Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#408629 - 01/13/10 04:02 PM Antichrist Version 666 book
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
I have recently been notified about this book.

It is an Action/Sci-Fi book which makes out that the Antichrist in the christian bible is a hero instead of a villain.

The author info is most interesting.

Please read through and don't mind that one bible verse;

http://www.theantichristversion666.com/authorinfo.html

He sounds more like he's an atheist once you get about halfway through.

I thought it could be interesting to read so I decided to share this on a post.

Here is a link to the main page if you care to have another fiction book in your library;

http://www.theantichristversion666.com/homepage.html

You might want to check out the link on the website called "The Uniplanetary Evolution Theory".

It is a video about the author's book and a theory. Kind of interesting...

Edited by LordOfDarkness (01/13/10 09:24 PM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#408631 - 01/13/10 04:23 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
This guy sounds like a gullible nut.

"In 2012 there will be a transit of Venus. Venus will be between the Sun and earth in it's orbit. When an asteroid impacts Earth, and Earth loses some of its mass as debris into space, Venus will attract a lot of that debris and that debris will cluster together creating Venus first moon(Earth). The remainder of the debris will stay in earths gravitational pull and cluster together creating a second moon(mars) Venus has no moon earth has one and mars has two moons. Which if you take the mass of Mar's second moon and add it to the mass of mars you would have a bigger than earth size mass. This May explain why mars is so much smaller than earth. "

If his book is any good, he hasn't made much of an effort to share. A couple of low resolution thumbnails, and a cookie cutter storyline mixed in with some religious gobbledygook and his life story?

Looks like pretty standard stuff to me.

I also don't think the reserve role idea is very original or exciting. "Oh, I have an idea! How about a World War 2 fiction where Hitler is...wait for it...the GOOD guy!" Taking the two most prominent archetypes in history, God and Satan, and reversing them around is not very creative in the year 2010.

Edited by TheDegenerate (01/13/10 04:26 PM)

#408637 - 01/13/10 05:52 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
I'm usually a fan of anti-hero, dark protagonist novels, which this sounds like it may be, so I can see the allure of it. (I also have always been intrigued by the fictional Antichrist so this might be a work I would enjoy.)

One thing I do find odd is the name, (yes, I'm literally judging a book by its cover.) "Version 666" ... w-what? It is like an Antichrist Cyborg that had 665 updates prior to this book’s publication? Was there a "Antichrist Service Pack v.666" that was uploaded moments before the book began? haha, I'm kidding of course.

But seriously, reading from the site, the authors theories about 'uniplanitary evolution' and the 2012 stuff is just weird. If any of these ideas are incorporated within the book, (which I'm sure they are...) then I probably will stay away from this one.

Edited by Iscariot (01/13/10 05:58 PM)

#408640 - 01/13/10 06:48 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: TheDegenerate
I also don't think the reserve role idea is very original or exciting. [...] Taking the two most prominent archetypes in history, God and Satan, and reversing them around is not very creative in the year 2010.

Never mind the fact that it's been done before. Mark Twain, etc.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#408643 - 01/13/10 07:18 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: Bill_M]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
I also don't think the reserve role idea is very original or exciting. [...] Taking the two most prominent archetypes in history, God and Satan, and reversing them around is not very creative in the year 2010.

Yeah... It's basically another copy of the past orthodoxies but in a different package.

It could be enjoyable or humorous if you're into fiction and conspiracy theories and stuff also.

You probably won't be surprised after so many posts, but I looked at this book after my girlfriend asked me to check it out. LOL

She is so gullible! laugh

She was looking at the "Antichrist" and "666" part and asked me to look into it.

Alas, she has not a single knowledge of what we stand for.

And when I try to explain, it turns into a negative judgmental argument like I'm fighting a hard-headed christian.

However she isn't a christian but... Something else... From another dimension! Mwahahahahahaha!!!!

grin

I love her though. laugh She is more hilarious than... Maybe Dane Cook.

Edited by LordOfDarkness (01/13/10 07:37 PM)
Edit Reason: Forgot the 'e' in Dane Cook

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#408645 - 01/13/10 07:34 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
Well see there's the problem. Dane Cook was NEVER funny.

#408647 - 01/13/10 07:36 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Drakkar Tyrannis

Really? I thought he was funny a couple of times.

But most of it was because he was acting stupid.

#408660 - 01/13/10 08:55 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Drakkar Tyrannis

You just became my best friend!
Congratulations!
Now,youtube Post Apocalyptic Dane Cook.Pretty much nails the guy on the gelled head.

#408667 - 01/13/10 09:29 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: ArtAche86]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Which comedian would both of you consider to be funny?

My favorite is George Carlin.

R.I.P. good ol' George!

#408708 - 01/14/10 01:59 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
ArtAche86 Offline

Originally Posted By: LordOfDarkness
Which comedian would both of you consider to be funny?

My favorite is George Carlin.

R.I.P. good ol' George!

I can't speak for Mr. Tyrannis,but I like many:
George Carlin
Robin Williams
Katt Williams
Richard Pryor
Dave Chappelle
Puablo Francisco
Bernie Mac
Cedric the Entertainer
There are many others whose names slip my mind at the moment.

#408710 - 01/14/10 03:33 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: ArtAche86]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
Robin Williams

The older I get the more I enjoy his ad libs.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#408711 - 01/14/10 03:51 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: Iscariot]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
As a work of fiction it does sound like it could be an entertaining diversion but unfortunately it also sounds as though the author is taking his subject matter (which he admits to having invented) a little too literally.

#408713 - 01/14/10 05:49 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: ArtAche86]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
Originally Posted By: ArtAche86

George Carlin
Katt Williams
Richard Pryor
Dave Chappelle

Same here. Add to that:
Wanda Sykes
Eddie Izzard
Chris Rock
Elvira Kurt
Alec Mapa
Eddie Murphy
There are others but memory fails me.

#408745 - 01/14/10 11:24 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: LordOfDarkness

Yeah... It's basically another copy of the past orthodoxies but in a different package.

It could be enjoyable or humorous if you're into fiction and conspiracy theories and stuff also.

You probably won't be surprised after so many posts, but I looked at this book after my girlfriend asked me to check it out. LOL

She is so gullible! laugh

Oh yeah, so it's your GIRLFRIENDS fault that you recommended a mediocre book on your favorite website?

Talk about disrespect.

And if what "you stand for" is stabbing her in the back and making fun of her here in order to simply cover up what was simply a minor bad judgement call, don't lump me in with you.

#408746 - 01/14/10 11:30 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: Bill_M]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Oh, exactly. That's why I specified that it is very unoriginal in this century...at one point, it was SUCH an original idea, you might have been burned on a piece of wood for mentioning it.

#408753 - 01/14/10 12:44 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Oh, exactly. That's why I specified that it is very unoriginal in this century...at one point, it was SUCH an original idea, you might have been burned on a piece of wood for mentioning it.

It would be great if you could come up with an idea so original by today’s standards, that you might be burned on a piece of wood for mentioning it. I’m sure we could come up with something offensive enough to spur such a reaction, but something that would make others want to burn you at the stake, in this day and age; solely based on its appalling level of originality? That presents quite a challenge. laugh

#408765 - 01/14/10 02:25 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: John Prophet]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: John Prophet

It would be great if you could come up with an idea so original by today’s standards, that you might be burned on a piece of wood for mentioning it. I’m sure we could come up with something offensive enough to spur such a reaction, but something that would make others want to burn you at the stake, in this day and age; solely based on its appalling level of originality? That presents quite a challenge. laugh

How about a futuristic theme park, where dinosaurs are brought back to life using advanced cloning techniques?

#408766 - 01/14/10 02:36 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

YEA!!!

And then, we could have the biggest baddest dino of them all get loose and start EATING PEOPLE.

I'll get on the script immediately.

grin

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#408771 - 01/14/10 03:22 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Oh yeah, so it's your GIRLFRIENDS fault that you recommended a mediocre book on your favorite website?

"It's not your fault!" crossbones

#408775 - 01/14/10 04:01 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: John Prophet]
Lust Offline

Perhaps an Islamic fundamentalist proselytizing his new religion bin Ladenism, in South Carolina? In response to the challenge.

Edited by Tier Instinct (01/14/10 04:17 PM)
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#408786 - 01/14/10 06:39 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
How about a futuristic theme park, where dinosaurs are brought back to life using advanced cloning techniques?

Sounds like a great idea!

Could you call it "Your-Ass-Is Parked" instead of Jur-ass-ic Park?

The reason is because when a T-rex is hungry then he'll park an ass like a pimp.

Please excuse my foul, corny, and twisted humor if it wasn't funny. laugh

Edited by LordOfDarkness (01/14/10 06:57 PM)
Edit Reason: Humor not aimed toward anyone specific

#408792 - 01/14/10 07:23 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: John Prophet]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
It would be great if you could come up with an idea so original by today’s standards, that you might be burned on a piece of wood for mentioning it.

OK, I'll pitch an idea.

The year is 1649. Muslims harness the power of the Moon God and artificially develop a plant called marji-gharna, also known as "marijuana". It is an evil herb created to knock out the mind's ability for critical thought. Muslims then sell it to traders of the United States, telling them that it's good for paper and rope. They also sell them African slaves, who unbeknownst to the Americans, are actually all double agents for the Marji-gharna Illuminati cult, as are Jews, midgets, and the mentally retarded.

Fast forward to Austria 1944, where Adolf Hitler gets close to uncovering the world-wide green conspiracy, trying to eliminate the enemies in a holocaust. But before he can make his discovery, he is captured and set on fire. Not by the Allies, but rather the evil oligarchy trio who rules and enforces the Marji-gharna Illuminati: the Dahli Lama, Mother Theresa, and Mohandas Gandhi. They stay around to help enforce enslavement via convincing people into meatless diets and bad rock music.

And in modern times, Al Gore is in on this conspiracy too, convincing people that more plant growth will fight "global warming". But there is a secret order on the side dedicated at exposing the lies. For years, the Maji-gharna Illuminati tried to convince the world that the Freemasons were the evil Illuminati, but the Freemasons turn out to be just the opposite: these good guys who save the day and carry on the crusade just like their all-male organizational descendants (all college fraternities) secretly do. (And of course, their mascot of Satan is the real good guy who was scapegoated by the Muslims.) The Freemasons must now completely burn down the herb's source and the Muslim's secret headquarters: the Amazon rainforest! Using a crucifix dipped in bacon fat from Fred Phelps, they must finally abort the fetus that Tiger Woods placed in the womb of Oprah Winfrey, thus ending the Moon God's power.

It needs some work, but off the top of my head that's the most offensive plot line I could think of.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#408796 - 01/14/10 07:51 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: Bill_M]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Burn him! Burn him for his blasphemous ideas! tiki
-Angry mob

#408801 - 01/14/10 09:27 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: Bill_M]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

It needs some work, but off the top of my head that's the most offensive plot line I could think of.

... Wow! That's all I gatta say.

#408823 - 01/15/10 02:41 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
ArtAche86 Offline

Or a movie where a lesbian United States president in an inter-racial relationship removes the tax-exemption statuses from all churches in the country to fix the economic debt,only to sit back and watch all of the religious fanatics and militant atheists kill each other out.

Does that sound good?

#409160 - 01/18/10 04:11 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: ArtAche86]
Zaranell Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
I kinda wish that would actually happen.

#409187 - 01/18/10 09:28 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: The Degenerate

No you misunderstood me. It is my girlfriend who showed me the book.

I posted it here for you guys to look at and opinionate on it.

Quote:

Talk about disrespect.

If you had to hear every night about conspiracy theores, how the world will end in two years, how the goverment will take over the world, how "god" is supposed to be a super alien race from another dimension, that we first lived on mars and moved to earth by our E.T. humanoid ancestors on space ships, and all of this bullshit came from youtube videos, you would probably think she is gullible also sir. laugh

But yeah you're right, it was a little degrading.

She's a nice girl.

There's alot of things I like about her and very few that I don't like.

Quote:

And if what "you stand for" is stabbing her in the back and making fun of her here in order to simply cover up what was simply a minor bad judgement call, don't lump me in with you.

I don't stand for stabbing women in the back.

I stand more along the lines of women bashing.

It's something she and I do to each other for fun. Hell, if you knew her, she bashes men just about every few minutes. laugh

I have no idea where you got that I am trying to cover up anything.

She has shown me the book on the webpage and I posted about the book here.

I wasn't trying to "make fun of her". She IS gullible. Lol

But she's extremely smart, attractive, and talented as well. She amuses me when she is gullible and I like it.

I don't think it was a bad judgment call to post about the book because it IS a fantasy book and some people may like to have fantasy books. Posting this book is for those people.

I labeled it as a fantasy book and I recall the author labeling it as a fantasy book. So what bad judgment have I made since I knew this all along and still posted it?

Edited by LordOfDarkness (01/18/10 10:29 AM)

#409196 - 01/18/10 11:23 AM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
I have been reading this, and it is a combination of revolations in KJB, the satanic devil worshiping conspircy theories that say Oboma is the antichrist both on youtube, and the theorys of 2012 that places it as the end of days...

Sounds like a bunch of garbage that one of the hollywood types think would make a good movie such as the day after tomarrow, earthquake, or the vulcano that destroys Los Angeles.

My personal thoughts on the matter is that the book was written to cash in on the madness about the year 2012 that all the UFO nuts keep going on about on programs such as coast to coast.

I'm supprised the the new world order started by Bush and Clinton has not been mentioned yet.

#409204 - 01/18/10 12:39 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: Pablovilla]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

I agree with you paul_r.

That was my take on it also.

#409205 - 01/18/10 12:41 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: ArtAche86]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Yes!

That sounds like a perfect idea!

#409377 - 01/19/10 02:04 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
nob'di Offline

Well, this guy is certainly no David Brin.

About the only original idea in that book would be the "uniplanetary evolution" thingy, which is mostly just a patching together of previously existing UFO/NewAge/Conspiracy lunacy. Also, it kinda pisses me off how he arrogantly asserts his idea as a "theory" when it's barely a hypothesis.

On the bright side, seeing as how even a third-rate book like this can get published gives me hope that someday I'll see my own work get printed. grin

#409443 - 01/19/10 09:26 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: nob'di]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Autotheist

On the bright side, seeing as how even a third-rate book like this can get published gives me hope that someday I'll see my own work get printed. grin

Shouldn't be too tough. I think he uses a service like Lulu. And trust me, they will accept anything. My upcoming non-fictional treatise, "Thirty New Ways To Poke At Dog Poo With A Stick" should provide his book with a bit of competition.

Full colour pictures, as well!

#409519 - 01/20/10 01:20 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Let me know when it comes available... I would like to check it out.

#409520 - 01/20/10 01:24 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
nob'di Offline

Oooh... Now there's a book with some serious potential! I shall be checking Amazon for it good sir! crossbones

#409529 - 01/20/10 02:15 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: LordofDarkness]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Sounds good. Should be out around the same time pigs start flying, dogs start talking, and when Dane Cook actually becomes tolerable to listen to.

#409542 - 01/20/10 05:16 PM Re: Antichrist Version 666 book [Re: TheDegenerate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Sounds good. Should be out around the same time pigs start flying, dogs start talking, and when Dane Cook actually becomes tolerable to listen to.

Lol! Alright then. smirk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements