Topic Options
#385408 - 06/21/09 01:18 PM Baphomet Altar Plaques: Retiring Soon!
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Alabama
This autumn I will stop making the 18" and 36" hand-painted Sigil of Baphomet Altar Plaques currently available at the CoS Emporium. An official "final" date is in mind, but this retirement won't be announced to the rest of the world (via the CoS News page, MySpace, etc.) until the final date is finalized. But know that it will be early to mid autumn.

I'm announcing this here first and letting LttD Users privy to this information for a reason. It was here that I first showed off the Baphomet Altarpiece that I had made for my personal Altar. From that interest grew and the notion of selling them via the CoS Emporium was born and brought to fruition. In other words, without Letters to the Devil they would have never been available.

The reasons for the retirement are simple enough; chief among them being that they take a great deal of time and energy to create and I've reached a period in my life when I would simply rather put that time and energy toward other personal projects and endeavors.

I hope that I'm announcing this early enough that it will allow time for saving up for one, as I realize they are not cheap. Or, if you've simply been procrastinating, this is fair warning that time is limited.

The orders will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis, as always. However, I am anticipating a higher volume of orders with this announcement, so your patience is mandatory. These require quality over speed, and I'm confident that the extra time spent waiting for your Plaque will easily vanish with the decades of aesthetic beauty and use your Baphomet Altarpiece can promise. But of course the sooner you order, the less time you'll have to wait.

For those unfamiliar with The Sigil of Baphomet Altar Plaques: They are available on either 18" or 36" diameter wooden plaques. They are completely and meticulously hand-painted. They are endorsed by the Church of Satan, using the officially Trademarked Church of Satan Sigil of Baphomet and Royalties are happily paid for this privilege. They arrive to you ready to hang.

Stay tuned to this Thread for updates as they become available.

Order Yours at the CoS Emporium Soon!

Image: "Bianca's Baphomet" 2009 Daniel Byrd

CoffinRust.com | On Facebook | On Undercroft | The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography

The Church of Satan Baphomet Altarpiece
The ONLY Altarpiece endorsed by the Church of Satan, using the Trademarked CoS Sigil of Baphomet.
A percentage from each piece sold is proudly paid directly to the organization for this privilege.
Do not accept imitations!

#393185 - 08/29/09 10:20 AM Re: Baphomet Altar Plaques: Retiring Soon! [Re: CoffinRust]
mb_goatis Offline

Loc: Dallas area, TX
Oh that is a shame! I have been wanting one of these beauties since you first released them. I recently moved off to college so money is very scarce; which means I most likely won't be able to purchase one. Good luck with your new prosonal projects though! I wish you the best of luck. I suppose in a few years if you get bored and need some extra cash you could always start your amazing wall plaque business up agian! Good luck!

#396133 - 09/27/09 09:48 AM 12/31/09 [Re: CoffinRust]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

I've decided on a retirement date of December 31st, 2009 for the Sigil of Baphomet Altarpieces. You may note that in the original announcement I mentioned the date being in early to mid autumn, but under certain circumstances taking them to the end of the year makes more sense. Since Magister Ventrue runs the CoS Emporium this date is subject to change depending on his schedule - and we all know he's a very busy man.

So as of this announcement, you have three full months to get your order in if you haven't already.

As anticipated, the orders have increased and have been steadily coming in since the original announcement. There have been some expected delays but things are progressing smoothly and if you've been awaiting your plaque, rest assured it is getting the attention it deserves.

Remember, quality is key, and I'm just one person with a full-time job, numerous responsibilities and other projects (including the fifth-annual CoffinRust Halloween prints...). So your patience is essential, but it will be rewarded.

But the longer you wait, the longer you'll have to wait.

CoffinRust.com | On Facebook | On Undercroft | The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography

The ONLY Altarpiece endorsed by the Church of Satan, using the Trademarked CoS Sigil of Baphomet.
A percentage from each piece sold is proudly paid directly to the organization for this privilege.

#396233 - 09/27/09 11:49 PM Re: 12/31/09 [Re: CoffinRust]
nighteyes Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
This is good to know and I do want to purchase one but I have sent a message on the emporium web site about the payment plan [installments] but I have got no message back on this matter is it because this form of payment is no longer available?

#396301 - 09/28/09 04:43 PM Re: 12/31/09 [Re: nighteyes]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

Thanks for your interest; I can't speak for Magister Ventrue, who handles things on that end, but I can recommend just saving it piecemeal on your own and paying in full when you're ready to order. It can add up pretty quickly, and ultimately there wouldn't be any difference from using the installment plan.

#396327 - 09/28/09 08:20 PM Re: 12/31/09 [Re: CoffinRust]
nighteyes Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Yes I can and will do it this way and iam very happy that I have 3 months to do it thank you coffinrust

Edited by nighteyes (09/28/09 08:24 PM)

#408031 - 01/08/10 11:34 AM UPDATE [Re: CoffinRust]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

An update on current orders: All orders through October have been completed and shipped. There are a few mail-in orders that I know of but haven't received yet from the Emporium, but I'm diligently working on known November and December orders.

Also, I've received several emails asking why the CoS Emporium was closed during the final stretch before the Sigil of Baphomet Altar Plaque's retirement date. Obviously there were good reasons, although I am not privy to the inner-workings of the CoS Emporium. Magister Ventrue juggles more projects at one time than most people will ever attempt in a lifetime, and since we all benefit greatly from his work the least we can do is have patience.

So although the Sigil of Baphomet Altar Plaques have officially retired from the CoS Emporium, due to the inquiries from valued customers who were unable to order one I will personally continue taking orders for them for a short period of time. Payment plans are available and although this extended time is very limited (although as yet undetermined), as long as the first payment is paid prior to the cut-off your order is valid. Contact me at dbyrd@coffinrust.com (please title your email "BAPHOMET") and we'll discuss it.

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406356 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements