Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#410847 - 01/31/10 09:31 PM Re: "The Satanic Witch": useful to males? [Re: ArtAche86]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
I swear that sounds like some movie pitch.

#411392 - 02/06/10 05:28 AM Re: "The Satanic Witch": useful to males? [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Drakkar Tyrannis
A man would be a fool not to see how valuable the book is to Satanists regardless of gender.

Still, "The Satanic Warlock" is a book worth writing if anyone has material and ambition for it. Might want to include the gay male side of things.

#411418 - 02/06/10 11:22 AM Re: "The Satanic Witch": useful to males? [Re: Machismo]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Originally Posted By: RealityPrinciple
Might want to include the gay male side of things.

A book has already been written by an (ex)CoS member about homosexuality from a third side perspective. I'm not sure how much it has to do with lesser magic, though. I think it's just commentary on gay culture.

#411430 - 02/06/10 02:29 PM Re: "The Satanic Witch": useful to males? [Re: M.D. Roche]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: MALFORM
A book has already been written by an (ex)CoS member about homosexuality from a third side perspective. I'm not sure how much it has to do with lesser magic, though. I think it's just commentary on gay culture.

Looks like a book my gay cousin would like. He hates effeminate guys. Wants his lovers to be virile. Freddie Mercury was the same way, from what I hear. This is one of the many topics a "Satanic Warlock" book could get into.

#411441 - 02/06/10 04:19 PM Re: "The Satanic Witch": useful to males? [Re: Machismo]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
LaVey's books fill in all the areas on Satanism that we need. Other respected Satanists have written books that enrich us and add fuel to our fires. For anyone other than him to write 'The Satanic Warlock' would be an injustice, and if he had wanted to have written it he would have.

Just my opinion, but if you think something is really lacking in Satanic literature and you want to write an essay on it, go ahead and see if it becomes a recommended piece in the world of Satanism. This 'there should be' talk keeps making me think 'well who, exactly, do you want to write it?'.

Do it yourself and see if you are recognized for original and breakthrough Satanic thought.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#411454 - 02/06/10 06:16 PM Re: "The Satanic Witch": useful to males? [Re: Skjalandir]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Skjalandir
LaVey's books fill in all the areas on Satanism that we need. Other respected Satanists have written books that enrich us and add fuel to our fires. For anyone other than him to write 'The Satanic Warlock' would be an injustice, and if he had wanted to have written it he would have.

I agree with all of that except the part about injustice, but one man's homage is another man's plagiarism, I guess. Would you react as strongly if another title was used for the same idea?

Quote:
Just my opinion, but if you think something is really lacking in Satanic literature and you want to write an essay on it, go ahead and see if it becomes a recommended piece in the world of Satanism.

I suck at writing. I'm too concise because I never have lots of things to say about something. I have one thing to say, say it, and shut up. Works for message board posting, but that's all.

Quote:
This 'there should be' talk keeps making me think 'well who, exactly, do you want to write it?'.

Someone other than me. jack

But seriously, my level of emotion around this idea is pretty low. I was just thinking out loud about something that would be cool if it existed. "Should be" is too strong. "Want" is too strong. But someone who's casting about for something cool to write about might be into this idea and run with it, adding something good to the world. If someone takes this all the way to publishing, I'll be a paying customer.

#411509 - 02/07/10 03:32 AM Re: "The Satanic Witch": useful to males? [Re: Machismo]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
I agree with all of that except the part about injustice, but one man's homage is another man's plagiarism, I guess. Would you react as strongly if another title was used for the same idea?

Well it would be such a strong title that it would have to out do 'The Satanic Witch', which is already massivly influential to males and females alike, and it could only really be written by one person, because he really did have a devilish hand at writing.

Quote:
I suck at writing. I'm too concise because I never have lots of things to say about something. I have one thing to say, say it, and shut up. Works for message board posting, but that's all.

Point taken. No shame in that.

Quote:
But someone who's casting about for something cool to write about might be into this idea and run with it, adding something good to the world. If someone takes this all the way to publishing, I'll be a paying customer.

I agree with that part, and that's what my post was trying to suggest to you, but as you said, 'want' is too strong so it isn't as important a point now.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements