Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#407688 - 01/05/10 11:11 AM Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Now first off, if there is an essay on rituals suggesting which rituals work for which situations by someone with far more wisdom and life experience, then I would appreciate being directed towards it. I am aware it is up to the individual to apply which ritual they think work, but maybe I am missing something.

The scenario I have been thinking of is this:

A parent, sibling, life partner, close friend, etc. gets a drug addiction.

Automatically the first thing that happens is you report to the authorities that they have possession of illegal substances, and any other information on illegal activity that you discover. That is a given.

After this you are left with a lot of emotions and you need to exorcise these out of your system, and I have come to the conclusion that the proper action here is a destruction ritual. But how many people would do this towards their mother?

My own personal reason for a destruction ritual would be the person you care about and love’s disregard for your feelings by doing something so harmful. They have made it impossible for you not to go to the police by a lack of secrecy and they have destroyed the years you have spent together with a dumb retarded act. So I would personally be full of anger and contempt at that person. For me, I see it as being the equivalent of pulling up to a deer that has been hit by a car, brain dead and blinking at the sky, and putting it out of its misery. Drug abuse is on par with this. So I would use a destruction ritual as a final kick on their way down into depravation.

But it has also crossed my mind about a compassion ritual to ‘help’ them, but does anyone actually think it is worth saving a drug-abuser, even if it happens to someone so close to you? Or is it best to put down a dying dog?
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#407690 - 01/05/10 11:25 AM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

This sort of question is not one that can be answered with a firm "either or".

The decision rests upon the person conducting the ritual. All the factors known, the relationship, the events leading to this, everything, will lead to the personal conclusion of what should be the focus and intent of the ritual.

And a ritual could also be one designed to assist you in handling this. wink

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#407700 - 01/05/10 12:38 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
fire_vixen Offline

"For me, I see it as being the equivalent of pulling up to a deer that has been hit by a car, brain dead and blinking at the sky, and putting it out of its misery."

It is exactly the same thing- the deer that is in pain and has seconds to live and a drug abuser. If there were clinics to help drug abusers then it would be different, but everyone knows there is no such thing.

"But it has also crossed my mind about a compassion ritual to ‘help’ them, but does anyone actually think it is worth saving a drug-abuser, even if it happens to someone so close to you?"

Of course it's not worth saving a drug abuser. They really are the lowest of the scum, ranking below child molesters, and animal killers.
And it doesn't matter if they are close to you or not. Forget your relationship with the person, forget whatever good they have done to you, forget whatever brought them to the point of drug abuse, forget all the context. All drug abusers should die, it's as simple as that.

Edited by fire_vixen (01/05/10 12:40 PM)
Edit Reason: being sarcastic in case not obvious

#407710 - 01/05/10 02:53 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Ritual? Why not just have the person enroll in some drug program where they can get help to kick the habit? That would be the first thing I'd do. I would only report them to the police if the person stole something very valuable or caused major harm to me or him/herself.

But on the other hand, you can't help people who don't want to help themselves. If the person doesn't want to change then fuck em' and move on.

#407711 - 01/05/10 03:05 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Maybe, besides solving the emotions inside of you, you could try to help solve the emotions also inside of her and take some actions, before throwing her aside.

There are usually more possibilities, how to proceed in solving problem, and I think it's always better to start with the ones which can solve things in more peaceful and effective way, if it still has sense (here for you, and for her). If you like(d) your mother and want her "old" self back, with positive attitude (finding ways to get her out of her addiction - docs, centres...) you can help her; with negative attitude you'll kick her deeper into that dirt she's in.

Consider, if after years you spent together, you feel it's right to help her, or it's right to kick her.

#407713 - 01/05/10 03:30 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Skjalandir

After this you are left with a lot of emotions and you need to exorcise these out of your system, and I have come to the conclusion that the proper action here is a destruction ritual. But how many people would do this towards their mother?

As the son of a long dead alcoholic mother I've some idea where you may be coming from - but I'm not you, and I don't have the particulars of your situations.

I would say that it is probably quite healthy for you to have strong emotions in regard to this. Trying to repress them is in my experience not a good way to go.

But be aware that strong emotions and lashing out in anger may also cause some damage and unwanted emotional issues.

If it is a person that close as a mother or sibling, then I would doubt that the problem could be handled with one ritual alone. But I have no experience in this so others may be able to give more accurate information.

#407718 - 01/05/10 04:17 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Phineas]
Skjalandir Offline

Very wise Magister Phineas, thank you for the response. I think this was the answer I had anticipated.
- Ian Dury

#407719 - 01/05/10 04:19 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You are quite welcome.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#407721 - 01/05/10 04:24 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Callier]
Skjalandir Offline

Originally Posted By: Callier
Why not just have the person enroll in some drug program where they can get help to kick the habit? That would be the first thing I'd do.

Indeed it would be an option, but not something that would work for me as my view on a person taking drugs may differ from yours, but that is not to say you are wrong. I appreciate you saying that is what YOU would do and not telling me what I should do.

I would only report them to the police if the person stole something very valuable or caused major harm to me or him/herself.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to find it, but I have a feeling it is against the law not to report a witnessed crime. If anyone with a sound knowledge of law could back up or prove this wrong it would be most welcome. If I am wrong I apologise, but in my scenario I had written it on the assumption not to report it would be illegal.

But on the other hand, you can't help people who don't want to help themselves. If the person doesn't want to change then fuck em' and move on.

Indeed, but if the person is so close then there is a strong chance it will linger in your mind, in which case a ritual to rid yourself of over-thinking would be in order.

Edited by Skjalandir (01/05/10 04:26 PM)
Edit Reason: Error
- Ian Dury

#407725 - 01/05/10 04:42 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Spelled Moon]
Skjalandir Offline

Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon
There are usually more possibilities, how to proceed in solving problem, and I think it's always better to start with the ones which can solve things in more peaceful and effective way, if it still has sense (here for you, and for her).

The last part of this sentence is the point I think I had come to in my original thinking, in that things were beyond repair. Please excuse me for not being clear in the original post. Making a detailed thread and discussing it is a jump in the deep end for me.

Everything you have said is quite right though. Your final sentence reflects the other responses and leaves the whole thing open ended, which is the lesson I have taken from this thread...

Originally Posted By: Spelled Moon
Consider, if after years you spent together, you feel it's right to help her, or it's right to kick her.

The way I take this is although the first option may feel natural to one who has a strong sense of compassion, it may feel unnatural to another, thus rendering the approach ineffective.
- Ian Dury

#407729 - 01/05/10 04:54 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: verszou]
Skjalandir Offline

Originally Posted By: Versouz
As the son of a long dead alcoholic mother I've some idea where you may be coming from - but I'm not you, and I don't have the particulars of your situations.

I would say that it is probably quite healthy for you to have strong emotions in regard to this. Trying to repress them is in my experience not a good way to go.

But be aware that strong emotions and lashing out in anger may also cause some damage and unwanted emotional issues.

I agree wholeheartedly. I now see the answer is not an out-and-out destruction ritual but one designed for the situation that allows the Satanist complete freedom from the situation. It would have to be specially crafted and extremely personalised.

I think Magister Phineas hit a hole in one on this.

Originally Posted By: Phineas
... a ritual could also be one designed to assist you in handling this.
- Ian Dury

#407732 - 01/05/10 05:12 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: fire_vixen]
Skjalandir Offline

I had to reply to your response last as I had a bit of a job working it all out until I realised it was an out-and-out discredit to my thread.

Originally Posted By: fire_vixen
It is exactly the same thing- the deer that is in pain and has seconds to live and a drug abuser. If there were clinics to help drug abusers then it would be different, but everyone knows there is no such thing.

The point you missed here was me explaining from a personal standpoint that I see drug-addiction as a death sentence to the person. That is not to say another person cannot see rehab as a possible solution. I am of the opinion that neither are wrong, but there are a thousand factors that bring me to how I think and what someone else thinks. It is not black and white.

Originally Posted By: fire_vixen
Of course it's not worth saving a drug abuser. They really are the lowest of the scum, ranking below child molesters, and animal killers.
And it doesn't matter if they are close to you or not. Forget your relationship with the person, forget whatever good they have done to you, forget whatever brought them to the point of drug abuse, forget all the context. All drug abusers should die, it's as simple as that.

I am pretty sure this is sarcasm, as you are ranking things worse than drug abuse above it, etc. Or are you saying you would not react as negatively to someone close to you being a paedophile or a person who kills animals for fun?

Please can you respond to my thread with your opinions written in a polite debating mannor instead of it being a wall of sarcasm?

Edited by Skjalandir (01/05/10 05:13 PM)
Edit Reason: Error
- Ian Dury

#407733 - 01/05/10 05:29 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
Lust Offline

This post reminds me of a scene from the movie Chopper.

Just after Chopper stabs another inmate several times ensuring death as a result, he then becomes emotional; offering a smoke and showing a mischievous remorse for his action.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#407739 - 01/05/10 05:41 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Callier]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky

Speaking from experience in this field,this is exactly correct.

ANY type of addiction (I don't care if it is licking bicycle seats)that will be ended,will only be done so if the addict WANTS to quit.Smoking cigarettes is a basic example.

#407745 - 01/05/10 06:21 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Skjalandir

but in my scenario I had written it on the assumption not to report it would be illegal.

If I was actually living with the person doing the drugs then I'd report it for the prevention of every adult in the household being accountable. Either that or I'd move out asap, depending on who the person is, the importance of the relationship and living situation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements