Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#410609 - 01/29/10 01:19 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: XUL]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Such occurrences says more about the people having them than lucid dreaming itself.

#410610 - 01/29/10 01:20 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Sold!

Damn you guys have the best deals. grin

#410611 - 01/29/10 01:25 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: Unknown]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Quite so. I agree.

But it still stands to reason to claim that all and any fiddling with the mechanics of the mind should be executed with caution. If you already have a discipline of "cut the crap" (as is the case with most Satanists) you are better equipped, but still not foolproof. It can be a very unsettling thing when your dreams and your reality starts to overlap in unexpected ways.

And make no mistake about this: It WILL make you somewhat crazy (or is the right word 'eccentric'?) by the normal, burgeoise standards. Once you open that door there will be no going back.

#410622 - 01/29/10 02:51 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: Unknown]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Unknown
Any teasers available?

I hope to be putting his rare and out of print "Controlling Your Dreams" workbook & cassette (and CD copy) on eBay soon.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#410659 - 01/29/10 08:30 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: Unknown]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW

If we allow the assumptions of this world to dictate us and allow our dreams to be polluted by such assumptions then we are in fact missing out a very important part of our world. Some may even say that this is the dream world.

Indeed. It is a very important part of our world, one in which we spend one-third of
our time. The ability to lucid dream and alter nightmares into pleasant dreams provides
the expectation of many nights of rest!

A refreshing reprieve from the pop-culture zombie population. zombie

#410663 - 01/29/10 08:52 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: XUL]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
But it still stands to reason to claim that all and any fiddling with the mechanics of the mind should be executed with caution.

And it is such fear that can cause you from stepping in with both feet.

Quote:
And make no mistake about this: It WILL make you somewhat crazy (or is the right word 'eccentric'?) by the normal, burgeoise standards. Once you open that door there will be no going back.

Are you speaking from experience or assumption?

#410728 - 01/30/10 01:05 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
Right...and if I may, the post you are responding to indicates someone who is not in control of their senses. Lack of control, at least in my understanding, is the opposite of lucid dreaming...being very much IN control.

Control would indicate an exercise of the will. I know that physical training can offer a great resource for this and meditation for psychological control. Would lack of control indicate a lack of will then? If so then I am curious to know what method would be best to reinforce control through the exercise of the will. In other words, what is the best way for one to strengthen their will power? I am also curious if the more physical individual has more active dream states than a passive individual.

#410733 - 01/30/10 01:59 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: XUL]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:
But it still stands to reason to claim that all and any fiddling with the mechanics of the mind should be executed with caution. If you already have a discipline of "cut the crap" (as is the case with most Satanists) you are better equipped, but still not foolproof. It can be a very unsettling thing when your dreams and your reality starts to overlap in unexpected ways.

I'd also like to mention that such psychosis and psychological disturbance is usually associated with one who uses hallucinogenic drugs. Such practices Anton LaVey deemed as "cheap miracles".

LaVey/CoS and Drug Use.

#410735 - 01/30/10 02:08 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: Unknown]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway

Are you speaking from experience or assumption?

If I ever speak from "assumption" I will provide you with links and/or adequate information to form your own opinion. (In my opinion, all and any links - as in the OP - that lead you back to Stephen LaBarge is adequate for starters.) This what I mentioned is experience. I have worked with "crown yoga" and lucid dreaming for over 30 years. There has been some results. I am happy with that. Although I wouldn't claim to know anything about what's right and wrong for anybody else.

#410736 - 01/30/10 02:15 PM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: Unknown]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
I'd also like to mention that such psychosis and psychological disturbance is usually associated with one who uses hallucinogenic drugs. Such practices Anton LaVey deemed as "cheap miracles".

All the chemicals that produce those highs, are already located in the human brain. The chemicals introduced by the drugs just release them and turn off receptors.

You get the same rewards whenever you have an orgasm,dream,survive an accident,etc.

As far as dreaming goes:
I've always had a great deal of control in my dreams.If I had to say what the ratio of control in dreams to chaos in dreams was,I would have to say 4:1.
Regardless of what the dream is though,I enjoy them.Flying,Falling from buildings,Killing,and anything else in the realm of impossibilities are in reach in our dreams.

They are guilt-free and fantastic!
Even those ending in my death are great,because I wake up alive,and appreciating it much more in that moment when I realize I didn't just smack the sidewalk next to some unnamed eyescraper.

On the topic of dreams ending in death from falling off of buildings,has anyone else felt as though they bounced off the bed upon waking?

#410857 - 02/01/10 02:12 AM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: ArtAche86]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

On the topic of dreams ending in death from falling off of buildings,has anyone else felt as though they bounced off the bed upon waking?

Not falling from buildings but more so jumping at extreme heights over them. I do remember one dream where I was flying and suddenly forgot then fell but made myself fly again. It was a lot of fun!

#410858 - 02/01/10 02:15 AM Re: Dream, dream, Life is but a... [Re: XUL]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Because I am new at experimenting with lucid dreaming would you be so kind to provide a few examples where your lucid dreams lapped over into your waking stages? Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406361 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements