Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#409489 - 01/20/10 07:22 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: Melly]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Take an old Crysler badge off a car at the dump and wear it upside down on a bit of string.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#409495 - 01/20/10 09:33 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: Skjalandir]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
I have already spent quite a few dollars on literature by CoS members (not just the works by Dr. LaVey). I would also like a few items from the Emporium at some point. I don't know exactly where all that money goes and how it is spent later on (and I don't want to start a gossip thread about that, either)--but regardless, it all comes down to supporting the CoS, even if it's a few individual members and not the organization as a whole.

I do understand the reason for affiliating and I intend to do so when I have the financial means.

#409498 - 01/20/10 09:46 AM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: M.D. Roche]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Let me place this in perspective, and I am not addressing you in particular.

Does anyone here have a favorite band? Do you purchase their CD's and DVD's? Do you attend their concerts? How much do you pay for that? Before doing so, do you contact them to find out exactly where the money is going? Do you start rumors about it when you don't receive a detailed answer?

How about purchasing items at a retail store? Do you question the cashier as to the nature of the price of goods, and exactly how the monies are distributed?

This has gone on long enough here.

No one is forced to join. The fee is nominal. Take it or leave it.

End of story.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#409511 - 01/20/10 12:12 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: M.D. Roche]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
I do understand the reason for affiliating and I intend to do so when I have the financial means.

No you don't.

You asked a question and made pure speculation on your ignorance. If you had truly understood why members affiliate then you wouldn't have done such a thing. Stop trying to cover your ass!

#409516 - 01/20/10 01:08 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: Unknown]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
I wouldn't care where the money goes to as long as $200 is sufficient for The Church of Satan.

I want them to recognize my appreciation for their existence and how much of an impact they have on my life.

It is also a contribution to keep them going if they ever need that money.

I want to be a member because I support The Church of Satan and I want to pay my respects to Anton LaVey. (R.I.P. Anton!)

Being a member is my way of doing that.

Even if they don't need the money, I still would like to give them the $200 for membership.

So... Here I am waiting for a response. laugh

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#409536 - 01/20/10 02:40 PM Re: My membership is almost here! [Re: Unknown]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
No you don't.

You asked a question and made pure speculation on your ignorance. If you had truly understood why members affiliate then you wouldn't have done such a thing. Stop trying to cover your ass!

That's totally unnecessary. I hope you feel like a real big shot now.

Magister Phineas pretty much summed all of this up perfectly, there's nothing left to discuss. Thread locked.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43993 Topics
406093 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements