Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#407747 - 01/05/10 06:34 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
fire_vixen Offline

I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I was just somewhat surprised that you would look at this issue in this way- that you would even consider destroying your relative for their drug abuse. I am not telling you that you are wrong, because I obviously don't know the details of your situation. If in your mind you are fully justified in destroying them, then do it. If you are fine with doing away with them, then it's all that matters.

As for me though, the way I would look at it is I wouldn't judge the person's actions while they are on hard drugs too harshly. They have made a bad decision, yes, and it is that initial bad decision, and whatever had led to it that can be blamed. Their behavior afterwards is a direct result of the drug habit, and I wouldn't take anything they say to me under the influence too seriously. I know that drugs can make people do and say crazy things! The bottom line is if the person had previously been worthy of my love and respect, then I would probably help them.
I don't know about your case, if the person you loved could have done something so horrible that they would warrant destruction. I imagine that that is indeed possible.
It is you who would make the decision.

#407769 - 01/05/10 08:40 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Skjalandir
After this you are left with a lot of emotions and you need to exorcise these out of your system, and I have come to the conclusion that the proper action here is a destruction ritual. But how many people would do this towards their mother?

I'm not sure how common this is, but have you possibly considered a hybrid compassion/destruction ritual? It seems to me that complex emotions possibly require a more complex ritual to deal with them. Such a ritual would allow you to express your rage, hatred, and disdain, as well as your sadness, love, and regret.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#407770 - 01/05/10 09:00 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
Diwanna Offline

Loc: Upland
It's kind of been said above, but I don't think that your ritual has to be one of the big 3 mentioned in TSB. In my opinion, the ritual's purpose is to focus your physical and emotional energy to achieve a goal not otherwise achievable through normal means. Now I'm not or hopefully will ever be in the difficult position you're in, but this is how I'd approach it.

Write down what is going on, what your feelings are, and what your desired end result is. Then design your own ritual expressing those emotions and feeling and what you are trying to attain. Before you even begin the ritual, I think that you will have already jumped some tough emotional hurdles.

To me, a personal/solo ritual is always more rewarding when it is something that I've come up with myself, as opposed to "point your sword here, say this, shout 5 demonic names, do this, etc." I see how the big 3 have their place especially in group settings, but I can't really focus when I am worried about what I'm doing.

Anyways, best of luck with your situation.

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#407825 - 01/06/10 01:30 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Lust]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
It's a bit early in the morning for Kung Fu innit Jim?

Edited by Skjalandir (01/06/10 02:26 PM)
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#407826 - 01/06/10 01:38 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: TrojZyr]
Skjalandir Offline

Loc: England
Indeed. I think that has wrapped the thread up. Either a hybrid-ritual or a series of rituals is the course of action, but not restricted too as there are hundreds of different choices. Obviously not my course of action, as the discussion was hypothetical and I do not find myself in this position. I just think it is good to hear wiser opinions on rituals, and I have gained some real gems of advice on here.

Hail Satan and thank you all for your thoughts.
Frighten everybody shitless
- Ian Dury

#408685 - 01/13/10 11:27 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Skjalandir]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Reply has been sent to PM

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#409654 - 01/21/10 07:30 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: LordofDarkness]
Liberterius Offline

Skjalandir...honestly what you've said in this thread disgusts me. You would report a friend or family member, that you've known and been close to for years, to the authorities for something as harmless (to you) as smoking a joint? I understand that the CoS doesn't endorse illegal activity, but if you honestly believe and act this way...I don't see how you even have any friends. 0_o

Yes drugs are obviously really bad for your health, and though possible to be used in moderation as an indulgence, are overral quite bad and I don't use any, except for occasional alcohol socially. Throwing your "friend" in jail just for them having a substance that the state declares illegal, is pathetic...are you a total automaton?
Honestly, you're one of the sorts of people that are contributing to the in so many ways worsening conditions in developed countries; arbitrarily arresting, locking up, and brutalizing people just because they make the "wrong choice" that offends the theocrats that run the state. No, not because they commited an ACTUAL crime, like say, you know, physically harming you in some way, but because they owned something that a bunch of bearucrats and nannies (you being one of the nannies clearly) don't think they should have.

If you don't wanna use drugs yourself, fine, they are often a stupid and self-destructive desicision. If you want to forbid your children from using them, and advise your friends and family not to use them, good. Even using greater magic to get them to stop is great. But being a friggin' informant for the state and throwing them in prison...? I have no respect for you.

#409655 - 01/21/10 07:31 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Liberterius]
Liberterius Offline

Seriously, make your own decisions...no one is forcing you to call the cops, you act like a gun is to your head. Why betray your spouse like that?!

#409665 - 01/21/10 08:08 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: Liberterius]
TheAbysmal Offline

It would be self indulgence.

In my estimation, it could be rational self indulgence or not.

It just depends on circumstances that may not be apparent to you or I. I think Magister Phineas' reply--the first one--says just about that.

For all you know, Skjalandir may very well be withholding information. Maybe Skjalandir's spouse invited a living hell into the marriage with drug addiction and all it entails. It can. It can even be painful enough to want to seek revenge.

On the other hand, it can be concerning enough to want to seek compassion.

Skjalandir invited the opinions of others. In that respect, yours is no worse than any others'. But, if anyone would give the opinion of another any credence, it might make sense to more carefully consider the opinions of those who demonstrably got it together.

Your remarks amount nearly to an attack, not itself a necessarily bad thing.

Magister Phineas' remarks amount to a wise scrutiny of the situation. He did not have enough information from Skjalandir, his own experience, or both to say either way for sure.

It is okay to judge. It is sometimes necessary to judge.

It is okay to have not* all the information.

It is necessary to admit it, though, to avoid incorrect judgement, when it happens or the next time it could. wink

-------
*Almost split that one!

Refuse to die.

#409667 - 01/21/10 08:19 PM Re: Using rituals in regards to drug-abuses [Re: TheAbysmal]
Liberterius Offline

With all due respect, Magister Phineas seemed to be giving his opinion only the ritual itself, not on Skjalandir's persecution of his friends and family. (which is what I was talking about)
Regarding ritual, I would say it'd probably be a compassion ritual, to help someone break an addiction, and I'm not doubting that doing something like that could the right action.

And I think I do have enough information to judge his hypothetical action; he's punishing his friends and/or family for something that isn't aggression against him.

NOW, if his friend had stabbed him in the back, and this was some sort of revenge, that MAY be different, and that would be a situation in which my judgement may be different.
But he didn't say it was anything of the sort, and in general throwing you friend in prison just because nosy bureaucrats tell you to is a horrible decision, and one worthy of attack.

#409668 - 01/21/10 08:44 PM Curious? [Re: Liberterius]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Have you ever had to deal with a family member or friend who was using illegal substances around you?

#409670 - 01/21/10 08:47 PM Re: Curious? [Re: Unknown]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

This thread has gone on long enough and is no longer serving a useful purpose. Locked.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12162 Members
73 Forums
43921 Topics
405743 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements