Topic Options
#411739 - 02/08/10 07:17 PM Tier Instinct's "In Through This Devour"
Darren Deicide Offline

Loc: NJ
The digital revolution is changing music in many ways. With the advent of auto-tuning, sampling, and other corrective forms of editing, it has opened an avenue by which those with dubious "talent" are able to present themselves in manners which they otherwise couldn't. While this is certainly true and is expressed most evidently in popular music, let us not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The digital world is relatively young, and there is a crop of composers who, rather than utilize it as an instrument of fakery, are interested in exploring a vast, unchartered terrain that has been opened by the possibilities of using digital tools as an artistic palette. When approached in such a manner, the sky is the limit for digitally-based music. Well look up in the clouds, because Tier Instinct's "In Through This Devour" bravely treads into this unknown void and does so with a brew of tracks that is guaranteed to challenge you and stimulate the more cavernous sections of your brain.

As a backdrop, Tier Instinct uses ambient and subliminal noise that makes the skin crawl. However, the focal point is spoken word pieces. In the tradition of Boyd Rice and even some of Doktor LaVey's work, Tier Instinct ominously delivers stanzas that touch upon many dark topics, from lycanthropy to greater magic to sexual fantasy and more. All of this is done with an interesting combination of poetic grace and stoic brevity. The result is an album that acts as both invocation and evocation. When listening, pay close attention to the production qualities. You will notice some amazingly subtle yet potent textures, such as the kind displayed in the track "The Hat Trick". Consistent throughout the album is a rich sense of layering that is certain to stir the beast within.

"In Through This Devour" will awake you, stimulate you, provoke your thought, and transport you to new realms. Get it, and prepare yourself for the journey.

-Darren D

#415138 - 03/08/10 05:09 PM Re: Tier Instinct's "In Through This Devour" [Re: Darren Deicide]
Lust Offline

I like and will have to agree with everything you said. The digital version of In Through This Devour is available through the Undercroft store, or by contacting me direct for instructions. I thank you for the review too, MR. Deicide.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Moderator:  Quaark 

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements