Topic Options
#410381 - 01/27/10 01:41 PM Satanic Environment
Drakon Offline

Loc: SC, Myrtle Beach
I often hear the lament of many Satanists that they have no room for a ritual chamber. Unless an inividual plans on having more than just a few participants in any ceremony, an actual room, while pleasing, is not truly neccessary. Most individuals do not have the luxury of setting aside a specific room only for Satanic Ritual. Keep in mind, any area, no matter how large or small can beome the perfect Satanic backdrop. The cheapest and easiest way to give a room or a small area a bit of ambiance is to purchase inexpensive black sheets. The sheets can be nailed or tacked to the wall to darken the room. So there is no need to paint a room black. I have even known people to use black garbage bags in a pinch. Even less expensive. The bags can easily be taped to the walls of the area in which one wishes to create a "chamber". The light from the candle flame bouncing onto the shiny surface of the bags creates a really cool look. This is more of an "industrial" feel and many young Satanists enjoy this decor.

Black out blinds or curtains are also a great investment. They are a bit difficult to find, and can be a bit pricier than regual blinds or curtains. But they omit any light from entering a room and if only one or two windows are in question, it is not a major investment.

An altar can be made of anything since one can easily throw a cloth, bedspread or sheet over it (black or red). Obviously if one is going to have a nude altar, then it must be strong enough to hold the participant. Otherwise the altar can be very small, more of a place of homage in which to lay the tools used in the ritual. Some even have a small nightstand or low table they utilize if space is truly limited.

Any pictures that energize the mood that is to accompany the ritual can be placed around or on the altar. Some forgo this and rely on mental images.

Swords and daggers can be found at almost any novelty beach wear store, or even at the mall. They need not be pricey at all.

The bell can be found in thrift stores, flea markets and home decor stores. Some prefer silver, I like brass.

The gong can be a bit of an investment, difficult to find and awkward to move. I found mine at an antique store and paid dearly for it. But a small gong, that emits a soothing chime can be purchased from stores such as World Market and are 1/4 as costly as their larger counterparts.

Candles can be a challenge as black candles are not common in many stores simply because many consider them associated with "evil". I stock up on mine during the Halloween season from Wal Mart. They are cheap and have a nice licorice smell. They can be ordered via online stores specializing in occult items. Just a note: I once found black candles that "bled" red...very mood setting! As for the white candle, I prefer the small tapers that are sold in stores for when the power goes out. They usually come 5 to a box and are made to burn extra long, so they usually can be reused several times. I personally prefer my white candle to be smaller in size than the black candles.

The Baphomet or Goat of Mendes-either or both can be used as the focal point. Before I got a large plaque I used my Goat of Mendes pendant as my "focal point". I simply placed in on a nail above my tiny altar in my bedroom.

Mood music is recommended. Anything from classical to black metal can be used. Movie soundtracks from horror films are perfect. Many people use "The Exorcist" or "Omen" soundtracks.

These are but a few ideas on creating your Satanic environment...

#410382 - 01/27/10 01:57 PM Re: Satanic Environment [Re: Drakon]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Unless an individual plans on having more than just a few participants in any ceremony, an actual room, while pleasing, is not truly necessary.

To some, maybe, to others it is desired, and even essential. Some have the luxury of being able to do just that. Why not thrive to better ones situation so that one is able to have such a room! wink

As to the rest of your post, thank you for the effort, but frankly, none of this is new or revealing, and has been discussed to the nth degree here and in the members only section.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#410388 - 01/27/10 03:29 PM Re: Satanic Environment [Re: Drakon]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
A few years back I wrote some articles for The Ninth Gate magazine regarding formal Satanic ritual, including a very similar examination of the tools listed in The Satanic Bible.

Though I agree with your initial point: it's really not that hard to set up some kind of altar or other ritual setting. People all too often just make lame excuses. Anybody who thinks the tools for The Satanic Bible are too challenging has obviously never read other occult books, most of which make ritual out to be more of a scavenger hunt than anything.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#410390 - 01/27/10 04:24 PM Re: Satanic Environment [Re: Drakon]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

All I need is a bed, a squishy pillow, and a dark room.

#410493 - 01/28/10 03:36 PM Re: Satanic Environment [Re: Unknown]
BackInBlack Offline

I've always been fortunate to 'stumble' across the very item I've needed for a ritual chamber or a working itself when the time was right - a moment which I've always treasured when experienced. I believe that too many people underestimate the importance of a ritual chamber and its vitality to a successful working. One should always spend a little extra in my opinion.

#410639 - 01/29/10 06:22 PM Re: Satanic Environment [Re: Bill_M]
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Indiana, USA
Excellent article sir, and my wife still sells back issues of it on that link - although the magazine is no longer being published.

Feel free to reprint here or anywhere else. (I do think I have a doc of it still somewhere buried in my files.)

I had difficulty on the plaque some years ago until I drew and had a sculptor commission one from my art (it appears on the A&E Paranormal States segment of me if you wish to visit the CoS NEWS section for Jan 2010 to watch), and I was gifted the Levi Baphomet figure you see at the end of the clip. I'm not sure if they are still being made or not anymore but I saw a smaller one on http://www.occult-shop.co.uk/baphomet%20goat%20mendes.htm.

Swords can be had at any price range depending on taste and budget, candles and holders from mundane to elaborate all over. A simple imitation black or red velvet from a fabric store for table or dresser top cover, and you have most of what you need.

Edited by WarlockNocturnum (01/29/10 06:24 PM)

"It has been said, 'the truth will make men free.' The truth alone has never made anyone free. It is only doubt which will bring mental emancipation." ~ Magus Anton Sandor LaVey

#410681 - 01/30/10 01:21 AM Re: Satanic Environment [Re: PriestNocturnum]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: WarlockNocturnum
Excellent article sir, and my wife still sells back issues of it on that link - although the magazine is no longer being published.

Thank you! And thanks for the opportunity to have published it in print. I appreciate the offer for reprinting, but I may wait to put it in a compilation book one of these days. We'll see.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12022 Members
73 Forums
43830 Topics
405250 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements