Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#402797 - 11/21/09 06:01 AM Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Review: In Through This Devour by Tier Instinct

Tier Instinct's long-awaited album In Through This Devour stands out as a true masterpiece of dark ambient evocations. From the powerful attuning opening title Between all the way through to the beautiful closing track Mutual Exchange, Tier Instinct has done a marvellous job in accustically summoning up the archaic & darwinist portions both within the subconscious mind & the course of events within the universe. What is to be discovered is most refined fuel that lets the black flame within burn fiercer. The composition's brilliant dramaturgy & Tier Instinct's strong & dense voice forge an unparalelled triumphant psychodrama.

All thumbs up!

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#408542 - 01/12/10 10:11 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: Prometheus]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
The album In Through This Devour by Tier Instinct has been remarkably crafted!

I must say that when I recieved it, I was very eager to listen to it.

Let's go through and see how I rate this album.

I unpacked my new album from the USPS box. I examined the artwork of the cover which I liked alot.

I will give the cover art a 10.

Without spoiling the songs, I'll just give it a 10 and be done with it.

I'll give the lyrics and music a 10 for great quality, and great mixture of music with lyrics.

The bass of the music seems equally leveled and the balance is perfectly centered.

This album would be great for Dolby Surround-sound systems.

If some of you are into death metal or rock, this isn't that kind of album. It is more of a theatrical dark ambient evocative CD which can play with your imagination a bit.

The overall rating of this album is: ___10/10___

Great Job Tier Instinct!

Edited by LordOfDarkness (01/13/10 12:05 AM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#408673 - 01/13/10 10:11 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: Prometheus]
Ram_Abbalah Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Reno, NV
Awesome! I can't wait to listen.
"...I have built a mechanical sanctuary. In it copper bats fly on electric beams, brass rats scuttle in plastic cellars, robot skeletons dance; robot vampires, harlequins, wolves, and white phantoms, compounded of chemical and ingenuity, live here."

"Usher II"
The Martian Chronicles
by Ray Bradbury

#411134 - 02/03/10 08:09 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: Ram_Abbalah]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Tier Instinct's CD In Through This Devour was my first experience with this. . . not music, but evocation. I must admit, from first listening to the title track, I did not know what to expect, but as soon as the CD started, I was transported to a realm of brutal passions. Each track sets ablaze the emotions and fuels the Black Flame until it is an uncontrolable, raging inferno. I have only listened to it once, which I admit, is not enough to catch all of the subtle nuances, and so I shall give it repeat listening while in the comfort of my hot tub.

#411146 - 02/03/10 10:44 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
Where do I get a copy?

#411876 - 02/09/10 03:00 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: S810]
Lust Offline

Try the links in my signature.

My thanks to each of you who took the time to post reviews of In Through This Devour. I was thrilled to see so many relating to my work, and continue to delight in the positive reviews. More news to come!

Hail Magic!

Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#413190 - 02/19/10 10:00 AM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: Prometheus]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
"In Through This Devour", by Tier Instinct

Hypnotic. Mesmerizing. Graphic. Primal. Carnal. Ferocious.

Each of these words appropriately come to mind after a listening experience with "In Through This Devour".

Created and presented by Citizen Tier Instinct, it will take you on a journey through a series of dark soundscapes, well-layered samples, and spoken word that gives the devil every bit of his due.

Although "In Through This Devour" clocks in shorter than 20 minutes, I assure you that every bit of what you hear is well worth your time. Unlike a conventional album of standard songs (many of which are disposable after a few listens), this can be repeatedly listened to at different points in time while being able to consistently capture the same vivid feelings, impressions, and sensations with the same amount of intensity.

It can be enjoyed quietly while listening alone in the dark, which can send chilling sensations down your spine. It can be used as a tool of enhancement in the Ritual chamber to add to your already highly charged emotional state. Or, it could also just be enjoyed and appreciated for what it is; a nicely done work of Expressionism portrayed in a poetic manner over a clever backdrop of Noise music.

Even If you don't listen to much Noise music or spoken word, I'd still suggest for you to give it a listen for yourself. It's definitely worth your time and money.

#413452 - 02/21/10 06:52 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: G.F.V.]
Vathek Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Southeast
Citizen Vulture did an outstanding review of "In Through This Devour", by Tier Instinct. There is little I can add to such a fine review, except for this... if you have not purchased it, do so! It is lushly sublime, and to be experienced firsthand.

Originally Posted By: TheVulture
"In Through This Devour", by Tier Instinct

Hypnotic. Mesmerizing. Graphic. Primal. Carnal. Ferocious.

Each of these words appropriately come to mind after a listening experience with "In Through This Devour".

Created and presented by Citizen Tier Instinct, it will take you on a journey through a series of dark soundscapes, well-layered samples, and spoken word that gives the devil every bit of his due.

Although "In Through This Devour" clocks in shorter than 20 minutes, I assure you that every bit of what you hear is well worth your time. Unlike a conventional album of standard songs (many of which are disposable after a few listens), this can be repeatedly listened to at different points in time while being able to consistently capture the same vivid feelings, impressions, and sensations with the same amount of intensity.

It can be enjoyed quietly while listening alone in the dark, which can send chilling sensations down your spine. It can be used as a tool of enhancement in the Ritual chamber to add to your already highly charged emotional state. Or, it could also just be enjoyed and appreciated for what it is; a nicely done work of Expressionism portrayed in a poetic manner over a clever backdrop of Noise music.

Even If you don't listen to much Noise music or spoken word, I'd still suggest for you to give it a listen for yourself. It's definitely worth your time and money.

#413470 - 02/21/10 11:30 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: Vathek]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
Thank you, Vathek!

Quote:
It is lushly sublime, and to be experienced firsthand.

Indeed!

HS!
tiki tiki

#413499 - 02/22/10 08:58 AM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: G.F.V.]
K_Syn Offline

CoS Member

Loc: bonduel ,wisconSIN, USA
- On of the best albums I have bought in a long time. From a musicians point of view, this is well worth the money!! Do not delay, you must buy this!!

Visit The Source- Church of Satan

#413525 - 02/22/10 03:17 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: Prometheus]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
I have just placed an order for this wonderful CD and from what I've read about it and the samples I've heard, I'm very excited to add this to my collection.

A review will be forthcoming, but there is absolutely no doubt that it will be a glowing endorsement!!
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a persons faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#413529 - 02/22/10 03:54 PM A Dusk Floaurald Odeum [Re: Lust]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
Burningly blurring the edges of Fourth Dimensional UR Song
There are twin rivers coursing this Darkening Current:
To hear what is specifically mouthed and
To feel the viscidity crawl up your skin and spine all so creepily yet soothingly.

I remember listening to a Stephen King 3D audio experience & this chimerical record is like that thrill ride.
Each entrench'd chapter is a dissonant step into phantasmagoric disquietude.
Grrracefully looped in Hells Lounge for your personally dimly lit ruckus and relaxation,
Every Alien Elitist & de facto Satanist must have this talismanic seal of a corridor that only opens to quench your unending primordial lusts.

#413536 - 02/22/10 05:21 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: Poetaster]
Lust Offline

It is an honor my friend, and I trust that it will serve you well. Now I pace in wait of your review. Between yourself and another member I will need new floors.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#413539 - 02/22/10 05:49 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: G.F.V.]
Lust Offline

I like how you captured the experience and effortlessly wrote it in this fantastic review of my album, In Through This Devour. When musical talents like yourself, Prometheus, and Lord of Syn take the time to express your appreciation: it is an overwhelming honor. Yours is signed but anyone who purchases is welcome to send me a pm or email, and I will give instruction on where to send. I will sign the booklet and send back the same day.

My thanks to all who have brought my magic into their lairs. May it serve you all in abundance!

Hail Magic!

Hail Satan!

#413673 - 02/23/10 07:28 PM Re: Review: Tier Instinct - In Through This Devour [Re: Lust]
Vathek Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Southeast
As I said previously, Vulture did an excellent review but I told TI I would post the one here that I did on LuLu... so here it is.

The one word that rings in my head concerning "In Through This Devour" is 'transformation' as the work is a trifold transformation. First, you have the individual tracks that are each a transformation on their own; second, you have the entire nine (a fine number!) tracks that are a transformational story taken together, if you will; and third; you have the transformational underpinnings of the background soundscapes... which are, for those of our ilk, pure magic. It is lycanthropic, sexual, magical, powerful, arousing, commanding, and lulling... yes, lulling. HS! Hail Citizen Tier Instinct!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Quaark 

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43989 Topics
406086 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements