Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#411870 - 02/09/10 01:15 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: fire_vixen]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: fire_vixen
The best thing for me is probably not to have any children.

Yup. My favorite thing about Satanist women is that a lot of them (not all, obviously) don't want kids. I have kids because my ex-wife wanted them and I wasn't strongly against at the time. Since the divorce, I ended one relationship because the woman wanted a baby and there was no damn way I was having another. Hell, I freaking got snipped to make damn sure and she knew that and she still whined and pleaded for me to reverse the procedure. Like any guy who didn't hate himself would go through that and then reverse it because somebody begged.

#411871 - 02/09/10 01:40 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: fire_vixen]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Originally Posted By: fire_vixen
It was shown that abortion was partially responsible for the reduction in crime rates. Since Roe vs. Wade decreed abortion to be legal, many women took advantage of this opportunity and as a result the kids who would have been the prime canditates for joining gangs were never born. The ability to have an abortion legally of tremendous benefit to those living in the ghettos, and in communities infested with drugs and crime. It is no wonder that kids born in that environment don't have much choice but to follow the footsteps of their parents. That is why not bringing these children into the world in the first place, as was enabled by abortion, was a great thing (both for these unborn children and society)

I was certain that was true before it was ever validated.

As Dr. LaVey suggested, mandatory birth control would be ideal for people such as those. While that would be nice in an ideal world, I am still for abortion 95%--the 5% being late term abortions, which I find inexcusable. Of course those percentages aren't exact, and may very well be greater.

"I'm 8 months pregnant?! I thought I was just getting fat! OMG LOL"

Or...

"I'm sick of being pregnant. This sucks. I totally change my mind!"

I think the Chinese were on to something when they put their birth laws into place. I think the USA could benefit from such a thing--or at least the poverty-stricken areas.

#411883 - 02/09/10 03:22 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: fire_vixen]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Ahem...

Before everyone here goes jumping on the Freakanomics claim band wagon......take some time to consider this.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#411891 - 02/09/10 04:26 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Bill_M]
ruraldean Offline

CoS Member

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Quote:
I'm probably unusual on here, in that I have two children, both adults

As I'm sure you know, there are a number of other members here with adult offspring. Though most of them stick to the members-only section.

You've only taken part of the sentence Rev'd Bill. The whole sentence reads:

I'm probably unusual on here, in that I have two children, both adults, and one of them is a member here (Warlock MJD)

Not important, but that was really my point.

Edited by ruraldean (02/10/10 12:29 AM)

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."

-William Makepeace Thackeray, from The Social Pipe
http://ruraldean.wordpress.com

#411913 - 02/09/10 09:20 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Machismo]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
Originally Posted By: RealityPrinciple

Economics in the USA punish people who breed like rabbits and reward people who don't breed at all.

In modern times and for wealthy countries children are a luxury (not a necessity).

The US government offers a bunch of incentives for breeding even though it is a lifestyle choice,
not a dictum. Fortunately most people in the US have access to birth control.

Economics doesn't "punish" people who have kids, any perceived punishment is self-inflicted.

#411916 - 02/09/10 09:58 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Machismo]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Economics in the USA punish people who breed like rabbits and reward people who don't breed at all.

I think you have it backwards.

#411918 - 02/09/10 10:02 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: M.D. Roche]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Claiming more dependents on taxes
Welfare families
(In some cases)Outrageous Child Support

Just to name a few. . .

#411920 - 02/09/10 10:06 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: ArtAche86]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
Welfare families

Being on welfare because you had too many kids sounds like a pretty sweet reward to me.

#411922 - 02/09/10 10:10 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: M.D. Roche]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
Originally Posted By: MALFORM
Welfare families

Being on welfare because you had too many kids sounds like a pretty sweet reward to me.

Yes.Every time I miss a day of work I feel as though i've let thousands of them down. . .

#411923 - 02/09/10 10:15 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: M.D. Roche]
Diwanna Offline

Loc: Upland
Welfare families

Just remember what Neil Young said... "Welfare mothers make better lovers!"

But I digress.

There is a point in which empirical evidence outweighs your faith. It is then when you must chose to open your eyes, or close them. - Diwanna

#411944 - 02/10/10 08:14 AM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: M.D. Roche]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey

I think you have it backwards.

I see your point. I often forget how people tend to think about this. I should have written more clearly. You see, I don't think about poor people. I only think about middle class people, because that's the category I'm in. Having lots of kids is a benefit if you're on welfare. But I'm not on welfare. If I had three kids, I'd be worse off than I am now with two. If I had four, I'd be worse off still. If I had zero, I'd be better off than with one or two. Because I'm middle class. I'm not on welfare. For middle class people, kids are a financial drain.

Edited by RealityPrinciple (02/10/10 08:15 AM)

#412408 - 02/13/10 07:33 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Original Sly]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
My thoughts are that it doesn't matter how many kids you have, or whether you choose not to have any kids that's important. The important part to me is that you are actually thinking about it and making a conscious decision about what you will do. This to me is a responsibility that too many people don't take in regards to having children.

In Australia the government have this bizare policy to increase the population (l think they want more voters!!!!) and they pay a "Baby Bonus" of $5000 when you have a baby. As you can well imagine the birth rate started to steadily increase. The problem is that those having the babies are more often than not the single mothers or lower income families that already have 2 or 3 children. When the baby bonus first came in it was a cash payment when the baby was born but the government found that too many people were spending in on wide screen TV's and not using it for baby supplies etc. Now it is paid in vouchers for baby shops.

My husband and l didn't know exactly how many children we would have before starting our family but after three children who are now 18, 16 and 10 we felt that this made the family complete and workable. We became too busy to have any more! I am very pleased to see that all three are growing up with good healthy satanic philosophies as they learn about the world that they live in.

Many of our friends have children and many have made decisions to not have children. It doesn't matter as long as it is YOUR decision and you have thought it out.

Hail Satan!
Midnight

#412595 - 02/15/10 01:14 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Original Sly]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I personally only want 2 children. I have a daughter, now I want a son. Then I get the big snip snip. OUCH!

#412700 - 02/16/10 02:02 AM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Quaark]
Drakkar Tyrannis Offline

Loc: Maryland,USA
I can't really say I want children. To be honest I don't see much of a point to it, especially in my life. I think it's one of those choices you make once you're certain you can take on the responsibility and I'm fairly certain parenting won't be a strong point of mine.

#412861 - 02/17/10 12:23 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Drakkar Tyrannis]
K_Syn Offline

CoS Member

Loc: bonduel ,wisconSIN, USA
I do not really see what it should matter. I have my two sons which I love completely. Before my wife and I didn't want children but accidents happen. I wouldn't trade them for anything. As for children being a financial drain, yes they can be but who cares. My GMC Yukon is a financial drain too.

If you do not want children then good luck with that. If you practice in lust you have a high chance of slipping up. And when you do you will most likely see that children are great, pains in the ass at times but great. And if you look at children as a burden and a punishment then in my opinion you are not a Satanist.

Visit The Source- Church of Satan

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12019 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405225 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements