Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#409260 - 01/18/10 06:46 PM Satanic Combat Sciences?
Liberterius Offline

Now, I do know that many Satanists, including myself, engage in a lot of physical activity with sports etc, both as an indulgence in the immediate fun of it, and for overall power of being.
And I know martial arts are also often popular among Satanists, again including myself, for ability to defend oneself, the ritualistic/"in the zone" power and all.

Something I have read about, but not able to find much detail on, is "Satanic Combat Sciences". I first read of it on Vexen Crabtree's site, he's a very cool Satanist guy from the UK, some of you may know of him. But then the link he had there was outdated and didn't work, and google is turning up nothing for me. But then, in the CoS Emporium, I see this book "Fang and Claw" or something along those lines about the topic of Satanic martial arts.

Does any sort of specifically Satanic martial art exist? Or do we generally go by learning a mix of whatever we like best and is most effective?

Edited by Liberterius (01/18/10 06:46 PM)

#409263 - 01/18/10 07:18 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Liberterius]
Ninth_Cimmerian Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington State
Quote:
Something I have read about, but not able to find much detail on, is "Satanic Combat Sciences".

John C. Davis aka Xloptuny, the creator of "Satanic Combat Sciences" is no longer with us on this Earth.

Quote:
But then, in the CoS Emporium, I see this book "Fang and Claw" or something along those lines about the topic of Satanic martial arts.

Written by Col. Akula, The Fang and Claw books are a fine addition to any Satanic library.

Quote:
Does any sort of specifically Satanic martial art exist? Or do we generally go by learning a mix of whatever we like best and is most effective?

I apply the Satanic Martial Art of: "What works best for me based on proven experience fu". smirk

Is it useful? Or useless?

Test everything, believe nothing, take what is useful and apply it, discard what is useless. smile

Survival Is The Highest Law!

#409265 - 01/18/10 07:38 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Ninth_Cimmerian]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
SomethingLikEvil, who frequents this board, has been developing his own Martial Art and has an essay about it in his book, The Devil's Soapbox .

Though I wouldn’t say that this is a “specifically Satanic Martial Art” (I agree with what N9nth Cimmerian said about doing whatever works), the book does contain some other interesting observations about how certain aspects of Satanism relate to Martial Arts.

Edited by John Prophet (01/18/10 07:39 PM)

#409267 - 01/18/10 07:48 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Liberterius]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

In addition to the two excellent recommendations below I'd also give ESSAYS IN SATANISM by Magister Sass a peek as well.

I do know that Anton LaVey studied Judo which is various throwing techniques. What I have found to be benefitcial is to study the LaVey Synthesizer, learn your body, and pick what suites you best.

#409272 - 01/18/10 09:13 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Unknown]
Liberterius Offline

Thanks y'all.

I'm quite well versed in Seidokan karate; so that's a mix of various techniques, not just limited to punching and kicking. (also throws, chokes, grabs, melee weapons, etc)
Ok this is what I figured; that it's just the philosophy of "whatever works best", rather than some knightly idea of chivilric combat. Unless its a set-up match, as in a game, with rules, there are no rules in a fight; its law of the jungle.
The Fang and Claw books definitely looked interesting, perhaps I shall check them out someday. smile

Just my thought by the way, I think firearms should be included in any sort of Satanic martial art, being so prevalent as they are in our modern world, and just so damn effective. ^_^
U know what they say about bringing a knife to a gun-fight.

#409277 - 01/18/10 09:32 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Liberterius]
Thoth1112004 Offline

Loc: Dallas - Frt Worth, Texas USA
I always have a loaded gun around. . . Why wrestle when you can win with the first punch?

#409278 - 01/18/10 09:38 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Liberterius]
Ninth_Cimmerian Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington State
Quote:
Just my thought by the way, I think firearms should be included in any sort of Satanic martial art, being so prevalent as they are in our modern world, and just so damn effective. ^_^
U know what they say about bringing a knife to a gun-fight.

Yes, train with everything that you might come up against, to include firearms.

A person can be killed with a rolled up newspaper, amongst other items you wouldn't normally suspect.

My current favorite carry pistol is a Glock G27 .40 with tritium sights and Scherer extended mag bottoms.

Magister Nemos book "The Fire Within" has excellent articles on this topic (and others).

Also recommended as a basic primer for Satanic Martial Arts is "Kill or be Killed" by Col. Applegate.

KISS. wink

Survival Is The Highest Law!

#409279 - 01/18/10 09:40 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Ninth_Cimmerian]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Yes when it comes to survival Satanism really does have it covered. The measurement of any mans intelligence very well may be defined by his longevity.

#409282 - 01/18/10 10:48 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Unknown]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Thank you John for the book plug.

Generally, unless you build the techniques of a martial art, not the forms, into muscle memory, they are almost worthless in a real fight.

Muscle memory, for those who don't know, is the constant repitition of a technique (be it painting, writing music, anything that takes practice really) so that you need not think about it anymore, it happens automatically when needed which allows the mind to improvise if called for, allowing the individual to think on their feet.

Even though I train in multipule forms of martial arts, if it comes down to fighting, I will do anything that will save my ass. It could be biting, poking, hell, even digging my nails into the enemy. This does not mean you should continue to beat the shit outta the person if they, say, already completely senseless from the ass-whooping you just dished out. I usually attack just enough to get away, which is the point of most martial arts.

You learn martial arts so that you don't have to fight, think on this.

Remember, Lex Talionis, let the punishment fit in kind and degree, the crime. Don't over do it.

#409285 - 01/18/10 11:25 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Even though I train in multipule forms of martial arts, if it comes down to fighting, I will do anything that will save my ass.

That really is the bottom line.

Not everything goes according to plan in an uncontrolled environment. You could be ambushed, stalked, trapped, etc. You may be in a bar, a dark alley, a small store, the front yard. All quite different than a ring. Reflexes in such situations are highly important. The brain follows the body.

By the way I'd also like to add that if one were to master the components of Lesser Magic then your survival ratio increases in your favor dramatically and you may avoid physical confrontations all the easier.

#409290 - 01/18/10 11:53 PM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Unknown]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Unknown
[quote]By the way I'd also like to add that if one were to master the components of Lesser Magic then your survival ratio increases in your favor dramatically and you may avoid physical confrontations all the easier.

speaking of which, and should be in the Lesser Magic kit of those who live in gang-infested areas: Find out what colors and/or sports teams the gangs around you sport. By knowing which colors to avoid wearing, you could save yourself a lot of unneeded confrontations.

It sounds stupid, but trust me on this. I was born in Queens, New York, a city where Crips, Bloods, La Familia, Albanian gangs, and many others reside.

I was raised in Salinas, California where the two main gangs are the Nortenos and Surenos take residence.

Now, in Oxnard, California, I am surrounded by Colonia Chiques, CO Boys, and more.

As you can see, I have lived in areas with gang problems all my life, I have been in fights with them, all because I was ignorant of the colors they, or their rival gangs, wore.

I now know better than to wear, say, black Dickies and a grey shirt, or vice versa, as I will be considered a rival gang member.

It sounds irrelevent, but knowing this information can save you a lot of grief.

#409299 - 01/19/10 01:09 AM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

All excellent points.

Whatever you do don't dress like this.

If anyone dresses like this they deserve to get bitch-slapped.

#409314 - 01/19/10 04:42 AM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Liberterius]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Great topic! I've enjoyed reading the responses here.

In my quest to become kunoichi I've been researching self-defense/fighting stuff. I have a long list of reading material and now've added a few more. I seem to remember, from something I saw online many moons ago, that techniques are slightly different for ladies/midget-people (a.k.a. --> me).

I'm fairly comfortable with my 9 mm and I can run really fast (not just sprinting but endurance) so've got at least two tools in my arsenal. I've always wanted to learn archery. Obviously not ideal for most situations; a skill more suitable for the zombie apocalypse. Shooting is loads of fun but something about the acoustics exacerbates some moderate inner ear damage of mine. Seems like bow and arrow would afford good target practice and be slightly less bone-splitting.

Or maybe I just want to look like Jessica Biel in Blade Trinity. grin

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#409331 - 01/19/10 07:54 AM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Liberterius]
Herr_S Offline

Loc: Mordor
Originally Posted By: Liberterius

I don't like martial arts. I don't want to be an expert on any sort of art when I am forced in a situation where I have to defend myself.

Follow these simple steps and you will be an expert of satanic self defence.

Step 1. One of the satanic rules of the earth states something like: When walking in open territory bother no one, if someone bothers you, ask them to stop, if they don't, destroy them.

This is a good first rule for self defence. But I am going to develop it a bit for the purpose of self defence. Avoid open territory that might pose a threat to you. An example is out in town a friday or saturday night when there are alot of drunk people. Alcohol makes some people aggressive, and they may choose you as a target for their aggression. Avoid areas that are high in crime rate (use your common sense). This should decrease your risk of being forced into a self-defence situation to a minimum. And you do not want to be in such a situation, trust me.

Step 2. If you for some reason do not follow step one, read this. When walking in "hostile" open territory, you need to make sure not to look like a victim. Behave confident, keep your head up and back straight, look and be alert of your surrounding but do no look nervous, act as if you would be ready to defend yourself against anyone (but still follow the rule in step one, that is, bother no one when walking in open territory). When someone chooses a victim to attack, they will look for a weaker opponent because they want to win the fight of course, so do not act like the weaker opponent even if you would be.

Step 3. We now come to those situations when someone has bothered you. You are now required to destroy your agitator (can you say that? my english is not 100%) or more preferably destroy the threat. Let's say that someone comes up to you and start harassing you and that person obviously want to fight you, calmly and with confidence say something like this: "please leave me alone, I do not want any trouble with you good sir". If that doesn't work you should try to scare him not to attack you, remember this imbecile weaker creature is really pissing you off, roar at him, give him a hard push on the chest and scream: "LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!". If he's still harassing you after this, you're either dealing with a real stupid person or someone that is on some heavy drugs. You will have to read on and follow step 4.

Step 4. You are now facing a situation where you will have to deal with your attacker physically. There's an easy combo-attack that does the job for most situations. Check your pockets for anything you can throw, a pair of keys or a cellphone perhaps. Pick it up and throw it at the attackers face, this will distract him from his groin area where you directly after the throw give him a nice kick in the groin (let's face it, in 99.999999999% of the cases the attacker will be a man) and he will be out of combat long enough for you to make your way to safety. There are two exceptions though:

a) If the attacker has a knife or any similar object, then skip the throw and kick, just run. There is no good defence against knifes, I know because I went to a knife-defence seminar and all I realised was that I had to get as far away from a person if he/she is pointing a knife at me.

b) If the attacker has a gun. You're pretty much fucked. Do what the attacker says and hope that you're lucky. Under no circumstances should you try to run or in any way act aggressively at a person pointing a gun at you. And you probably wouldn't if that happened anyways.

That pretty much sums up my view of what satanic self defence (or satanic combat science if you prefer to call it that) is: common sense. Self defence has very little with physical combat to do and a lot more to do with thinking before acting in my opinion. Try to follow step one, please.

#409339 - 01/19/10 08:24 AM Re: Satanic Combat Sciences? [Re: Herr_S]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: Herr_S
When someone chooses a victim to attack, they will look for a weaker opponent because they want to win the fight of course, so do not act like the weaker opponent even if you would be.

I used to be friends with a 6'8 Lithuanian guy who was pretty much a giant. He once got hit by a taser from a man in a car he was walking past. He once got attacked by a man with a car wrench, and one time which is going to prove the real exception to what you just said, he was attacked by a fat 16 year old boy whilst the Lithuanian walked with me and THREE other guys. Of course, he kicked the boy in the face and levelled him and we just carried on walking, but you would be surprised how many tough people are attacked against the odds!

I did just notice you said you are not 100% confident with English, though, so maybe just treat my post as a story, not a contradiction. Perhaps you meant in 'most' situations that a person attacks a weaker person. blush

Edited by Skjalandir (01/19/10 08:29 AM)
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements