Topic Options
#408878 - 01/15/10 02:53 PM Introduction
Yakkub Offline

Loc: Maine, United States
Greetings coopdevil
Three years ago I read the Satanic Bible, and within its pages saw a mirror. Most of my life I've been an atheist, but I'd no idea my beliefs fit so perfectly with an established religion. Since then, I've researched LaVeyan thought by both experiencing life as an awakened Satanist and reading as much as possible about the Church of Satan. I've just finished The Satanic Scriptures by Peter H. Gilmore, and I'm currently reading The Satanic Witch by Anton LaVey (whenever I get a break from my studies).
Though not an official member, I hope to join the Church of Satan in the very near future (the current affairs of my life take precedence over the symbolic act of joining). I've not met any self-identifying Satanists in my community, and so I hope to have many enjoyable and enlightening conversations from that viewpoint here.

I am a Sagittarius, an ENTP on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, an existential nihilist, a hedonist, and an actor.

Edited by Yakkub (01/15/10 02:54 PM)
We don't need them any more!
-Anton LaVey

#408888 - 01/15/10 03:44 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Yakkub]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

(the current affairs of my life take precedence over the symbolic act of joining)

Handling and dealing with your life first is the Satanic thing to do.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#408891 - 01/15/10 04:03 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Yakkub]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Great little introduction.

It is not necessary to broadcast the doings of one's personal life. And in this short introduction you have demonstrated that you are a Satanist by nature.

Welcome to the forums.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#408892 - 01/15/10 04:15 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Yakkub]
Lust Offline

It is a pleasure to make your virtual acquaintance, Yakkub.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#408898 - 01/15/10 05:38 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Yakkub]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Welcome aboard!

Wonderful introduction Yakkub!

If that picture is you, I swear you look familiar.

There's a twin of yours somewhere around here where I live. grin

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#408981 - 01/16/10 02:46 PM Re: Introduction [Re: LordofDarkness]
Yakkub Offline

Thank you. I think I'll have fun here. Hail Satan!

As for a twin in Tennessee? Not that I know of! However, all things are possible. smile
-Anton LaVey

#408992 - 01/16/10 06:14 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Yakkub]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Yeah theres a guy I used to know whos name is Clint.

He looks like you in a way.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#409326 - 01/19/10 07:06 AM Re: Introduction [Re: LordofDarkness]
Yakkub Offline

Hm. Interesting.

On another note, I love your signature/display name! smile Legend was one of my favourite movies growing up- I think Tim Curry's role was one of my earliest exposures to Satanic philosophy.

"The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity- dreams are my... specialty." -The Lord of Darkness, Legend
-Anton LaVey

Forum Stats
12157 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements