Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#409377 - 01/19/10 02:04 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
nob'di Offline

Well, this guy is certainly no David Brin.

About the only original idea in that book would be the "uniplanetary evolution" thingy, which is mostly just a patching together of previously existing UFO/NewAge/Conspiracy lunacy. Also, it kinda pisses me off how he arrogantly asserts his idea as a "theory" when it's barely a hypothesis.

On the bright side, seeing as how even a third-rate book like this can get published gives me hope that someday I'll see my own work get printed. grin

#409443 - 01/19/10 09:26 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: nob'di]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Originally Posted By: Autotheist

On the bright side, seeing as how even a third-rate book like this can get published gives me hope that someday I'll see my own work get printed. grin

Shouldn't be too tough. I think he uses a service like Lulu. And trust me, they will accept anything. My upcoming non-fictional treatise, "Thirty New Ways To Poke At Dog Poo With A Stick" should provide his book with a bit of competition.

Full colour pictures, as well!

#409519 - 01/20/10 01:20 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Let me know when it comes available... I would like to check it out.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#409520 - 01/20/10 01:24 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
nob'di Offline

Oooh... Now there's a book with some serious potential! I shall be checking Amazon for it good sir! crossbones

#409529 - 01/20/10 02:15 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Sounds good. Should be out around the same time pigs start flying, dogs start talking, and when Dane Cook actually becomes tolerable to listen to.

#409542 - 01/20/10 05:16 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: TheDegenerate
Sounds good. Should be out around the same time pigs start flying, dogs start talking, and when Dane Cook actually becomes tolerable to listen to.

Lol! Alright then. smirk

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404131 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements