Topic Options
#408213 - 01/09/10 10:01 PM Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual.
misguidedyouth Offline
Underage

ok so im new to this as you may have seen in my other post,but i have done one ritual,whereas i speak :"i am ready oh dark lord,i sense your strength within me and wish to honor you in my life.i am one of the devils own.hail satan! followed by 'so it is done'.and i was wondering,satanists dont believe in the being Satan but in his per se,'spirit', being in everyone,existing as carnal desire and so called'sin'.right?but in TSB it has rituals(group or alone) for the destruction of youre enemies,requests for lust,and compassion rituals.so if they dont believe in him (per se) who are we..i guess you could say..speaking too?

#408217 - 01/09/10 10:12 PM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: misguidedyouth]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Sir, we are speaking to not a single person or spirit. When we perform rituals, we are doing so as a theatrical play if you will.

Let's just put it this way;

I can listen to music, do some jabs on a punching bag, scream and shout, cry, or even have sexual events with others or myself in my ritual chamber.

All of that could be considered as a Satanic Ritual.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#408218 - 01/09/10 10:14 PM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: misguidedyouth]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

#408219 - 01/09/10 10:17 PM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: misguidedyouth]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Please read, or read again, The Satanic Bible. All of it.

Pay close attention to The Book of Belial.

Immerse yourself in all the essays found at the Church of Satan website.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#408221 - 01/09/10 10:23 PM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: Phineas]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
To us “Satan” is a symbol rather than an anthropomorphic being, although many members of the Church of Satan who are mystically inclined prefer to think of Satan in a very real, anthropomorphic way.

This is where I say that regardless one likes to view Satan as an anthropomorphic being, it all goes to one single fact.

We don't worship or get down on our knees. It also states in the Satanic Bible that we must put ourselves in league with the devil. That means not to be inferior or superior but equal to.

Take this statement into consideration Misquidedyouth.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#408222 - 01/09/10 10:24 PM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: Phineas]
misguidedyouth Offline
Underage

thank you everyone,i meant in no way any disrespect,i lack a basic understanding.thank you.

#408233 - 01/09/10 11:52 PM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: misguidedyouth]
SteelAndStone Offline

Loc: California
Misguidedyouth, I had some difficulty myself with this and other aspects of Greater Magic. I do not consider myself to be an "expert" on magic, but I'd like to share something that helped me. Just keep in mind that this is NOT anything you couldn't figure out for yourself by reading and practicing Anton LaVey's teachings--at most, this is looking at things from a slightly different angle.

When you watch a movie (we'll use Star Wars as an example), you engage in a process called suspension of disbelief. For the purpose of the story, you accept certain premises that aren't true in the real world: for instance, that there is a Force, this Force has a light side and a dark side, people called Jedi utilize the "good" side of the force, these Jedi wield weapons called lightsabers, and so on. You know this isn't the case in the real world, but for the sake of enjoying the story, you temporarily accept a premise that you know to be false (suspending your disbelief).

Ritual is similar, in a way. You know, rationally, that there is no literal Satan, any more than there is a literal God. If you were to walk down the street reciting the Invocation to Satan and attempting to summon devils by calling out the Infernal Names, you would receive (and deserve) some rather strange looks. But in the privacy of the ritual chamber, one can set aside the rational knowledge that there is no Satan in order to engage in ritual, and thus release whatever pent-up emotion needs release.

Originally Posted By: LordOfDarkness
Sir, we are speaking to not a single person or spirit. When we perform rituals, we are doing so as a theatrical play if you will.

Let's just put it this way;

I can listen to music, do some jabs on a punching bag, scream and shout, cry, or even have sexual events with others or myself in my ritual chamber.

All of that could be considered as a Satanic Ritual.

LordOfDarkness is absolutely correct. Take, for instance, attacking a punching bag. If he were to imagine, as he struck, the face of an individual on the surface beneath his fist, he would symbolically be punching this individual. Thus, by focusing his will, he could lay a curse upon the individual, simply by imagining that he is beating up his intended victim as he pummels the punching bag. THIS--the fantasy--is the heart of ritual. All of the other stuff is mumbo-jumbo, meant to help you set aside your intellect so that you can focus on the fantasy. Rationally, we know that punching a bag will not harm anyone else, regardless of what we may be thinking about. The purpose of the candles, the invocations, and things like that are to get you "in the mood" and prime your imagination. The FANTASY is the ritual--the Baphomets and things are just props.

Hope this helps. Like I said, I had a similar problem reconciling rationality and magic--when I finally realized what Anton LaVey was talking about, I laughed, because I have been doing "rituals" in one form or another since childhood.

The Book of Steel and Stone

#408236 - 01/10/10 12:20 AM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: SteelAndStone]
misguidedyouth Offline
Underage

wow thank you so much steelandstone,so if i wish to grant someone great achievments or good luck or curse someone to die,i dont have to go by what TSB says?(burning requests in candles,using relics,etc)

#408237 - 01/10/10 12:25 AM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: misguidedyouth]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Really, I would be very cautious of the advice you are willing to take at this point in your research. Be especially careful NOT to disregard what Magister Phineas suggested. You will not be able to further grasp what these people are saying to you unless you have the ground work in place, and therefore, you will not be able to discern what they had right, and wrong, and in what context.

If you go fishing, it's a lot easier to fix a hook onto a rod first instead of simply diving into the dip and trying to grab a fish with your hands.

Edited by TheDegenerate (01/10/10 12:25 AM)

#408239 - 01/10/10 12:51 AM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: TheDegenerate]
misguidedyouth Offline
Underage

so much wisdom..now i know why Satanism is regarded as the enlightened religion.remarkable..

#408246 - 01/10/10 02:10 AM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: misguidedyouth]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

I agree with TheDegenerate on his reply to you.

To answer your question further about choosing ways to perform rituals as described in the Satanic Bible, it is highly recommended to read the rituals first before anything.

You have to understand the "blueprints" before building your own "structure" metaphorically speaking.

It isn't required to have a set way that was created by someone else unless that way also effects you emotionally.

The objective in the ritual is to make you feel good if not better regardless of the ritual's purpose.

That also includes the entire structure of the ritual fitting your personal and unique creativity.

Again however, it is highly recommended to study the basics in The Satanic Bible!

#408250 - 01/10/10 03:38 AM Re: Inquiry regarding Satanic ritual. [Re: misguidedyouth]
TheAbysmal Offline

Who, indeed.

Examine lust, and do so without regard of the ritual chamber. No crystal balls, incense, altars, or such accouterments. In this ritual, you shall be in the bathroom and bedroom, or dressing room, and your accouterments will be soap, perfume or cologne, toothbrush and toothpaste, brush or comb, and the perfect outfit you will wear for the date you will go on later that evening. Your particular routine, or ritual, is likely different than mine, as would likely be what you use in the shower, or what you wear for the evening to come.

Of course, you want to make sure you look and smell good, good being a not too precisely defined target here. Maybe you brush and comb your hair perfectly, maybe you just towel it off and tousle it a bit. Maybe you like your shirt tucked, maybe you like it untucked. Whatever.

Who are you really trying to please here?

Any particular piece of your dress or practice of your hygiene and grooming may or may not help entice your date to reciprocate in your lustful desires. Without any prior knowledge of your date's likes or dislikes, that much of your effort really is a crap shoot. With prior knowledge, you can tune into that aspect more effectively, and this is covered in Anton LaVey's "The Satanic Witch". Still, even that extra edge, as with the whole bath and dress ritual, I think, only serves a far more important goal.

You need to be confident that you can attract the object of your lust. You see lust as an exchange, that you must also make yourself an object of lust, and so you tailor your ritual to build confidence in that vein. Maybe showering and dressing in nice clothes makes you feel sexy. Maybe you just turn your shirt inside out, and that is all it takes for you. But, whatever your ritual is, it does more for your confidence that it will work than anything else.

Notwithstanding my suggestion, it is difficult to answer with any certainty to whom you are speaking in the ritual you have described. You might find it useful to not only read the Satanic Bible as Magister Phineas suggested, but the Holy Bible, too.

Satan, according to the Holy Bible, is as much depicted the Accuser, Adversary, Deceiver, Liar, Tempter, and more as he is representative of all the so-called sins we find so gratifying. Think about that for a moment, and consider if he really was an external, anthropomorphic deity. In a puff of smoke in your ritual chamber, he appears, pulls out a Bible, taps on a choice passage about himself, and says, "Yep. That's me. I am Satan. Now, what was it that you wanted?"

I would suggest that this external, anthropomorphic Satan you have just conjured has no interest in you or your desires. All through the Bible, troubled though it is, it is quite apparent that Satan was interested in his own desires. He exalted himself above God and vied for that spot throughout.

The fact is... No, that is not quite right. I meant to say, judging how the story goes, Satan was a pain in man's ass from day one to read of him. God, it turns out, was not much better. After all, God made Satan.

But, if you thought of yourself as Satan, you could call yourself God, exalt yourself above Him... Woo wee!

How does that sound?

P.S., If you would not mind putting a little effort in capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and some indentation, I think it would go a long way for you and everyone who reads your posts. It makes a dramatic difference. Just a suggestion. smile

Refuse to die.

Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404438 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements