Topic Options
#409429 - 01/19/10 08:32 PM Introduction
Melly Offline

Loc: Toronto Area
Howdy ya'll. My name is Melody/Mel/Melly/etc (any one of those is fine). I'm 19 years old and in my second year of university at the moment, though I do hold a bar job back in my hometown. I am not a registered member, as I need that $200 for books and art supplies, so unfortunately becoming a registered member of the Church of Satan is not a priority right now, and probably won't be for a number of years. I have a wonderful boyfriend, a loving family and incredibly understanding friends. I'm really friendly and sweet (I think anyway) and am very rarely on the serious side, but I will make an honest effort to leave my sillies elsewhere when participating in discussions here.

I have been shying away from my family's 'lazy' Anglican upbringing and unknowingly towards a LeVayen mind-set from a rather young age. My knowledge of this was non-existent as I live in hick-town and had very slow dial-up (as a matter of fact, we still have slow dial-up). It was not until I was 16 years old and doing a project in, of all things, a Catholic high school religion class, did I stumble across the concept of LeVayen Satanism. Upon reading through the website and getting my hands on a copy of the Satanic bible, I realized this was for me. My priorities, mind-set and general way of life meshed so perfectly it was almost a little shocking (just an fyi, I ended up doing my religion project on LeVayen Satanism and 98%. I lost marks because I did not provide enough graphics. I was too excited for graphics). Shortly after doing this project, as well as more research and thinking, I decided to identify myself as a LeVayen Satanist.

I put off joining this forum for over a year, as I felt incredibly intimated. It was not until recently that I gained a lot more confidence, maturity, and tact (in both the online and read world); I feel like I could be a productive member here because of this.

I look forward to having meaningful discussions and meeting new friends with similar ways of life.

Ha-HA thank you for reading the wall of text.

Edited by Melly (01/19/10 08:42 PM)

#409434 - 01/19/10 09:06 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Melly]
MadSeason Offline

Loc: Bay Area , Northern Californi...
Hail Melody

Thank you for the welcome in my intro post and welcome to the forums

MadSeason

#409439 - 01/19/10 09:18 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Melly]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
but I will make an honest effort to leave my sillies elsewhere when participating in discussions here.

No please don't! I can't speak for everybody else but I love good humor.

#409440 - 01/19/10 09:20 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Melly]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

A bit lengthy, but a good introduction. If your avatar is any indication of what you look like in real life, you look quite familiar. Are you Italian by any chance? wink

Oh, and not to be rude, but "LaVeyan Satanist" is a little redundant. It is a common mistake amongst newcomers, and a somewhat understandable one. Doktor LaVey was the first person to self-apply the term Satanist; before it was merely an epithet used by Christians against other Christians and Jews. So, it follows that he and his church have "dibs" on the name.

In short, there is only one form of Satanism, and it is the form you are referring to.

I look forward to reading more from you.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#409449 - 01/19/10 10:10 PM Re: Introduction [Re: NapalmNick]
Melly Offline

@Unknown;
Well I'll have to keep it at a moderate level now won't I~

@NapalmNick;
Oh lol, no. I'm Mohawk, but that is a fairly recent picture (mid-December I think). I need a new picture.

And I was unaware! Thank you for that information, and also the welcome. C:

#409450 - 01/19/10 10:16 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Melly]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Mohawk? Now that's a little more exotic. The more the better. wink

You seem to be a very delightful girl. I echo the sentiment of Unknown; we need all the humor we can get. We Satanists are fierce yes, but we are also many other pleasant things. wink

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#409453 - 01/19/10 10:23 PM Re: Introduction [Re: NapalmNick]
Melly Offline

Thank you, you guys are so sweet. I love it here already. laugh

#409469 - 01/20/10 01:23 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Melly]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I have a wonderful boyfriend, a loving family and incredibly understanding friends. I'm really friendly and sweet <<

So... aside from this wonderful boyfriend, loving family, you being really sweet, and the general fact that life is just peachy...

What I want to know is what is this hidden side of you that your friends have to be so "incredibly understanding" about?

grin grin grin

Welcome to the forums.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#409500 - 01/20/10 10:21 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Melly Offline

I uh, am really moody. Also I switched my birth control recently so I've more moody than usual, and they've been very understanding about the whole myself crying on everything-thing.

They're probably about as understanding as the average person, but if I were friends with myself, I wouldn't be. :0

Ahah, thank you.

#409509 - 01/20/10 11:29 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Melly]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Glad to see that you've decided to take the plunge and join the forum. There's a wealth of knowledge and information here... especially downstairs. wink

Welcome aboard!

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#409541 - 01/20/10 04:59 PM Re: Introduction [Re: JustinR]
SteelAndStone Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Melly
I uh, am really moody. Also I switched my birth control recently so I've more moody than usual, and they've been very understanding about the whole myself crying on everything-thing.

They're probably about as understanding as the average person, but if I were friends with myself, I wouldn't be. :0

IMO, if you acknowledge and appreciate your family and friends' support, and if you, in turn, are willing to support them in a similar manner when necessary, I see no reason why they should NOT be supportive of you. What are family and friends for?

Moody you may be, but you are also an intelligent, productive citizen with solid relationships and a definite idea of what you want in life and how to get it. You go to school, you work, and you have the good sense not to spend $200 you cannot currently afford. Sounds to me like excellent qualities in a potential friend, even with the moodiness thrown in.

Just my two cents. But I'm forgetting my manners. Welcome! jack

The Book of Steel and Stone

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406130 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements