Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#408802 - 01/14/10 09:32 PM My membership is almost here!
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
I have already sent in the payment by Paypal and now on 01/14/10, I am waiting for the right time to personally mail the remaining stuff in the Post Office.

I would drop it in the drop box but I want it to be sent to the administrative office pronto.

I will see some of you downstairs eventually!

Hail Satan!

Edited by LordOfDarkness (01/14/10 11:22 PM)

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#408805 - 01/14/10 10:02 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: LordofDarkness]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Congrats!

It was a very powerful feeling when I got my Crimson Card. See you downstairs!

#408808 - 01/14/10 10:06 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: LordofDarkness]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

Downstairs is where all the cool people hang out devilchili
Congrats Sir!

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#408814 - 01/14/10 11:26 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: LordofDarkness]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
Congratulations LordOfDarkness!

I received my card on Oct. 31st of last year jack skull crossbones

#408818 - 01/15/10 12:02 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: LordofDarkness]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
See you in the Underworld.

#408854 - 01/15/10 10:22 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: Nemo]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Thank you all!

Well I just gave the rest to the Post Office.

They said it would be sent off after 5pm.

Now I got to wait up to 16 weeks.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#408875 - 01/15/10 02:04 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: LordofDarkness]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: LordOfDarkness
Now I got to wait up to 16 weeks.

Just remember:
"The watched pot never boils!" wink

#408906 - 01/15/10 07:22 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: ArtAche86]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I recieved mine (in Iraq!) in less than 16 weeks, so it may be sooner for you.

#408909 - 01/15/10 07:34 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: LordofDarkness]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Don't forget to bring the case of beer when you make it downstairs. wink

It's a great feeling to see the membership package in the mailbox. Congrats!

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#408946 - 01/16/10 02:12 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: JustinR]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Thank you!

I hope it gets here soon.

It's nerve racking because I'm so eager to have it. Lol

Man am I going to party once I get it!!

HS!

#409349 - 01/19/10 10:21 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: LordofDarkness]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Do you get the membership card just by being a Registered Member or do you need to be accepted as an Active Member?

I honestly don't see the point in registering if you don't have the intent on being an Active Member. Being an Active Member means you have something to contribute, and possibly something to gain.

My main reason for not applying is that I currently don't have $200 to spend (currently unemployed).

Edited by MALFORM (01/20/10 09:25 AM)
Edit Reason: The original last sentence was unnecessary. I don't mean to gossip.

#409351 - 01/19/10 10:37 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: M.D. Roche]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: MALFORM
I'm wondering if the pricey membership fee (which up until recent was only $100) has anything to do with Dr. LaVey's rotten daughters, who now get 1/3 each of all his book royalties. Grrr...

You don't get it.

It should be more, if anything. Satanists are too generous for their own good. They give too much wisdom away for free, too many podcasts for free, too much music for free, too many essays for free, and they give away membership too cheaply.

Being a non-member, I get a hard on at the thought of how much more I would gain through membership. It's a good job I have my application sorted. devilchili
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#409354 - 01/19/10 10:56 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: M.D. Roche]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Do you get the membership card just by being a Registered Member or do you need to be accepted as an Active Member?

Yes, you get the Crimson card for being a Registered Member, you just don't get the secret decoder ring.

I honestly don't see the point in registering if you don't have the intent on being an Active Member. Being an Active Member means you have something to contribute, and possibly something to gain.

For many people, just registering is enough for them, it is a show of support for a philosophy they hold dear, or they hold off on Active membership until they have something more to contribute.

My main reason for not applying is that I currently don't have $200 to spend (currently unemployed). I'm wondering if the pricey membership fee (which up until recent was only $100) has anything to do with Dr. LaVey's rotten daughters, who now get 1/3 each of all his book royalties. Grrr...

For some people, yeah, two hundred dollars is a lot, but no one is obligated to join. Satanism is about self-preservation, and in the case of one who doesn't have the money, not joining is the more Satanic thing to do.

Also, think about it: to join the Church of Satan you have to pay a ONE-TIME fee, that's it, nothing more, and you are a life time member. Other organizations, be they churches, book clubs, etc, end up charging a Helluva lot more. So tell me, honestly, which is cheaper?

I never heard anything about Dr LaVey's daughters getting money from his books, as I was of the belief that they were stricken from his will. But that is none of our business anyway, so why worry about it?

Please note that I only speak for myself and in no way, shape, or form, am I an Agent for the Church of Satan.

#409371 - 01/19/10 01:35 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: M.D. Roche]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

From the Church of Satan website:

We donít solicit memberships; however, if you wish to join us to show your support or appreciation you can become a Registered Member. For a one-time registration fee of two hundred dollars in United States currency, you will receive an embossed crimson card declaring you a member of the Church of Satan.

There comes a sense of pride when one shows support for a religious organization that they agree with. Satanists who join the Church of Satan do so because they WANT to and get some sort of satisfaction from it. If one were to deny their desire to join then that would be an application of abstinence and we all know just how un-Satanic that is.

Quote:
My main reason for not applying is that I currently don't have $200 to spend (currently unemployed). I'm wondering if the pricey membership fee (which up until recent was only $100) has anything to do with Dr. LaVey's rotten daughters, who now get 1/3 each of all his book royalties. Grrr...

I have long held the point of view that financial freedom is life mastery. If the small ONE TIME fee of $200.00 causes you to sacrifice other personal endeavours then it is much wiser to await membership. Satanism is not a sacrificial religion.

The information you provided about Anton LaVey's daughters I suspect is something you read on the internet. Not everything you read on the internet is true.

#409388 - 01/19/10 03:12 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: Unknown]
nob'di Offline

Congratulations, LordOfDarkness. I must confess my envy of you (the good kind of envy, of course). wink

Unknown pretty much hit the nail on the head. It would be quite un-Satanic to pay the membership fee and then have to explain to my landlord why I don't have enough money for rent. That's pretty much why I've decided to postpone registering until I'm back in school, and save active membership until after I've graduated when I'll have more free time to contribute.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406047 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements