Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#409625 - 01/21/10 05:09 PM Biblical References on Military Scopes
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA

#409626 - 01/21/10 05:20 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

Loc: In a book
I saw that Stephen Colbert talked about in his recent show.
messed up stuff.

edit
stephen colbert on guns with bible references (canada)

Stephen colbert on guns with bible references (United States)

Edited by CloneHigh (01/21/10 05:27 PM)

#409627 - 01/21/10 05:21 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I read somewhere that by putting those biblical references on the gun scopes, they're strengthening the beliefs of Islamists that they're fighting a Holy War.

Onward Christian soldiers! vomit

#409629 - 01/21/10 05:34 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Original Sly]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I never noticed them on my scope. They could put a damn cross on it for all I care, as long as it does not screw up my shooting.

#409631 - 01/21/10 05:38 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

Its almost microscopic see CNN link in first post.
Its generally unnoticeable but highly politically incorrect.

#409632 - 01/21/10 05:50 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: SomethingLikEvil
They could put a damn cross on it for all I care, as long as it does not screw up my shooting.

I thought the cross in your scope was what helped you shoot straight? wink

#409633 - 01/21/10 05:50 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Eclipsed_Cosmos]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:
Its generally unnoticeable but highly politically incorrect

If we spent more time killing the enemy during a war and less time worrying about pissing them off or hurting their feelings, we might actually win one of these things. I doubt that Islamic extremists are going to become more of a threat due to an obscure, barely noticeable scripture reference. To them, this already is a Holy War - it's called Jihad.

The decision to remove these markings should not be a PC move, but a Constitutional one. That's in a perfect world, though.

Edited by Poetaster (01/21/10 05:51 PM)
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#409635 - 01/21/10 05:54 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Delta]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I suppose a Star of David would be overkill, target-centering-wise? wink

And an OM symbol would just be damn useless! grin

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#409636 - 01/21/10 05:56 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Poetaster]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

I agree with you fully however we unfortunately share this world with many irrational beings.

Besides we cant wage a holy war on their holy war can we LMAO.

#409637 - 01/21/10 06:02 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Eclipsed_Cosmos]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

The Irony is the Monothiestic god is waging a holy war on his holy war.

What an irational world we live in.

#409638 - 01/21/10 06:05 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Poetaster]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Poetaster

If we spent more time killing the enemy during a war and less time worrying about pissing them off or hurting their feelings, we might actually win one of these things. I doubt that Islamic extremists are going to become more of a threat due to an obscure, barely noticeable scripture reference. To them, this already is a Holy War - it's called Jihad.

The decision to remove these markings should not be a PC move, but a Constitutional one.

Exactly! Bravo! I completely agree with everything that you said above.

The only reason that we should remove those markings is because the U.S. should not be considered a “Christian country”. Not because we’re afraid of pissing off our enemies.

Edited by John Prophet (01/21/10 06:07 PM)

#409640 - 01/21/10 06:21 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:
I never noticed them on my scope. They could put a damn cross on it for all I care, as long as it does not screw up my shooting.

Hahaha, love it!

#409642 - 01/21/10 06:23 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Now if they'd only put the pseudo-verse on featured in "Pulp Fiction." coopdevil

HS!

Undercroft

#409646 - 01/21/10 06:25 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Quaark]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Damn. I think you just gave me an idea. Next scope I buy I'm going to have the cross-hairs be a custom-made Sigil of Baphomet! grin

coopdevil

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#409657 - 01/21/10 07:35 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: NapalmNick]
Liberterius Offline

Blah. Things like this are why we need separation of church and state. And Sigils of Baphomet cross-hairs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11890 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements