Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#408397 - 01/11/10 02:17 PM Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Indiana, USA
As some of you may have read the following on The Church of Satan NEWS section:
Warlock Corvis Nocturnum guest expert on A&E January 5th.

However, this interview was shortened and placed on the DVD extras and a portion placed online and not aired. I discussed this with the coproducer and was told it was for time sake and my benefit to NOT be mistakenly associated with the Devil worshipper on the show. Although disgruntled over the fact the show was not balanced in its portrayal of Satanism, and that my Baphomet plaque and cane art (by myself and Warlock Leach) was used on air I was not given thanks for my work nor adviceat the final thanks section of the credits. However, I did recieve a personal thank you from memebers of the investigation team and on PNR Forum educated people at length on the realities of true Satanism. Mention was made of my being a consultant for information in the future as well.

The link for my clip is:
http://www.aetv.com/paranormal-state/vid...tid=60594250001

PARANORMAL STATE 4
Episode 4.7: “Satan's Soldier”
Tuesday, Jan. 5th, 10:30pm EST/9pm C
SPECIAL TWO-EPISODES BACK-TO-BACK

WHAT A&E SAYS:
Mark and Kim cannot sleep through all the racket caused by unseen forces in their central Indiana home. When PRS discovers what appears to be blood in the basement, they investigate a history of violence in the home. But things aren’t what they seem as they dig deeper into the client’s personal history. Psychic/Medium Michelle Belanger helps Ryan piece together the puzzle.

WHAT PRS SAYS:
We had an amazing time trying to track down the negative history that surrounds Fort Wayne. Along the way, we learned that the city has had some of the most gruesome cases of legitimate devil worship and practice within the area.

Warlock Corvis Nocturnum
Author of: Embracing the Darkness; Understanding Dark Subcultures, and most recently, Allure Of The Vampire; Our Sexual Attraction To The Undead.

"It has been said, 'the truth will make men free.' The truth alone has never made anyone free. It is only doubt which will bring mental emancipation." ~ Magus Anton Sandor LaVey

#408400 - 01/11/10 03:38 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
However, this interview was shortened and placed on the DVD extras and a portion placed online and not aired.

Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
I discussed this with the coproducer and was told it was for time sake and my benefit to NOT be mistakenly associated with the Devil worshipper on the show.

Sure it was.

Well, thanks for giving it a go anyway.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#408401 - 01/11/10 03:43 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
Thanks for the link Warlock Nocturnum. I'm usually not a fan of Paranormal State due to their Judeo-Christian view of the "supernatural," but I very much enjoyed your clip.

I especially liked the part where the host pointed out that many Devil Worshipers are unaware of the fact that they are not Satanists.

For you to get that point across to him, even though he is clearly a fan of the "invisible demonic forces" view of things clearly shows your skill and ability to explain on a level even those of a completely different viewpoint can understand.

It’s unfortunate your clip wasn't placed on air, but from what I've gathered, the "Satanist grave robber" in the episode who was being haunted sounded kind of like a wack job anyway, so it might be best that you where not placed in league with him.

You've given me a reason to keep an eye on Paranormal State and I'll watch for your appearances in the future.

#408404 - 01/11/10 04:41 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: Iscariot]
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

Thank you sir.

I do not know how often I'll be asked to assist, thus far outside of the show it has been book recommendations, and to post our views on their forum to provide better insight. And I'm gaining friends who never thought there even was a difference.

You are right in your speculation and slow support over a period of time is much perferable. I would rather be the next repeat guest there or on other shows than be thought of for a second as Mr. Necromancer.

HS

"It has been said, 'the truth will make men free.' The truth alone has never made anyone free. It is only doubt which will bring mental emancipation." ~ Magus Anton Sandor LaVey

#408405 - 01/11/10 04:52 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: MagisterRose]
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

Magister,

Thank you for your support sir.

To be perfectly honest it wasn't a shock to be left on the cutting room floor. I knew the primary people involved were Catholic to begin with and made it as far as I did in being selected because of a few friends on the inside who are pushing for other faiths to be shown.

However I am not totally overlooking the obvious benefit for my career as other producers in media may happen to see it. More exposure for my expertise makes my book sales increase and that was part of my goal.

I share your cynical thoughts on their response to me as well. I wasn't informed until fifteen till air time.

#408408 - 01/11/10 05:21 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
I had never watched this show before, but I tuned in when this episode aired, after reading about it on The Church of Satan NEWS section. Thank you for explaining what happened. In a way, I think it’s unfortunate that they didn’t include that clip of you and that investigator’s reaction to what you said, as it would’ve made the whole program seem significantly more intelligent and more sane.

#408409 - 01/11/10 05:37 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: John Prophet]
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

Thank you sir. I much appreciate the sentiment.

I rarely see the show as I'm not interested in wasted time watching the herd act like fools for their incredibly small amount of fame but would be happy to be paid often by A&E for my involvment!

Edited by WarlockNocturnum (01/11/10 05:44 PM)

#408410 - 01/11/10 05:40 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Paranormal State really sucks, and it's too bad that there are so many people willing to suck it down like soda pop. It's even more unfortunate Warlock, that your presence, probably the ONLY worthwhile thing about that terrible show, had to be left behind.

Don't take it as an insult.

You simply weren't low enough to match up with that shows "standard". grin

#408411 - 01/11/10 05:54 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: TheDegenerate]
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

True enough.

After watching some of them for a while I agree. My friend Michelle (guest frequently there) often complains about the idiots they deal with, editing done badly, and I suspect that she remains involved due to paid publicity. After she recommended me to be the expert to debunk the wack job, I am afraid I did too well in dismissing the paranormal in general.

I made sure in my own lengthy interview to state the CoS official position on demonic possesion was deranged people looking for attention (to paraphrase the quote provided by Magus Gilmore) left out of even the small segment.

#408413 - 01/11/10 06:02 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Haha! You were just too real for them. If you had donned a cape and a pair of fake fangs, you might have fit the bill a little better. Out of the few episodes I saw, it was pretty clear that they were one Wiccan away from pulling out an Ouija board, and asking the Grape Ape for advice on how to deal with the house settling...er, I mean, paranormal activity.

#408416 - 01/11/10 07:10 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: WarlockNocturnum
but would be happy to be paid often by A&E for my involvment!

As you may have gathered from my sig, I can certainly appreciate that!

#408417 - 01/11/10 07:18 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: John Prophet]
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

Well I must say Ayn Rand wrote much about money not being the root of all evil and our late Magus LaVey appreciated her writing so we certainly are in good company.

#408476 - 01/12/10 12:37 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
Lust Offline

You point out the obvious which sits uncomfortably with most.

I enjoyed the segment and thanks for posting it.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#408478 - 01/12/10 12:47 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
I was curious and tried looking up the books mentioned, found one on Amazon and a few others at Lulu, but couldn't find "Allure Of The Vampire" anywhere. From the title it sound interesting, so I was wondering where it was available?

#408487 - 01/12/10 02:20 PM Re: Warlock Nocturnum on A&E update [Re: PriestNocturnum]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Typical. I guess the truth doesn't jibe with what they're pushing. smirk

Great job! tiki

HS! coopdevil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM