Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#407558 - 01/04/10 12:20 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Pablovilla]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: paul_r

I think you missed my point, why make silly goals that mean little, that can't be completed.

I can't see that point made in the original post - so perhaps we didn't miss it, you never made the point smile

#407569 - 01/04/10 04:43 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Pablovilla]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
I have goals, and all of those that are important to me I complete, unless for some reason they become illigal to finish. I have finished goals such as finishing my masters degree, have a job with medical insurance, a home, someone that looks forward to seeing me when I get home that enjoys my company, pets that make undesireables think twice before tresspassing, new vehicle that I enjoy, should I go on

Congratulations on your achievements, and I didn't mean to offend in my origional post. Perhaps it was too strongly worded.

I did indeed miss your point, but I only missed it because I do not have any interest what-so-ever in what the herd do with New Years, but with what we do with New Years.

Complaining about some fat cow saying she will diet and not go through with it is of no use to us.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#407576 - 01/04/10 06:46 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: TheDegenerate]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Yes ..., OF COURSE I mean you (glad you mentioned the name change, I was confused for a minute)! grin

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#407578 - 01/04/10 07:11 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Skjalandir]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Point well taken. Also anything that is advertized on any stations are ment for mass market are for the herd. One such thing is new years resolutions, and like you plainly stated the fat cow watching TV munching donuts.

I have had the misfortune of seeing such people women so fat that they have clevage on their back, and so fat that they need to ride in a panel van because they can't get in and out of regular doors. Also people so fat that they block the whole isle in a store, or so fat that they need to use a wheelchair because their legs are not strong enough to support them. Once I was at a hardware store and when leaving seen a woman (at least I think that it was a woman) in the back of a van munching down chips, I could sware that it was Jaba the Hut. There was no way such a person could get behind the wheel of any vehicle, let alone be able to reach the steering wheel.

One need not have a diet plan if they eat normally, and actually do things with their life. Just moving around uses quite a large amount of energy. I do not consider watching TV as something good for people, if one is to sit for a while read a book, or write a book, or even articles. However such things are beond most people, and expecally the herd.

Edited by paul_r (01/04/10 07:13 AM)

#407652 - 01/05/10 12:20 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: AurEum]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
*The majority of the herd is content with saying they'd like to do x, y, or z while sitting around and not actually doing anything to make it happen. Most Satanists that I know make things happen.*

Yes, a lot of people forget one of the key points to setting goals and that is also including HOW and WHEN they will achieve these goals. I think that is why 'New Year Resolutions' are so empty for the herd because it becomes a gimick, something to talk about!

*I bring this up because when I was new I went a little crazy on indulging in certain areas because dammit I'm a Satanist and therefore entitled to indulge. Currently there are times where I let myself do exactly what I wish, and others when I realize that certain behaviors need to be limited in order to achieve my overall goals.*

I love this about Satanism, l love Anton LaVey's 'Seven Deadly Sins' chapter in TSB. If we indulge with food we are being a glutton but then our pride will kick in and we will want to make sure we stay healthy. I am glad that l can indulge in everyone of christianities deadly sins, it truly makes life soooo pleasurable.

Happy indulging devilchili
Hail Satan!
Midnight

#407668 - 01/05/10 06:52 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Skjalandir]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: Skjalandir
... and it almost always involves a stick or a bucket.

grin grin grin

Christ-on-fire, your cow tales crack me up. I've now got this weird concoction of The Far Side and the Mission Impossible theme swirling around in my head. If these "morning moos" stories end up in my dreams I'm blaming you. grin coopdevil
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#407695 - 01/05/10 11:40 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Pablovilla]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Point well taken. Also anything that is advertized on any stations are ment for mass market are for the herd. One such thing is new years resolutions, and like you plainly stated the fat cow watching TV munching donuts.

I've always understood that the Babylonians were the first folk to partake in the New Year's Resolution. Not sure how much advertising they had back then. Also, don't get me started on fat ranting. Surely you're not one of those people so heavily influenced by the media that you think that everyone has to be trim, svelte and 'pretty' are you? Finally, what's wrong with TV? There's a lot of useful programming on television. Certainly there are the dregs, and most of it is prime time, but I could make the argument that the NY Times best seller list really isn't much better with regard to message/content than your average TV show.

Besides, all of that 'programming' keeps the idiots busy and out of my way.

#407777 - 01/05/10 10:17 PM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Fnord]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Originally Posted By: Fnord

I've always understood that the Babylonians were the first folk to partake in the New Year's Resolution. Not sure how much advertising they had back then. Also, don't get me started on fat ranting. Surely you're not one of those people so heavily influenced by the media that you think that everyone has to be trim, svelte and 'pretty' are you? Finally, what's wrong with TV? There's a lot of useful programming on television. Certainly there are the dregs, and most of it is prime time, but I could make the argument that the NY Times best seller list really isn't much better with regard to message/content than your average TV show.

Besides, all of that 'programming' keeps the idiots busy and out of my way.

Actually being too thin is just as bad as too fat. Both are scary to see, bad for health, and not attractive. I will say that there are no women in any issue of Playboy that I would see as overweight.

As a matter of fact I have heard that the reason that many of the women that are models are so slim is so that they will look more like young boys to some of the producers and promoters of various shows and events that enjoy young boys. I personally do not know how much truth that there is to this, but I heard it from a friend that lives not far from Hollywood, and keeps up on all the gossip and usually knows about stuff before it makes it into the papers.

Also you are probably aware that the new year is different for different cultures. Such as the Chinese, Pagans, Christians, Jewish, etc.

#407820 - 01/06/10 10:33 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Pablovilla]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas

Actually being too thin is just as bad as too fat. Both are scary to see, bad for health, and not attractive. I will say that there are no women in any issue of Playboy that I would see as overweight.

Not to be too contrary or argumentative, but it's been my experience that the 'ideal body type' (as pimped across all facets of herd media) is a matter of concern for the masses. One can certainly be in perfect health while carrying some more or less body weight than what the herd are trained to strive for. Certainly beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Since I tend to be kith and kin with those who are blatant hedonists, body composition is secondary to philosophy to me.

Of course I'm not suggesting that you're wrong in your assessments... just wrong, perhaps, in the way that you blanket your statements with regard to weight. For example, 'too fat' or 'too thin' are not scary at all to some folks... myself included.

Also you are probably aware that the new year is different for different cultures. Such as the Chinese, Pagans, Christians, Jewish, etc.

Of course. Just as I'm aware that if one were to trace down the branches of any tradition a common root can most likely be found... as is the case here.

Edited by Fnord (01/06/10 10:34 AM)

#408071 - 01/08/10 07:29 PM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Skjalandir]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Who ever heard of a Satanist setting an aim, not achieving it and then disappointing themselve?s? What kind of Satanists are you?

I agree that Satanists, due to their rather realistic nature, due to them having strong will-power, due to their talents, etc, that they are less likely to fail to achieve an aim than your avarage believer, less likely... But to say that a 'real' Satanist, or whatever you're implying, would never fail to achieve an aim, would be expecting them to possessan omnipotent power, that say a x-tian god is portrayed to have and that would be solipsism.

The Satanist isn't any less of a Satanist, any less his own god, if he is for instance in a race where his aim is to cross finish line first, but fails because he gets a flat tire and is delayed by having to change it.

Satanists are indeed less likely to fail achieving an aim, but they are not always free from failing and I am pretty sure that if they did one day fail to achieve an aim, that they would then too, be quite disappointed, perhaps even more than your avarage believer.

#408135 - 01/09/10 08:16 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: SINClair]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: SINClair

The Satanist isn't any less of a Satanist, any less his own god, if he is for instance in a race where his aim is to cross finish line first, but fails because he gets a flat tire and is delayed by having to change it.

Satanists are indeed less likely to fail achieving an aim, but they are not always free from failing and I am pretty sure that if they did one day fail to achieve an aim, that they would then too, be quite disappointed, perhaps even more than your average believer.

I think this is probably the case, but I aslo think that the Satanist will look to find out what went wrong, instead of claiming that the stars aren't aligned or the gods are malign, to paraphrase Rush smile

In your example I would think that the Satanist would try to find out why the tire was flat and what can be done to prevent something similar next time. The Satanist may also spread disinformation about the cause of the flat tire to make competitors draw wrong conclusions and assumptions about how the next race is going to be coopdevil

#408136 - 01/09/10 08:17 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: SINClair]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
I think that Skjalandir’s point was that for someone to avoid setting goals, so that they don’t disappoint themselves, is not a very Satanic thing to do.

There’s a different connotation between the ideas of “being disappointed” and “disappointing yourself”.

#408139 - 01/09/10 09:14 AM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: John Prophet]
Maupassant's Offline

Very true, there is a distinction between those two "disappointments," but a strong-willed person probably won't disappoint himself because he knows he did everything that could have been done.

I guess that such a person also wouldn't waste any time on being disappointed because of external conditions that got in the way of completing certain goals; They'd just get over it and try again, better prepared.

#408157 - 01/09/10 01:29 PM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Maupassant's]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Good first post Maupassant's

#408163 - 01/09/10 02:51 PM Re: Bye Bye Noughties! [Re: Skjalandir]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
What kind of Satanists are you?

I am the cute and cuddly kind. smile

I call myself "Buddy Satan".

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >