Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#407293 - 01/01/10 05:33 AM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Skjalandir]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Skjalandir
This should hit the nail on the head for this thread...

http://www.lovegodsway.org/GayBands

My favourite feature is the extra explanations to artists, ranging from Elton John (really gay) to Morrisey (questionable).

Happy New Year.

Funny list, especially to find King Crimson in there with the others - apart from Fripp being married to Toyah I never really thought of them as having a "dangerous" side.

#407320 - 01/01/10 02:40 PM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Phineas]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
There is actually an internet term for information found concerning someones identity, its called a powerword.

Magister Phineas is many things, but a conspiracy theorist? No.

#407342 - 01/01/10 07:36 PM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Skjalandir]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
Originally Posted By: Skjalandir
This should hit the nail on the head for this thread...

http://www.lovegodsway.org/GayBands

My favourite feature is the extra explanations to artists, ranging from Elton John (really gay) to Morrisey (questionable).

Happy New Year.

Whenever I see sites like this, I honestly wonder if such people are for real. I would love to know the criteria for ending up on this list..Metallica?...CANNIBAL CORPSE? DMX? Jay-Z?..Am I missing something? What do any of the mentioned musicians have to do with gay anything?

#407345 - 01/01/10 09:49 PM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Skjalandir]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Thank you Skjalandir for that link, l showed it to my husband and my 16 yr old daughter and we all fell over laughing.

The internet is a fascinating place full of fantastic information but it is also one of the few places that 'anyone' can add pure utter shit!
I am still shaking my head in disgust (once l stopped laughing)

Not being very familiar with any 'gay terminology' l was intrigued with Marilyn Manson's explanation - (dark gay), also a little concerned with how the Disney network would feel if they knew the truth about the Jonas Brothers!!!!!!

Thanks again, l love a good laugh...

Hail Satan!
Midnight

Edited by Midnight (01/01/10 09:49 PM)

#407364 - 01/02/10 12:09 AM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Midnight]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Even though that website is actually a joke, it's sad that I've come across worse things from people who were completely serious.

#407373 - 01/02/10 04:08 AM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Ah I didn't realise he was a fictional character. For a momment I thought it was real!

Edited by Skjalandir (01/02/10 04:12 AM)
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#407378 - 01/02/10 08:06 AM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Skjalandir]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Isn't it sad that when you see such things that are too ridiculous for words, you can't even be sure if it's real or not? People are insane..

#407379 - 01/02/10 08:23 AM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Drakkar Tyrannis
Isn't it sad that when you see such things that are too ridiculous for words, you can't even be sure if it's real or not? People are insane..

If it's a joke that at least explains some of the things that I couldn't make sense of. I also just noticed that Dresden Dolls are among the safe bands ... I have an inkling that Amanda Palmer would have liked to not be included there smile

#407464 - 01/03/10 08:11 AM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: Jack_Lantern]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Jack_Lantern
There is actually an internet term for information found concerning someones identity, its called a powerword.

I got curious about this term and tried to look it up, but it seems to be used in many contexts and for at least one product.

Do you have any references to this particular use of the word? It's an interesting concept I think.

#407498 - 01/03/10 05:30 PM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: verszou]
TheAbysmal Offline

Try this, cached on Google's server. NOTE: The live site hosts a trojan at the moment, but the Google cache appears to be safe. Just do not follow any links out of the Google cache, which is what I have posted below.

http : // 74.125.47.132 / search?q=cache:Gw2ESEAvrjEJ:encyclopediadramatica.com/PowerWord:_IRL_Name+powerword+internet+privacy&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

You will see the term come up every now and again in 2600, Hackin9, and similar magazines, too.

It is virtually impossible to remain anonymous on the Internet. Even with valiant effort, equally valiant effort can uncover one's trail. Even if one exclusively used Internet cafes--not talking free wireless at the coffee shop--one usually presents some form of ID and often pays with a debit/credit card.

Refuse to die.

#407557 - 01/04/10 12:17 AM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: TheAbysmal]
verszou Offline

Interesting. One of my colleagues bought the compilation of 2600 magazines that came out a while back, going to check with him too. Thanks for the info.

#407596 - 01/04/10 12:04 PM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: verszou]
verszou Offline

My colleague suggested checking out "Privacy is dead - get over it" from one of the HOPE conferences. It can be found on Google video. So that's part of the plan for tonight smile

#407611 - 01/04/10 02:48 PM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: verszou]
TheAbysmal Offline

Heh... That is on sale on DVD at the 2600 website.

Maybe worth it if the material is good, but it appears to be on YouTube. I will check it out. Thanks. smile

Refuse to die.

#407618 - 01/04/10 04:54 PM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: TheAbysmal]
verszou Offline

Originally Posted By: Vitaeviternus
Heh... That is on sale on DVD at the 2600 website.

Maybe worth it if the material is good, but it appears to be on YouTube. I will check it out. Thanks. smile

I think it's really good, I'm probably more careful than most of my friends, but I'm pretty sure that this guy would find what he needed to find out about me if need be.

I'll check out the DVD versions.

#407619 - 01/04/10 05:27 PM Re: Homosexuality and The Real Thing [Re: verszou]
TheAbysmal Offline

Just finished watching it, too. Pretty spot on. I find it a shame that Mr. Rambam only touches on some privacy concerns of which many casual viewers would benefit from a more in depth treatment.

One point he made of the iPhone's non-removable battery was remarkable to me. It would be interesting to observe that becoming a design trend.

Lots of other great stuff in there, too, but he did not once mention "powerword" that I observed. smile

In respect to SINClair, whose thread seems to have been somewhat derailed from the subject of homosexuality, you might find it interesting, too. Mr. Rambam goes into a little detail in how one's perceived sexuality can a gold mine of information. That may neither come as any huge mystery, nor a privacy concern itself. How information gatherers compile it and draw relationships to other information might.

Just remarking on this thread might get me mailings from the Democratic party.

Refuse to die.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406136 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements