution "LaVeyan Satanism" is not going away so long as their are other institutions of similar name. If anything, it will just become more of a household name as more and more institutions subsume the moniker "Satanism" in their names or customs.

I am not saying it is right or anyone should stop insisting on what is correct. Just saying that, despite any valiant efforts, it is not going away.

Refuse to die.

#406552 - 12/23/09 12:28 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TheAbysmal]
verszou Offline

You see the same thing happening with for instance the word "Hacker". It goes back to MIT, even to the days before computers were widespread. The original use was to denote a person with skills, but over the years it was misused to refer to criminals who break into computer systems.
Even though the open source community tries to retain the word in its original meaning and refer to the criminals as crackers, the damage is done. Even among those who break into systems you have white hat, black hat and grey hat variants of the hacker name.

Getting back to the "LaVeyan Satanism" term, I often prefer to refer to Church of Satan instead of LaVey, to point out to people that it is an active organisation, not a personality cult. After all when I look at my bookshelf these days, the books by other members of the hierarchy outweigh the number of books by LaVey.

#406578 - 12/23/09 06:30 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Lyra]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#406587 - 12/23/09 09:24 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: MagdaGraham]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Not shocking..Catholics might do anything

#406590 - 12/23/09 09:41 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
verszou Offline

Catholics might do anything

Which is why nobody expects the Spanish inquisition grin

#406596 - 12/23/09 10:58 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Pythons? smile

#406603 - 12/23/09 12:04 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Spelled Moon]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon
Pythons? smile

Yes please, I'll have some. Just a small slice, I had a big lunch smile

#406657 - 12/24/09 12:07 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Ms. Harlot Offline

The Inquisition's here and it's here to stay!!!!

#406677 - 12/24/09 11:47 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

However, their guide for witnessing focuses almost exclusively on how to recruit "Sid" the Devil Nut, I notice.

(And thanks to "Sid's" picture there, now dozens of little evangelical teens will run around pestering fans of the Sex Pistols, begging them to please stop killing animals and accept Jesus now.)

(By the way, is it just me, or is chatting up someone you seriously suspect of killing animals, and maybe even people, the very definition of stupid?)

Perhaps the most intriguing articles are about "Ryan the Religious" and "Tara the Typical." Looks like the evangelicals have actually learned how to take some serious notes! Fascinating!

In other news, Alisha the Agnostic is hot, and Jordan the Jehovah Witness looks like she should be a big fan of flannel. Willow the Wiccan looks like she just got woken up by a Jehovah Witness.

Check out the tract they attach to Sid the Satanist's page:

http://www.spiritwatch.org/Satantract.pdf

#407418 - 01/02/10 09:22 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
TheAbysmal Offline

Quote:
Getting back to the "LaVeyan Satanism" term, I often prefer to refer to Church of Satan instead of LaVey, to point out to people that it is an active organisation, not a personality cult.

I think that is a useful approach to the whole subject. I am curious, does it work? I can imagine where others might point to other organizations of similar name and eventually raise the same distinction.

Quote:
After all when I look at my bookshelf these days, the books by other members of the hierarchy outweigh the number of books by LaVey.

I have a handful by other members, but LaVey still outnumbers them on my shelves. Would you mind posting or PMing me a list of what you got? I am always on the lookout for a keen read.

Refuse to die.

#407443 - 01/03/10 02:44 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TheAbysmal]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Vitaeviternus
Quote:
Getting back to the "LaVeyan Satanism" term, I often prefer to refer to Church of Satan instead of LaVey, to point out to people that it is an active organisation, not a personality cult.

I think that is a useful approach to the whole subject. I am curious, does it work? I can imagine where others might point to other organizations of similar name and eventually raise the same distinction.

I think that the only time I've had to point out that there were other groups was when discussing a poorly written book on Satanism in Danish. The author had pointed to some non-CoS splinter groups as a sort of Danish CoS, and I pointed out to him that it would have been better to point directly to the website of the church or to LttD.

Since the discussion was on a comic book related forum we had to cut it short, since the owner did not want the discussion of Satanism there to become too involved.

#407993 - 01/07/10 11:38 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Herr_S Offline

Loc: Mordor
I love the way they portray Bailey the Buddhist, he really looks like what I imagine your average Buddhist to look like (not).

Anyhow it's fun how they are telling other christians to use mind-tricks to convert people. That's really pragmatic. I wonder if the people that wrote those texts aren't really Satanists. smile

#408325 - 01/10/10 08:15 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Herr_S]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: Sid the "Satanist"
Sid believes that there is a hidden spiritual dimension that contains the power of the occult (occult means 'hidden') that he can summon and use for his own purposes. Sid believes that Satan lives in this dimension, and can give him power when he prays to him and performs rituals.

That guy has been on some serious drugs...

Originally Posted By: some random minister
Sid doesn't believe in absolute truth, so he sees the Bible as a book full of myths and lies designed to keep people from enjoying life.

The bible isn't "absolute truth" numb-nuts! But yeah, he is right about the bible. grin

Originally Posted By: Alisha the Agnostic
Focus on the observable evidence of God that is built in to creation like how 'fine tuned' the universe is to support life, otherwise we wouldn't even exist. This fine tuning simply could not have happened by accident. For example, the earth is the perfect distance from the sun.

If that person where to chat with me, I would say that he is wrong about the Earth being the perfect distance away.

Scientifically, the earth moves away and closer to the sun during its annual revolution.

There is also alot of other factors that are in this equation to produce a life inhabiting planet.

Atmospheric pressure, natural gases, variable temperatures, perspiration, etc.

All of it is produced by the other and therefore creating a delicate balance.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#408346 - 01/11/10 02:03 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: LordofDarkness]
ArtAche86 Offline

Originally Posted By: LordOfDarkness

All of it is produced by the other and therefore creating a delicate balance.

Exactly.

And all of it will undo itself in its natural way.

Doesn't the moon move 1.5 inches away from Earth each year?I wonder,what kind of effect that will have another billion years from now?

#408427 - 01/11/10 11:19 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: ArtAche86]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

The Moon along with the Sun effect ocean tides and the size of waves.

This interference keep the Earths water level even.

What would most likely happen in my theory, is gradual flooding.

Millions of years ago, I believe that tidal waves were relatively common because of the Moon being so close.

Now that the Sun has more gravity, the Moon slowly drifts away and thereby decreasing the Earth's gravitational effect on the Moon.

This in turn decreases the Moon's effect on the ocean.

Any scientific evidence disproving me would greatly be appreciated.

Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
Doesn't the moon move 1.5 inches away from Earth each year?

I'm pretty sure it does. The Sun is slowly drawing it away from Earth.

This is what scientists say and I support this claim because of the Sun being so big with so much density.

Density effects Space-Time according to General Relativity.

The more density you have, the more of a gravitational pull you posses.

We as living beings have a gravitational pull.

Edited by LordOfDarkness (01/11/10 11:40 PM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#408460 - 01/12/10 06:53 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: LordofDarkness]
Iscariot Offline

Originally Posted By: Herr_S
I wonder if the people that wrote those texts aren't really Satanists. smile

I think many Christians are. ("many" used carefully...)

I have this theory that Christians are just dishonest Satanists, with themselves as well as others.

They lie to themselves in that a Satanists admits they are ritualizing to nothing (No outside being.) Christians are doing the same thing, they just don't admit it to themselves or each other. They convince themselves the flying spaghetti monster is real.

The way they lie to each other is obvious. An excellent example is the way LaVey described the men who where in the strip show on Saturdays and church on Sundays. At least Satanist owns up to the lifestyle they choose instead of trying to hide it behind a good guy badge.

Sorry my post has nothing to do with the moon or space-time smile

Edited by Iscariot (01/12/10 07:21 AM)
Edit Reason: E=MC2

#408668 - 01/13/10 09:52 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Iscariot]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

When you say;

Quote:
They lie to themselves in that a Satanists admits they are ritualizing to nothing (No outside being.) Christians are doing the same thing, they just don't admit it to themselves or each other.

It seemed like you were saying that we don't admit to ritualizing to nothing. Did I misunderstood you?

#408714 - 01/14/10 05:53 AM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: LordofDarkness]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

He's saying that Satanists ritualize to nothing. There's no divine power or higher being which who's attention is grabbed by what we're doing. It's theatre to purge the mind of unwanted hinderances.

#408897 - 01/15/10 05:34 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

He's saying that Satanists ritualize to nothing. There's no divine power or higher being which who's attention is grabbed by what we're doing. It's theatre to purge the mind of unwanted hinderances.

Ahh. I misread it then.

Yes I certainly agree.

#408923 - 01/15/10 10:41 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: TrojZyr]
cheryablinsk70 Offline

Originally Posted By: TrojZyr

(And thanks to "Sid's" picture there, now dozens of little evangelical teens will run around pestering fans of the Sex Pistols, begging them to please stop killing animals and accept Jesus now.)

If some of the Campus Christian Fellowship guys at my college pulled something like that, I'd be tempted to play along with that image, just for fun.

-Eisbrecher, Wikommen im Nichts

#409641 - 01/21/10 06:21 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
It looks as though they forgot "Petey the Pagan." crazy

Undercroft

#410247 - 01/26/10 01:52 PM Re: Christians who actually get the differences in Satanism [Re: verszou]
Dimitri Offline

Differences in Satanism?
Can they distinguish the fucktards and pseuds from Satanists?
There is only Satanism as described by ASL. So I guess some of them finally got to read the SW and SB and other related works...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements