Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#409625 - 01/21/10 05:09 PM Biblical References on Military Scopes
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA

#409626 - 01/21/10 05:20 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

Loc: In a book
I saw that Stephen Colbert talked about in his recent show.
messed up stuff.

edit
stephen colbert on guns with bible references (canada)

Stephen colbert on guns with bible references (United States)

Edited by CloneHigh (01/21/10 05:27 PM)

#409627 - 01/21/10 05:21 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I read somewhere that by putting those biblical references on the gun scopes, they're strengthening the beliefs of Islamists that they're fighting a Holy War.

Onward Christian soldiers! vomit

#409629 - 01/21/10 05:34 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Original Sly]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I never noticed them on my scope. They could put a damn cross on it for all I care, as long as it does not screw up my shooting.

#409631 - 01/21/10 05:38 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

Its almost microscopic see CNN link in first post.
Its generally unnoticeable but highly politically incorrect.

#409632 - 01/21/10 05:50 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: SomethingLikEvil
They could put a damn cross on it for all I care, as long as it does not screw up my shooting.

I thought the cross in your scope was what helped you shoot straight? wink

#409633 - 01/21/10 05:50 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Eclipsed_Cosmos]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:
Its generally unnoticeable but highly politically incorrect

If we spent more time killing the enemy during a war and less time worrying about pissing them off or hurting their feelings, we might actually win one of these things. I doubt that Islamic extremists are going to become more of a threat due to an obscure, barely noticeable scripture reference. To them, this already is a Holy War - it's called Jihad.

The decision to remove these markings should not be a PC move, but a Constitutional one. That's in a perfect world, though.

Edited by Poetaster (01/21/10 05:51 PM)
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#409635 - 01/21/10 05:54 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Delta]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I suppose a Star of David would be overkill, target-centering-wise? wink

And an OM symbol would just be damn useless! grin

#409636 - 01/21/10 05:56 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Poetaster]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

I agree with you fully however we unfortunately share this world with many irrational beings.

Besides we cant wage a holy war on their holy war can we LMAO.

#409637 - 01/21/10 06:02 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Eclipsed_Cosmos]
Eclipsed_Cosmos Offline

The Irony is the Monothiestic god is waging a holy war on his holy war.

What an irational world we live in.

#409638 - 01/21/10 06:05 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Poetaster]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Poetaster

If we spent more time killing the enemy during a war and less time worrying about pissing them off or hurting their feelings, we might actually win one of these things. I doubt that Islamic extremists are going to become more of a threat due to an obscure, barely noticeable scripture reference. To them, this already is a Holy War - it's called Jihad.

The decision to remove these markings should not be a PC move, but a Constitutional one.

Exactly! Bravo! I completely agree with everything that you said above.

The only reason that we should remove those markings is because the U.S. should not be considered a “Christian country”. Not because we’re afraid of pissing off our enemies.

Edited by John Prophet (01/21/10 06:07 PM)

#409640 - 01/21/10 06:21 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:
I never noticed them on my scope. They could put a damn cross on it for all I care, as long as it does not screw up my shooting.

Hahaha, love it!

#409642 - 01/21/10 06:23 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Now if they'd only put the pseudo-verse on featured in "Pulp Fiction." coopdevil

HS!

Undercroft

#409646 - 01/21/10 06:25 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Quaark]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Damn. I think you just gave me an idea. Next scope I buy I'm going to have the cross-hairs be a custom-made Sigil of Baphomet! grin

coopdevil

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#409657 - 01/21/10 07:35 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: NapalmNick]
Liberterius Offline

Blah. Things like this are why we need separation of church and state. And Sigils of Baphomet cross-hairs.

#409658 - 01/21/10 07:35 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
TheAbysmal Offline

There's nothing a Dremel tool can't fix! laugh

Refuse to die.

#409661 - 01/21/10 07:50 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Quaark]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Originally Posted By: Daark
I suppose a Star of David would be overkill, target-centering-wise? wink

And an OM symbol would just be damn useless! grin

I just feel sorry for O.T.O. soldiers, yet another problem with Crowley.

Attachments
fromiraqtokilltroops.jpg

#409663 - 01/21/10 07:51 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Delta]
Liberterius Offline

HA...thats good.... XD

#409671 - 01/21/10 08:58 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Liberterius]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

We already have separation of church and state. Sure, the vast majority of American politicians (and by extension their voters) are some brand of Christian, but you cannot say with much confidence that there exists a Church of America! wink

The USA's stance of secularism is the reason why there are so many denominations in the first place. Of course, these same people (the anti-secular Christians) who equate secularism with atheism are retards. They will most likely point to the old USSR and all the naughty things they did. But the USSR was not secular; it was officially atheist. Secular simply means the government has NO say on religious practice whatsoever.

As far as this Bible shit on the scopes, I really don't give a shit.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#409702 - 01/22/10 12:20 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
The funny thing is probably nobody would notice it unless they are pointed to the fact. Practically every piece of modern equipment has cryptic numbers and letters carved on it. I would think it was a part number.

#409707 - 01/22/10 12:35 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
SteelAndStone Offline

Loc: California
Personally, I don't care for the idea of putting Bible references on standard military equipment. But if it doesn't bother a Satanist serving in Iraq, I'm not going to kick up a fuss about it when my ass is sitting safe at home.

Besides... is it not fitting, in a way, that an instrument of death, used in war, bears references to the Holy Book of a death-centered cult that has started who knows how many wars?

The Book of Steel and Stone

#409719 - 01/22/10 05:07 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SteelAndStone]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
I couldn't have said it better myself.

It's funny how the three major religions are the ones who believe so dearly that the best part of being a human life is death...

And yet Satanists are the ones getting the bad rapp.

Edited by TECHNO (01/22/10 05:10 AM)
Edit Reason: Syntax error.

#409745 - 01/22/10 09:39 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: TECHNO]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
"Live is evil spelled backwards." grin

Undercroft

#409816 - 01/23/10 01:49 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Isn't this just another way that 'christians' try to force their god down everyones throats? The gun company may have been putting references on weapons for over two decades but someone must have thought of it, approved it and made it happen. If this can be done on guns what else are they inserting their little messages onto?

I get really angry when l hear how cunning christians can be. They would be feeling nice and smug thinking that every weapon going to war has a little part of their bible going too, l can just imagine how many heavenly riches they think they are storing up, collecting good guy badges! It makes me sick that they feel so scared and vulnerable that they have to force people to listen to them and their god.

Being in Australia and only ever hearing what goes on in the world second hand, unless it is of interest to me, l don't know a lot about the war in the middle east. It seems like so many wars have been religiously motivated, imagine if we only had wars that were fought over real things. Land and resources, not turning wars into religious wars to serve their own purposes!

I am going through an angry stage at the moment, the more l learn about the history of the world the more l can understand why Satanism was so necessary. I'm angry that a group of Romans could cause so much havock by enforcing christianity and angry at how the world just follows. I guess l get angry at the herd mentality. I totally agree with Anton LaVey wanting to expose christianity for what it really is, a lie!

Maybe l am angry at myself for taking so long to realise that l am a Satanist. I spent a lot of my life trying unsuccessfully to be a 'good' person according to christian laws (trying not to sin), l ended up physically sick. To get my health back l had to have a good hard look at myself and look at who l was and what l wanted. This is what led me eventually to find TSB, and to realise that l had been a 'good' person, a good Satanic person!

Sorry for getting off the track with all that but my point was that it makes me angry what christians will stoop to, to push their god onto people. vomit

Hail Satan Forever!
Midnight - The best time to live! devilchili

#409818 - 01/23/10 01:59 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

If the company has, as it claims, been doing this for twenty years, what does it say about the effectiveness of doing so - it has taken this long for this to be noticed?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#409832 - 01/23/10 06:06 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Midnight]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Midnight
Isn't this just another way that 'christians' try to force their god down everyones throats? The gun company may have been putting references on weapons for over two decades but someone must have thought of it, approved it and made it happen. If this can be done on guns what else are they inserting their little messages onto?

I get really angry when l hear how cunning christians can be. They would be feeling nice and smug thinking that every weapon going to war has a little part of their bible going too, l can just imagine how many heavenly riches they think they are storing up, collecting good guy badges! It makes me sick that they feel so scared and vulnerable that they have to force people to listen to them and their god.

Being in Australia and only ever hearing what goes on in the world second hand, unless it is of interest to me, l don't know a lot about the war in the middle east. It seems like so many wars have been religiously motivated, imagine if we only had wars that were fought over real things. Land and resources, not turning wars into religious wars to serve their own purposes!

I am going through an angry stage at the moment, the more l learn about the history of the world the more l can understand why Satanism was so necessary. I'm angry that a group of Romans could cause so much havock by enforcing christianity and angry at how the world just follows. I guess l get angry at the herd mentality. I totally agree with Anton LaVey wanting to expose christianity for what it really is, a lie!

Maybe l am angry at myself for taking so long to realise that l am a Satanist. I spent a lot of my life trying unsuccessfully to be a 'good' person according to christian laws (trying not to sin), l ended up physically sick. To get my health back l had to have a good hard look at myself and look at who l was and what l wanted. This is what led me eventually to find TSB, and to realise that l had been a 'good' person, a good Satanic person!

Sorry for getting off the track with all that but my point was that it makes me angry what christians will stoop to, to push their god onto people. vomit

Hail Satan Forever!
Midnight - The best time to live! devilchili

Honestly, calm down. Christianity is in its last gasp, evidenced by all the fire the churches are currently under.

What I wanna know is this: how cunning are they actually when I am sure nobody in the Armed Forces have noticed these numbers for what they are? There are a zillion numbers on scopes, so it is not like it would be easy to identify or anything.

If I have learned anything it is this: some shit is just not worth getting up in arms about, and this is one of those things.

#409839 - 01/23/10 07:12 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Is that what they mean by "hellfire"?

I'm sure there are some bible verses that even a Satanist wouldn't mind having on his boom stick. Delightfully morbid book, full of death, destruction, blood, burning, weeping and gnashing of teeth. Something in there would probably be appropriate. Even Christians don't use those quotes in context, why should anyone else?

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#409846 - 01/23/10 08:26 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: MissMina1556]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Do people who are about to kill somebody need a reminder of a god that asks you to forgive your enemies?

I'd go with something that said "Shoot the bastard, if he gets up shoot him again" smile

#409847 - 01/23/10 08:32 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: verszou]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: verszou
Do people who are about to kill somebody need a reminder of a god that asks you to forgive your enemies?

It's strange itself, that biblical reference is on the riffles.

Reference to the same bible which says "you shall not kill".

#409849 - 01/23/10 09:49 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Your right and shit like this isn't worth getting up in arms about. It justs gets to me how in Australia it doesn't seem to matter what the church does wrong, people still listen!

When you say **Christianity is in its last gasp, evidenced by all the fire the churches are currently under.** I think of here in Australia...

Christian religious instruction is compulsory at my 10 yr olds school. I have to send a note to have him excused, his choice, once he knew what it was all about. Local sporting events now have pastors saying prayers before main events. Over summer there are christian holidays programs run along all the main beaches. All private schools in this area are catholic run. We have door knockers randomly call at our house to preach. Ahhhgggg!!!

Maybe l am just surrounded by too many, ...my (dickhead) boss is some sort of high elder at his church, then shortly after he started he employed one of his 'friends' who's Father-in-law is a pastor at the same church.

Maybe it's the country / farming area thing to do. We are 3 hours away from Melbourne (second largest city in Aust) so don't have a lot of their multi-cultural influences.

A business in Warrnambool (our closest major city of approx. 35,000) fought for 3 or 4 years to open an adult shop, sex toys, mags, etc. They spent heaps on court costs and finally were able to open up in the industrial area of town. I was talking to them one day about their DVD selection being a bit tame and they explained that they are legally only allowed to carry up to rated R, nothing X allowed. This is all to do with the local churches who opposed the shop to the point of legal action.

I would love to see a shake up throughout this whole area. A blissfull thought. devilchili

I am working through my anger after discovering how many lies this world lives by and the lies l was told. I am not worried about my anger because l see it as a good thing. I love the chapter in TSB on Some Evidence Of A New Satanic Age. The last of the seven deadly sins is anger. I plan on using my anger to do what l can to destroy the myths of christianity. Maybe l can help push it closer to its last gasp. It's like a side project of mine, one day when the knife has been shoved in l will help turn it. rip

Hail Satan Forever!
Midnight

#409852 - 01/23/10 11:05 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Midnight]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

Maybe a few tips taken from Magister Matt G Paradise's "The Misanthropes Survival Guide" from Bearing the Devil's Mark could help, maybe a little, the exposure of all the bullshit. I have taken some edvice from it and I rarely have to deal with people, even less than I did before, if it is possible, and still I get everything done.

#409908 - 01/23/10 10:43 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: SomethingLikEvil]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Thanks for the name of Magister Matt G Paradise's book, l am looking it up already. While l have a list l am working through this could be one to start sooner than later. I am sure l will pick up many tips.

Hail Satan Forever!
Midnight

#410437 - 01/28/10 03:58 AM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Liberterius]
Drakon Offline

Loc: SC, Myrtle Beach
How hiostory repeats itself: Killing for Christ again!

#410488 - 01/28/10 03:01 PM Re: Biblical References on Military Scopes [Re: Drakon]
BackInBlack Offline

I've been active duty in the US armed forces for the past 20 years and I've learned to block this kind of nonsense out for the most part....the important thing is that the scopes work as intended. I'm more concerned about the enemy dying for his country than what is mentioned on the equipment being used.

Edited by BackInBlack (01/28/10 03:03 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12150 Members
73 Forums
43915 Topics
405717 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements