Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#413013 - 02/18/10 01:03 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Quote:
I just like kids, and I want to experience the joys, hardships, and inevitable bitter, jaded misery of having one of my own.

You'll be a good father. You know exactly what to expect. grin

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#413025 - 02/18/10 02:41 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Bruja]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Bruja
Quote:
I just like kids, and I want to experience the joys, hardships, and inevitable bitter, jaded misery of having one of my own.

You'll be a good father. You know exactly what to expect. grin

I have been holding back from answering "none"...because I have a teenager. People sometimes look at you like you just sprouted a second head when you are actually honest about that sort of thing.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#413033 - 02/18/10 03:15 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

I feel your pain. Seriously.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#413050 - 02/18/10 04:09 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Bruja]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
People sometimes look at you like you just sprouted a second head when you are actually honest about that sort of thing.

One of the perks of being homosexual is that nobody expects you to have any children. Sure, I could adopt one, but I'd much rather adopt a cat--hell, maybe two!

#413072 - 02/18/10 06:23 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: M.D. Roche]
K_Syn Offline

CoS Member

Loc: bonduel ,wisconSIN, USA
Originally Posted By: MALFORM
Originally Posted By: Lord_of_Syn
And if you look at children as a burden and a punishment then in my opinion you are not a Satanist.

How the hell did you come up with THAT idea?

It seems to me you just took personal offense to some of the views expressed in this thread and used that comment in order to lash out against those who expressed them. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

This was not worded right. Yes, everyone has the right to have or not have children. My point was there are people that have children and find them to be a burden they would like to get rid of.
Everyone on this board knows that some looky lou is going to come to this thread and read the wrong point. And we all know this is going to feed the idea that Satanists dislike and harm children. It is a vicious cycle. So I apologize to anyone that I offended, non of this was pointed a anyone specific, it was a point that whether we want to have children or not we still respect and protect them.
If you still all want to take what I say wrong way then so be.

Visit The Source- Church of Satan

#413079 - 02/18/10 07:03 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: K_Syn]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Lord_of_Syn
This was not worded right. Yes, everyone has the right to have or not have children. My point was there are people that [already] have children and find them to be a burden they would like to get rid of.

Understood. Thank you for clarifying.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#413081 - 02/18/10 07:07 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: K_Syn]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Quote:
My point was there are people that have children and find them to be a burden they would like to get rid of.

I'm fairly certain that your comment could not have been directed at the point that Roho and I were making(that would be ludicrous), but I'll say this just in case there is any confusion.

Children are wonderful, I have a couple myself. They also reach stages where it's incredibly difficult to keep your sanity, much less a smile on your face. Anyone that wants to act like this FACT does not apply to them, well, I'd love to have a front row seat to the show when their illusions get blown out of the water by a smart mouthed, know it all rebellious teen.

THOSE people shouldn't be having kids, cause they're living in a dream world and simply won't know what to do when the bomb drops. Trust me, no one is immune.

Just because someone can be utterly frank about their frustrations as parents doesn't mean they don't love their children. I've noticed that the older your kids get, the less idealistic bullshit you tend to spew out of your mouth about parenting.

End of rant. wink

#413087 - 02/18/10 07:21 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Bruja]
K_Syn Offline

CoS Member

Loc: bonduel ,wisconSIN, USA
No it was not directed to you or Roho. I understand what you meant in your posts, I was an ass hole teen that pissed off my parents at one time (couldn't have guessed that, right?) I have two boys, one is 7 and the other is 3. Believe me they already make me tear out my hair but my love is still unconditional. I have also dealt with enough children in the 3 yrs that I drove school bus to drive anyone to the funny farm.

Visit The Source- Church of Satan

#413089 - 02/18/10 07:25 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: K_Syn]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Quote:
I have also dealt with enough children in the 3 yrs that I drove school bus to drive anyone to the funny farm.

Oh, damn. You do get it.

My condolences to you. skull

#413090 - 02/18/10 07:25 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: K_Syn]
TheAbysmal Offline

Lord of Syn,

Did you mean that Satanists, who esteem Responsibility to the Responsible and who do not complain of things to which they need not subject themselves, would place any blame of burden or punishment for having had children on themselves than on the children? I think that is what you meant.

The Looky Lou's will infer all manner of ill-natured purposes, or worse, they will make it so:

Quote:
And if you look at children ... then in my opinion you are ... a Satanist.

Oh, they're all just a bunch of pedophiles!

Not to mention the crazies who, in the seconds between their ludicrous posts and their swift ban at the hands of a moderator, are forever established in Google's archives.

Let them infer. smile Their loss.

Refuse to die.

#413340 - 02/20/10 05:56 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: Shade]
CoffinRust Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Alabama
As Shade and others can attest to, my wife and I have but one human child (five feline children). Our human child is very special, and many thanks to a good friend for allowing us to adopt. If we could have a dozen more just like him we'd take them in the blink of an eye.

wink

CoffinRust.com | On Facebook | On Undercroft | The Compleat Witch Illustrated Bibliography

The Church of Satan Baphomet Altarpiece
The ONLY Altarpiece endorsed by the Church of Satan, using the Trademarked CoS Sigil of Baphomet.
A percentage from each piece sold is proudly paid directly to the organization for this privilege.
Do not accept imitations!

#413446 - 02/21/10 05:13 PM Re: How many kids do YOU want? [Re: CoffinRust]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Your Adopted is what I consider the epitome of the perfect child: well-behaved, fun to be around, endlessly fascinating and, above all else, blessedly quiet.

With perfect parents to boot! grin
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12085 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405444 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements