Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#409031 - 01/17/10 12:54 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Quaark]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Not all spoiled American twats think the kids should stay in the rubble. Some just keep perspective on what can and cannot be done to pull them out. Once one realizes their options are limited or nonexistent, I see no problem with a game of D&D to forget the misery of disasters far away.

Especially a post-apocalyptic RPG that takes place after an earthquake in a ruined land governed by warlords, those are super-fun.

#409032 - 01/17/10 12:57 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Delta]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I was actually referring to a specific and especially supercilious, pretentious, faggy, anemic little fuck on Undercroft who works at Disneyland, plays D&D, and is eager to have as many kids in Haiti die as possible, although I fail to see how that would benefit him personally.

He thinks he has such a Satanic attitude.

I'd love to drop him naked in Cite Soleil right about now.

Ooops, was that mean of me?

wink

Edited by Daark (01/17/10 12:59 AM)

#409033 - 01/17/10 01:00 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Quaark]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Mean as hell. There's a reason they call it the "Devil's" arithmetic.

#409034 - 01/17/10 01:21 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Delta]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> after an earthquake in a ruined land governed by warlords, those are super-fun.<<

If a land goverened by corrupt governments is your criteria for individuals to "get it" then the two countries you and I live in are long overdue.

There are many Americans who deserve a wake-up call. Not because their government is corrupt or because their society is a shit-hole - but just because they themselves are wankers.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#409035 - 01/17/10 01:32 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Apologies, that last bit was only a joke about how many role playing games take place in situations resembling Post-Quake Haiti, it was not an assessment of government-individual criteria. Of course I quite agree with you.

#409036 - 01/17/10 01:34 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

I think it has been proven that on average, Britons are smarter than Americans. I'd say the current degeneration of both peoples is similar in its after-effects. However, the cause of the effects on the American side are more due to extreme apathy and laziness; I don't know enough about 20th century Britain to make a full and proper diagnosis for them, but I don't think the Islamisation of Britain helps.

As far as Haiti is concerned, I already felt sympathy for them; no one should have to live in a land populated by criminal mad men with machetes and automatic weapons, i.e. living in fear.

This earthquake has now made their living situation exponentially worse. The vultures that populate the government and local thugs smell the blood, and they aren't going to stop. In an overall human sense, it is truly heart-breaking. But I'm afraid their disease is terminal.

Such is life.

P.S. Oh, and that fuckwit on the Undercroft can go fuck himself. Whoever thinks that constantly being a petty asshole is Satanic is a shit-hole of a human.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#409037 - 01/17/10 01:35 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Delta]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Delta
Apologies, that last bit was only a joke about how many role playing games take place in situations resembling Post-Quake Haiti, it was not an assessment of government-individual criteria. Of course I quite agree with you.

Oh ok. I wouldn't have known. I don't play Dungeons & Dragons.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#409042 - 01/17/10 02:24 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Since we are talking about Haiti. . .
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100114/wl_csm/273911

Enjoy!

#409044 - 01/17/10 03:04 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: ArtAche86]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
The only thing that surprises me more than that knucklehead vomiting forth goofy ideas, is anyone being surprised that he says goofy shit.

Edited by Poetaster (01/17/10 03:07 AM)

#409050 - 01/17/10 04:01 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Quaark]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
I don't see why I should care, I have been shown over and over again that doing goodthings for others that are not deserving is the wrong thing to do.

Also in many places the best thing we could do is give people birth control, because there is a limited amount of space and a limited amount of resources for people.

There is a choice have fewer people that are much better off, or many people with almost nothing, fighting over their next meal.

Edited by paul_r (01/17/10 04:02 AM)

#409051 - 01/17/10 04:14 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: NapalmNick]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Living in fear is a constant thing here is the states as well, we have people that set others on fire.

We have police and a court system that does nothing to people that threaten the life of others, unless they will say in court that they intened to harm someone.

We also have gang members with machine guns and rocket lanchers in southern california, along with drug gangs from Mexico that get their weapons from the military in mexico and what they steal from shipments here in the states.

At least here we are allowed to own guns, but the problem is we are not allowed to use them to protect ourself in California, as in many of the other states.

#409052 - 01/17/10 04:16 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Pablovilla]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> I don't see why I should care <<

You are not obligated to.

However...

If a 5 year old child sees an old lady slip over in the street and break her hip - he is likely to laugh.

It is only with maturity we acquire enough understanding for our egos to develop empathy.

Human empathy is an attribute of a healthy and fully developed adult ego.

I am not rushing to help Haiti at cost of myself - but I can sympathise.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#409053 - 01/17/10 04:23 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Well, I think there is a significant difference between empathy and sympathy, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

Responsibility is a quality of a mature adult. Lack of sympathy is irresponsible.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#409054 - 01/17/10 04:27 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: NapalmNick]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: NapalmNick
Well, I think there is a significant difference between empathy and sympathy, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

Responsibility is a quality of a mature adult. Lack of sympathy is irresponsible.

Both empathy and sympathy are essential attributes of lesser magic. An inability to comprehend people and human suffering puts us at a distinct disadvantage in dealing with other people. Our world view should not stop at our own doorstep.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#409055 - 01/17/10 04:37 AM Re: The Haiti Earthquake and Natural Disasters. [Re: Pablovilla]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

I don't know about you, but I am not living in constant fear.

Yes, we have problems with gangs, but it's nothing like Haiti. Also, I said "should", which does not relate to reality. It is merely my personal sentiment, something that exists in my own brain. I realize this.

I personally will not be donating any money to Haiti, for personal reasons, but I do not lack sympathy for those who did not deserve to have what little lives they had ruined.

This is not me being a bleeding heart. It is a natural human reaction; lack of this reaction is most often, as Reverend Strongbone pointed out, due to lack of maturity.

However sometimes it is due to extreme personality disorders.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >

Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404438 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements