Topic Options
#408046 - 01/08/10 03:19 PM Activation questions
matrix89 Offline

Hello everybody!! My name's Robert, and i'm writing you from Boston.
I just sent out my compiled application form but, i still have 2 questions about the activation process.

1)You clearly stated that CoS affiliation isn't something as a lonely hearts club, or a place to socialize for the lonely wolf. And i absolutely agree with that. My only question is: do you make some sort of preferences or refuse to activate people that are not yet socially integrated, but are interested to learn and practice more?? Everyone's welcome?

2)You also stated that there will be rituals held in house of members. I just wanted to know: if someone lives for example too far away, and there are absolutely no members of the CoS in the local area, how can someone attempt rituals?

Thanks for the answers!

#408047 - 01/08/10 03:29 PM Re: Activation questions [Re: matrix89]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Members within the CoS form their own friendships and associations - both social and professional. It's as simple as that. Whether one wishes to travel or not is a matter of personal choice.

>> do you make some sort of preferences or refuse to activate people that are not yet socially integrated <<

What do you mean by not yet socially integrated? Are you referring to individuals who are in prison?

Providing an individual is a law abiding citizen of the country they reside in they may apply to join the CoS. Everyone is welcome, yes. Whether they remain a member is down to their behaviour. Breaking the law, for instance, would be grounds for expulsion.

#408048 - 01/08/10 03:45 PM Re: Activation questions [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
matrix89 Offline

Thanks Rev wink
By not yet socially integrated, i meant for ex. people that for certain personal problems, still don't have a job and have problems in social communication with others. I know already the policy that says "members can decide whether to have contact with others or not", i just wanted to be more sure about that.
And of course, i don't have any criminal thoughts in my head. Just want to learn and practice more of Lavey's philosphy, that's my only goal.

#408053 - 01/08/10 04:00 PM Re: Activation questions [Re: matrix89]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> By not yet socially integrated, i meant for ex. people that for certain personal problems, still don't have a job and have problems in social communication with others. <<

Satanists are not perfect. Satanists all have their own personal and unique challenges in life that we must face.

To address such matters I always like to quote Charles Bukowski:

"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire."

wink

#408056 - 01/08/10 04:20 PM Re: Activation questions [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
matrix89 Offline

Thanks again very much, Rev wink
Coming from a high-Catholic conservative family, sometimes that fear of being so-pure and so-perfect comes into play. Although, i always qualified perfectionism as a shadow of all the FREE destructive illusions of the mind. One thing that steer me away from believing in everything i was told to believe, was to apply and recognize immediately the unseen in people's characters, and in everything else that seemed so-perfect, in front of my eyes. But that's thanks to the lesson learned from the "Bible" and believe me when i say that that lesson, has steered me away from so many troubles, including big troubles.
Anyway, i'm so excited that after waiting to turn out adult, and wait almost another additional 2 years, i finally made the right decision.

#408060 - 01/08/10 04:49 PM Re: Activation questions [Re: matrix89]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Hello Robert,

Originally Posted By: matrix89
1)You clearly stated that CoS affiliation isn't something as a lonely hearts club, or a place to socialize for the lonely wolf. And i absolutely agree with that. My only question is: do you make some sort of preferences or refuse to activate people that are not yet socially integrated, but are interested to learn and practice more?? Everyone's welcome?

The Church of Satan simply makes no social demands on its members. Some members, including myself, have certainly met many other members over the years, made a good number of friends, performed lots of group rituals, have done a lot of projects together, etc. But then there are some other members who have gone through their whole lives without ever meeting another member, and perhaps don't even have the desire to do so. Both types are getting what they want out of the COS, so level of social interaction is simply not an issue.

I would say that the statement that the COS is not "a lonely hearts club, or a place to socialize for the lonely wolf" is more of a disclaimer to say that being a member is no guarantee that you'll meet and socialize with other members.

Quote:
2)You also stated that there will be rituals held in house of members. I just wanted to know: if someone lives for example too far away, and there are absolutely no members of the CoS in the local area, how can someone attempt rituals?

As The Satanic Bible states, solitary rituals are always possible. After reading and comprehending it, especially the Book of Belial section, you should have an idea how to conduct a ritual. It doesn't have to be perfect (no ritual ever is), and you may have to cut corners at first when it comes to the altar props, but it's certainly doable. You can conduct a simple ritual with just a few black candles and a Sigil of Baphomet print-out tacked on the wall.

Group rituals however serve their own purpose and have a different empowerment than solitary rituals. They're well worth doing, if you can find the right people and setting. But keep in mind that even if there are COS members in your area, there's no guarantee that getting together for group ritual would be desired by all parties, or even productive.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#408225 - 01/09/10 10:36 PM Re: Activation questions [Re: matrix89]
matrix89 Offline

Thanks to all the kind replies wink
Last question (this is for my Australian cousin) : he wants to join in too, but he cannot pay through Paypal. Can he send $200 US funds along the Registration and Activation modules?
Or for International members, only Paypal is allowed?

#408227 - 01/09/10 10:45 PM Re: Activation questions [Re: matrix89]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Yes, US funds are accepted via mail. Just make sure they are sent in a form that is negotiable in the US.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#408230 - 01/09/10 11:18 PM Re: Activation questions [Re: Phineas]
matrix89 Offline

Thanks Mag. Phineas wink

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43650 Topics
404220 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements