Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#409580 - 01/21/10 02:50 AM The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism.
Unknown Offline
Unknown

It occured to me that I originally wrote this review several months back in the books section of the board and figured it'd be suitable to re-post it here as well. I hope my review is an enjoyable read for those who have not read it yet.

The Fire From Within
Nemo on Satanism Volume One

I have just finished reading one of the best books ever written on the subject of Satanism. Magister Nemo is an example to Satanists the world over.

When I first received his book I admit I was a bit skeptical because it appeared to be small and thin, simply not what I am used to when reading a book. Yet Magus Gilmore was speaking the truth in the foreword when he states that we as readers “are in for a rare treat”. Rare treat indeed! If you frequent the message board Letters to the Devil then you know what I am talking about as Nemo has left the board with some of the most thought provoking replies and posts. Here are some chapters that I felt were personally significant to me:

1.) The book opens with Nemo’s essay Recognizing Pseudo-Satanism where he clears up misconceptions between authentic Satanism and the pseudo-satanists that may slip under the radar of those not paying attention. His writing style is flawless and as refreshing to read as it was the first time I read this essay on the Church of Satan’s official web-site. Truly an important essay not to be over looked!

2.) His second chapter, The Purpose of Life was one of the most inspirational essays that spoke directly to my life. In this chapter you will get a sense of just how vital it is to have fun in life. I admit this chapter was a real eye opener for me and caused me to sit back and re-examine my life and ask some serious questions. This chapter holds significant importance for me and I am sure many others have and will continue to benefit from reading it.

3.) The Devil You Say? was an absolute pleasure to read. It was hilariously accurate and offers perspective from a third sided angle that I have not yet honestly considered. It offers a teaching of what it means to behind your own eyes. WWSD?

4.) While I have dabbled in Greater Magic and have done my fair share of ritual experimentation as laid out in The Satanic Bible I still look for new avenues to explore and implement. Magister Nemo explores very important concepts in his book on the subject of sorcery but the one chapter that I enjoyed the most was, Whose There. There are unknown aspects to Satanic Ritual and Magister Nemo is well experienced in exploring them. This chapter speaks of it.

5.) If Satanism were a map and it gave you direct routes to you goals, wants, and desires in life, would you give a damn if anybody else read or used it? Nemo offers insight as to just why Satanism is a religion for the individual and not of the masses in his chapter Self-Sufficiency and Satanism. I personally enjoyed this chapter because there are ways to implement Satanism in life and nobody knows your own life better than you!

6.) Finally the chapter that broke me into tears and truly gave rare insight into the kind of man Anton LaVey was, I Remember The Doctor. This chapter though short captured the personality, depth, and wisdom of just who Anton LaVey was. He was a man of mystery, depth, kindness, and a real showman!

I felt Nemo’s entire book was good but these were just some of the chapters I enjoyed the most as they spoke to me.

If there is even a spark of the Black Flame within you then Nemo’s book will truly rekindle that spark into a dynamic force of a furnace!

Unknown

Edited by Unknown (01/21/10 12:41 PM)

#426914 - 07/19/10 01:26 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Unknown]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

That sounds amazing. I'll be sure to buy it once I have disposable income again.
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#427044 - 07/20/10 01:54 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
Waya Offline
CoS Member

This book was once sold here. I need to order me another copy once its available again.
Keep your eyes peeled.

"We are superior, and are superior not by ethnic means, but by the superior force of the will -- the imagination, the creativity, and the very essence of resourcefulness, and survival, that is the heart and the very soul of the Satanist."
~Anton LaVey

#427054 - 07/20/10 02:13 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Waya]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
It should be available on the Emporium again quite soon! I am just working out some details and I will have it back up as soon as possible! You should see the listing for it on the Emporium in a day or two, though it will show out of stock until it is ready for sale.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#437131 - 11/05/10 11:09 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Magister Frost]
Hedonist Offline

Loc: Australia
I too would love to get a copy of this book and would buy it in a heartbeat if it was available again.

Just from reading this excellent review, it may hold the keys to a few significant areas that I wish to further explore and define for myself..

HS! coopdevil

#449340 - 04/12/11 09:38 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Unknown]
Paistemage Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
I have to say I bought this book. It is very well written. I very much enjoyed his essays on "Batman," and his exhaustive essay on firearms.

#449345 - 04/12/11 10:12 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Unknown]
Paistemage Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
I loved his essays on "Batman," and ammunition for firearms.
A good read, highly recommended.

#451318 - 05/05/11 06:00 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Unknown]
Citizen_HHG Offline
CoS Member

Loc: the Netherlands
Great review, loved reading it.

But unfortunally I missed this book as I have been on a rather long "sabbatical". And I have been missing a lot more... sleep as I browse through these pages, damn. cry

I am happy that I found both books by Magister Rose and Magister Svengali as they are and will be my favorite thinkers/writers.

Back on topic; hope that it will see a reprint soon.... Magister Frost??

Citizen_HHG

www.churchofsatan.com
www.vampiretemple.com

#451836 - 05/12/11 09:13 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Citizen_HHG]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Great review, loved reading it.

Thanks!

I am glad that you enjoyed it. Also every once in awhile Magister Frost has a copy available in his ebay auctions. I am not quite sure if he has any copies left but keep your eyes open.

Take care!

#454342 - 06/18/11 10:55 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Unknown]
Coyote Offline

Loc: Nevada
I just finished reading this book and I gotta say it was a great book and every chapter put me deep in thought. I'm not a firearms expert but I do have a small collection. Magister Nemo's essays on firearms made alot of sense to me. And, I don't drink alot but when I do drink a beer I use a glass now and it does taste better. Thanks Magister Nemo.

If you haven't read this book I recommend you make it a priority. It was such a good book I plan on reading it a second time.

#478504 - 08/09/12 10:17 AM Available once Again! [Re: Unknown]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Now is your chance. Do not miss it!

Nemo On Satanism Vol. 1

#478506 - 08/09/12 10:53 AM Re: Available once Again! [Re: Unknown]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
I have been waiting for this one. I made the order as fast as the fiber-optic lines would let me. Thank you very much, for posting this.

#478513 - 08/09/12 01:14 PM Re: Available once Again! [Re: Unknown]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

Placed day before yesterday. Patiently waiting... grin

#478550 - 08/09/12 11:36 PM Re: Available once Again! [Re: Unknown]
Dax9 Online

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
I also just ordered my signed copy late Tuesday night. I am really looking forward to receiving Magister Nemo's classic because I don't believe I have read any of the essays.

It's going to be a quick, fun read -- most probably in one sitting!

HS!

coopdevil

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#478567 - 08/10/12 11:13 AM Re: Available once Again! [Re: Dax9]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Well of course the 3 on the Church of Satan website are there. He did just write a new one so take a gander and enjoy.

Simplifying Atheism-My View.

#478568 - 08/10/12 11:17 AM Re: Available once Again! [Re: Psychotherapeut]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Excellent! You will not be disappointed.

#479134 - 08/20/12 12:37 PM Re: Available once Again! [Re: Unknown]
de_Lioncourt Offline
CoS Member

I ordered my signed copy also!! smile

#480886 - 09/22/12 12:38 AM Re: Available once Again! [Re: Unknown]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Thank you once again for this very kind review of my book on its initial release as well as posting about its re-issue at this time as well.

I should also mention that those who wish to order a copy also now have the option to have me inscribe something for them and sign it.

#480951 - 09/23/12 07:56 AM Re: Available once Again! [Re: Nemo]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

You are welcome Magister Nemo!

tiki tiki

#490064 - 06/18/13 08:24 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Unknown]
Immanuel Teuffel Offline

Is this book available for sale in electronic format? (PDF)

#490495 - 07/13/13 10:44 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Immanuel Teuffel]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:
Is this book available for sale in electronic format? (PDF)

Not at this time. However in its present softcover form it is possible for me to inscribe and sign it. Not something I could do with a digital copy.

#490557 - 07/17/13 11:19 AM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Nemo]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
I have my signed copy. It feels special to have a book signed. HS!HT!

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

#490560 - 07/17/13 01:27 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Azeri]
Janina Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Center of my own Universe
Cause Magister Nemo amongst few other vice Satanists have offered his deep perspective to many Satanic discussions we have had on Internet, it is obvious that I have to get this book to myself as soon as possible!

#490565 - 07/17/13 09:58 PM Re: The Fire From Within: Nemo On Satanism. [Re: Janina]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Thank you, Janina. Those are very kind words.

If you do order my book I hope you will enjoy it at least as much as I did in writing it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Quaark 

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404436 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements