Topic Options
#411347 - 02/05/10 09:37 PM Question on legal issues
Liberterius Offline

First off, yes I have read the CoS official policy that the CoS does not condone illegal activity, and that illegal activity is grounds for getting kicked out of membership. I fully understand the reasons for this and will comply with them.

However, I ask, what illegal acts would constitute getting kicked out? That is, what severity of crime; for example, robbery versus a speeding ticket? Because revoking someone's a CoS membership simply for a littering or speeding or parking ticket seems very severe.
My first assumption is that the matter is taken on a case-by-case basis, unless of course the person used Satanism or the CoS as a defense for the crime: then that would be automatic banning, as it should be.

Oh also, is getting arrested the grounds for getting kicked out? It seems extremely unfair to kick someone out before the trial...

#411353 - 02/05/10 10:19 PM Re: Question on legal issues [Re: Liberterius]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

The Church of Satan simply does not condone criminal activity of any kind, ever, period, and yes, individual cases are considered individually.

If it's about a crime committed by someone other than you, what business is it of yours, other than to be assured that the organization looks out for the good reputation of it's members, thus protecting you, should you be one someday?

If you just want to be assured that your unpaid parking ticket or fine for littering (or anything else along such obviously trivial lines) won't get you kicked out... relax. Sheesh. Give us some credit for not being nuts. *

If you're fishing for advance info on what you "can get away with" and still retain membership... not good.

I am not suggesting that is your motivation in asking, but it is possible to interpret your question that way.

Unlike other religions, we do not offer absolution and forgiveness for rank stupidity.

Fuck up badly enough, and you're out forever.

* The CoS still does not condone not paying your parking ticket, or littering, even if it does not rise to the level where mandatory expulsion would ocur. If it's a crime, we're against it.

#411356 - 02/05/10 10:31 PM Re: Question on legal issues [Re: Quaark]
Liberterius Offline

Thank you. smile
Ok, so individual cases are considered individually, and mere parking tickets are not grounds for expulsion, thank you.
No dont worry I do understand the policy, just wanted this clarification, and I understand the reasons of reputation for it; it makes sense and I agree.

Looking at my post now, yeah I do kinda see how it could be interpreted as a "what can I get away with" type thing. So sorry if it looks that way; I didn't mean like that, my main thing was is it considered on a case-by-base basis, (in terms of expulsion, not condoning activities obviously) rather than blanket assumption, and the former is true I now see so thank you.

#411358 - 02/05/10 10:38 PM Re: Question on legal issues [Re: Liberterius]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

You're quite welcome.

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements