Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#411994 - 02/10/10 03:40 PM LaVey saw this one coming.
cheryablinsk70 Offline

As I was browsing through the news this morning, I stumbled upon this article on DiscoveryNews:

"Women's Natural Scent More Seductive Than Perfume"

When I read through the article, I found myself thinking, "Anyone who's read The Satanic Witch can tell you that." I guess this just goes to show how much LaVey really did know what he was talking about.

-Eisbrecher, Wikommen im Nichts

#411999 - 02/10/10 05:34 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: cheryablinsk70]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Interesting.

As for men: I hate those commercials for Axe body spray that suggest spraying half a can of it all over your body will make super model women find you sexually irresistible. It's awful when I have to actually hold my breath when a young college frat boy comes within 20 feet of me.

What's the worst are those putrid oils Muslims wear. They might make them closer to Allah, but they drive me to stand as far away from them as I possibly can. Then again, I try to distance myself from all Muslims, regardless. wink

[/end rant]

#412000 - 02/10/10 05:41 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
They have television commercials here in New Zealand advertising a deoderant spray called Lynx. They've named it "The Lynx Effect" when you spray yourself and suddenly all the females within sight start to notice and follow you.

Lynx and Coca Cola make equally ridiculous TV advertisements in this regard!

#412001 - 02/10/10 05:52 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
It would be hilarious to make a parody of those commercials where the guy is followed by lots of horny women and then he turns around and screams "Stop following me, I'm gaaaay".

#412002 - 02/10/10 05:55 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Original Sly]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Lynx and Axe are one in the same, but I find their commercials admirable in the old sense of good advertising. They're one of the finest examples of making the public want what you have to sell, almost as good as Carfax which has a commercial campaign forcing car dealers to use their service lest they appear disreputable. But sex sells, and for Axe/Lynx that campaign has made the company huge in a few short years, the nose knows it certainly wasn't the actual product that made them popular.

vomit

Further research for VIP members: The "Axe" Effect Thread. Beware the Autoplay and mute your computer.

#412005 - 02/10/10 06:18 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Old_Pig]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

HA!

If they were to make some kind of gay alternative to Axe I'm sure it would be just as effective. It probably wouldn't smell any different, but I'm sure nobody would notice, or care.

Another thing I've noticed: What's with the commercial for "Axe Dark Temptation"? It shows a white boy advertising something that is obviously geared toward the black population. I imagine it doesn't smell anything like chocolate, either.

#412007 - 02/10/10 06:21 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Old_Pig]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Old_Pig
It would be hilarious to make a parody of those commercials where the guy is followed by lots of horny women and then he turns around and screams "Stop following me, I'm gaaaay".

But, gays use deodorants for females to attract other men. At least that's what my homo colleague does. He smells nice.

#412009 - 02/10/10 06:22 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Delta]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Axe/Lynx is horrid. I'd much rather smell BO than Axe.

I RARELY wear cologne. The one cologne I personally like the scent of (that's affordable) is Brut. But what the ladies like is an entirely different thing, and I like the idea of them liking how I smell much more than them liking how Brut smells.

Contrary to the Doktor's essay that was quoted in that thread, I do bathe, but only on a semi-regular basis. Basically if I feel dirty that's when it happens. Which is about once every couple of days. Lots of folks will read this and think that's gross, but if you were one of the many people I spend my time around you wouldn't notice. In fact, you'd probably think I was the sexiest thing on Earth. grin

As for my opinion of womens' perfume, I find most of them are more subtle than colognes. Add to that the fact that most women know how to properly apply the stuff, and I'll admit most of the smells are pleasing. But each woman has her own natural scent, and most of the time you have to be rather close to even pick up on it. Depending on the time of the month it can be downright disturbing. As for the specific smell of that specific area, I've my own opinion on that, but I'm thinking I probably shouldn't get into that here.

One thing you will definitely notice is that your personal bonds with your familiars will become stronger when they become used to YOUR scent. That's how they know you.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#412010 - 02/10/10 06:26 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Funny you should mention that, because there are most definitely Black colognes. You smell it, and know it would go perfect on a Black guy. They actually smell quite nice. They smell like bad muthafucka.

There's also Mexican colognes. No, not Hispanic colognes, MEXICAN. As in, from Mexico. My Puerto Rican friend walked in the door wearing Mexican cologne; I slapped him, told him he was a bitch and that I'm leaving him forever.

GUYS, stick your own damn race cologne.

grin

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#412012 - 02/10/10 06:31 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Slesk
But, gays use deodorants for females to attract other men. At least that's what my homo colleague does. He smells nice.

Well, I use Degree, but maybe I'll have to try that some time... though I'd probably end up attracting transsexuals and effeminate weirdos. *shudder*

#412014 - 02/10/10 06:57 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
There's noting worse than Deodorant Race Traitors.

Besides, when one is heiling and marching and marching and heiling, a nice kraut cologne is good. Or you might faint from your own sweat at each heil.

#412015 - 02/10/10 07:00 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I don't if my sense of smell is becoming sharper lately, or t is that people are not taking showers or baths anymore...

But every time I have to go to a public place I'm nauseated by the stench emanating from people.

People walk next to me in the supermarket and it's like they are surrounded by a thick cloud of concentrated body odor. Some put perfume or cologne on top of it, but you can still smell the accumulation of rotten human sweat under the chemical mask.

#412016 - 02/10/10 07:00 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: $lesk]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Precisely. One of the main reasons I don't wear cologne. If I wore all the different scents needed to properly reflect my ethnic background I'd end up smelling like Fez.

#412019 - 02/10/10 07:11 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: NapalmNick
If I wore all the different scents needed to properly reflect my ethnic background I'd end up smelling like Fez.

#412026 - 02/10/10 10:40 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: cheryablinsk70]
Melly Offline

Loc: Toronto Area
Eeh.
I think this is really subjective. I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of the Satanic Witch, so I can't really agree of disagree with what is written in it, but the way I see it, as a girl, there are some girls who smell just fine without perfume and there are other girls who smell like an ass crack, even after showering. You can't really take a study like this and apply it to all females. Well, you probably can in terms of 'hormone levels' and stuff like that, but if you're just sitting beside someone and they smell like shit even after bathing, well, I think they need to do something about it. Obviously it's commonsense to not soak yourself in perfume as it burns the nostrils, but a little hit of lavender behind the ear or on your wrists might be... a necessity?

I dounno. I was on a bus a while ago and could smell someone menstruating and was severely grossed out. Since then I've been a fan of masking scents like that.

Edited by Melly (02/10/10 10:43 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406361 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements