Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#411994 - 02/10/10 03:40 PM LaVey saw this one coming.
cheryablinsk70 Offline

As I was browsing through the news this morning, I stumbled upon this article on DiscoveryNews:

"Women's Natural Scent More Seductive Than Perfume"

When I read through the article, I found myself thinking, "Anyone who's read The Satanic Witch can tell you that." I guess this just goes to show how much LaVey really did know what he was talking about.

-Eisbrecher, Wikommen im Nichts

#411999 - 02/10/10 05:34 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: cheryablinsk70]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Interesting.

As for men: I hate those commercials for Axe body spray that suggest spraying half a can of it all over your body will make super model women find you sexually irresistible. It's awful when I have to actually hold my breath when a young college frat boy comes within 20 feet of me.

What's the worst are those putrid oils Muslims wear. They might make them closer to Allah, but they drive me to stand as far away from them as I possibly can. Then again, I try to distance myself from all Muslims, regardless. wink

[/end rant]

#412000 - 02/10/10 05:41 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
They have television commercials here in New Zealand advertising a deoderant spray called Lynx. They've named it "The Lynx Effect" when you spray yourself and suddenly all the females within sight start to notice and follow you.

Lynx and Coca Cola make equally ridiculous TV advertisements in this regard!

#412001 - 02/10/10 05:52 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
It would be hilarious to make a parody of those commercials where the guy is followed by lots of horny women and then he turns around and screams "Stop following me, I'm gaaaay".

#412002 - 02/10/10 05:55 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Original Sly]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Lynx and Axe are one in the same, but I find their commercials admirable in the old sense of good advertising. They're one of the finest examples of making the public want what you have to sell, almost as good as Carfax which has a commercial campaign forcing car dealers to use their service lest they appear disreputable. But sex sells, and for Axe/Lynx that campaign has made the company huge in a few short years, the nose knows it certainly wasn't the actual product that made them popular.

vomit

Further research for VIP members: The "Axe" Effect Thread. Beware the Autoplay and mute your computer.

#412005 - 02/10/10 06:18 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Old_Pig]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

HA!

If they were to make some kind of gay alternative to Axe I'm sure it would be just as effective. It probably wouldn't smell any different, but I'm sure nobody would notice, or care.

Another thing I've noticed: What's with the commercial for "Axe Dark Temptation"? It shows a white boy advertising something that is obviously geared toward the black population. I imagine it doesn't smell anything like chocolate, either.

#412007 - 02/10/10 06:21 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Old_Pig]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Old_Pig
It would be hilarious to make a parody of those commercials where the guy is followed by lots of horny women and then he turns around and screams "Stop following me, I'm gaaaay".

But, gays use deodorants for females to attract other men. At least that's what my homo colleague does. He smells nice.

#412009 - 02/10/10 06:22 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Delta]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Axe/Lynx is horrid. I'd much rather smell BO than Axe.

I RARELY wear cologne. The one cologne I personally like the scent of (that's affordable) is Brut. But what the ladies like is an entirely different thing, and I like the idea of them liking how I smell much more than them liking how Brut smells.

Contrary to the Doktor's essay that was quoted in that thread, I do bathe, but only on a semi-regular basis. Basically if I feel dirty that's when it happens. Which is about once every couple of days. Lots of folks will read this and think that's gross, but if you were one of the many people I spend my time around you wouldn't notice. In fact, you'd probably think I was the sexiest thing on Earth. grin

As for my opinion of womens' perfume, I find most of them are more subtle than colognes. Add to that the fact that most women know how to properly apply the stuff, and I'll admit most of the smells are pleasing. But each woman has her own natural scent, and most of the time you have to be rather close to even pick up on it. Depending on the time of the month it can be downright disturbing. As for the specific smell of that specific area, I've my own opinion on that, but I'm thinking I probably shouldn't get into that here.

One thing you will definitely notice is that your personal bonds with your familiars will become stronger when they become used to YOUR scent. That's how they know you.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#412010 - 02/10/10 06:26 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Funny you should mention that, because there are most definitely Black colognes. You smell it, and know it would go perfect on a Black guy. They actually smell quite nice. They smell like bad muthafucka.

There's also Mexican colognes. No, not Hispanic colognes, MEXICAN. As in, from Mexico. My Puerto Rican friend walked in the door wearing Mexican cologne; I slapped him, told him he was a bitch and that I'm leaving him forever.

GUYS, stick your own damn race cologne.

grin

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#412012 - 02/10/10 06:31 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Slesk
But, gays use deodorants for females to attract other men. At least that's what my homo colleague does. He smells nice.

Well, I use Degree, but maybe I'll have to try that some time... though I'd probably end up attracting transsexuals and effeminate weirdos. *shudder*

#412014 - 02/10/10 06:57 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

There's noting worse than Deodorant Race Traitors.

Besides, when one is heiling and marching and marching and heiling, a nice kraut cologne is good. Or you might faint from your own sweat at each heil.

#412015 - 02/10/10 07:00 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I don't if my sense of smell is becoming sharper lately, or t is that people are not taking showers or baths anymore...

But every time I have to go to a public place I'm nauseated by the stench emanating from people.

People walk next to me in the supermarket and it's like they are surrounded by a thick cloud of concentrated body odor. Some put perfume or cologne on top of it, but you can still smell the accumulation of rotten human sweat under the chemical mask.

#412016 - 02/10/10 07:00 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: $lesk]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Precisely. One of the main reasons I don't wear cologne. If I wore all the different scents needed to properly reflect my ethnic background I'd end up smelling like Fez.

#412019 - 02/10/10 07:11 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: NapalmNick
If I wore all the different scents needed to properly reflect my ethnic background I'd end up smelling like Fez.

#412026 - 02/10/10 10:40 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: cheryablinsk70]
Melly Offline

Loc: Toronto Area
Eeh.
I think this is really subjective. I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of the Satanic Witch, so I can't really agree of disagree with what is written in it, but the way I see it, as a girl, there are some girls who smell just fine without perfume and there are other girls who smell like an ass crack, even after showering. You can't really take a study like this and apply it to all females. Well, you probably can in terms of 'hormone levels' and stuff like that, but if you're just sitting beside someone and they smell like shit even after bathing, well, I think they need to do something about it. Obviously it's commonsense to not soak yourself in perfume as it burns the nostrils, but a little hit of lavender behind the ear or on your wrists might be... a necessity?

I dounno. I was on a bus a while ago and could smell someone menstruating and was severely grossed out. Since then I've been a fan of masking scents like that.

Edited by Melly (02/10/10 10:43 PM)

#412027 - 02/10/10 10:48 PM Saw This Coming? [Re: cheryablinsk70]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Not to pick a nit, but LaVey saw what already was. It just took some others a while to catch up. wink

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#412035 - 02/10/10 11:55 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Melly]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Well, it is entirely true that one man's aroma is another man's stench, but along with that comes gender differences.

You are a woman making judgments on the smells of other women. How the same smells would affect me are probably a very different thing. Unless of course you are talking about the literal smell of shit. In which case I find it hard to believe that anyone can smell like that right after bathing.

But I do know that there are in fact people who smell exactly like shit. No better way of describing it.

#412056 - 02/11/10 05:28 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: cheryablinsk70]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
How we smell varies so dramatically from person to person. And by that I mean both how we sense and how we are sensed. It seems impossible to generalize.

In an age when dousing oneself in eau-de-Germ-X is so popular though I think any hint of smelling like raw animal sexuality is bound to get one noticed. The trick may be knowing when to use that so it's to your advantage. Being oblivious to your audience/target can result in sending unintentional or inappropriate signals.

Along with TSW, I'd also recommend Perfume by Patrick Süskind.

Edit: Another Lesser Magic aspect of all of this -- it may be a good idea to be extremely discriminating about when or with whom one discusses personal grooming. Even among Satanists, I think it can be a distasteful, taboo subject. Marvel at my brilliantly, stunning articulation of the obvious when I say that too much information is often... too much information. grin

Edited by Shade (02/11/10 06:05 AM)
Edit Reason: One more thing...
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#412057 - 02/11/10 06:38 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
Iscariot Offline

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: MALFORM
when a young college frat boy comes within 20 feet of me.

Always so harsh on the fraternity guys... We aren't all collar popping, Axe bathing, womanizing, d-bags. My chapter tends to stay away from that kind of person. (Anyone for a game of Risk? smile )

#412060 - 02/11/10 07:19 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Lucky you. I'd end up smelling GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN TR00 ARYSK BLAKK METAL UGH!

#412119 - 02/11/10 04:15 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: cheryablinsk70]
Basher Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Mars
Originally Posted By: cheryablinsk70
As I was browsing through the news this morning, I stumbled upon this article on DiscoveryNews:

"Women's Natural Scent More Seductive Than Perfume"

Fuck! And I thought this was something all men knew instinctually! Sometimes I swear the human species is de-evolving rather than evolving.

#412141 - 02/11/10 06:47 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I was talking a bit about scents on my blog a few weeks ago. Here were some of the quotes I pulled from The Satanic Witch:

"It is inconceivable to think that human beings could be the only creatures without appealing sexual odors, yet odors that originate in the sexual parts are considered anathema by a large majority of them. [...] Perfumes should be used OVER existing odors, not in place of them; and the perfume you choose should bring OUT your own odor, not neglect it. [...] I cannot stress enough that ANY odor, if strong enough, becomes unpleasant. The most pleasing scents, when intensified enough, become noxious; and conversely, many of the most alluring scents are reductions of otherwise objectionable odors."

Originally Posted By: MALFORM
As for men: I hate those commercials for Axe body spray that suggest spraying half a can of it all over your body will make super model women find you sexually irresistible.

My girlfriend happens to love the smell of Axe body wash. Though in my experience, just about every scent is loved by some women and at the same time repulses other women.

Originally Posted By: Old_Pig

Or how about just, "Get the fuck away from me, you freaks! Security!" I don't care how hot these women are; a group of strangers stalking me in public and wielding hygiene products is simply wrong.

Originally Posted By: Iscariot
Always so harsh on the fraternity guys... We aren't all collar popping, Axe bathing, womanizing, d-bags. My chapter tends to stay away from that kind of person. (Anyone for a game of Risk? smile )

Personally, I've come to accept "frat boy" as a term describing only the stereotypically loud, 6-o'clock, 18+, trust-fund male, who may or may not actually be in a fraternity. Obviously, the term doesn't apply to Satanists like you, myself, Magister Harris, etc. who found our own reasons for wanting to join a fraternity in college (esotericism, ritual, housing benefits, etc.)

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#412142 - 02/11/10 07:08 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
NaamahPink Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Kentucky
Scent is a very important part of attraction and I would agree that it is gender specific. I think that women are made uncomfortable by the smell of other women. Biologically speaking, an ovulating female should smell like competition to another heterosexual female.

Also, for the most part, I have noticed that women who are very sexual tend to be an outcast amongst other women, even when their exploits are not yet known to the group. Sometimes I wonder if women can “sniff out” their enemies.

I, as a very sexual woman, and many of my girlfriends who are also very sexual have observed that we tend to make friends mostly with men, women who are attracted to women, or other women who are very sexual. Perhaps a woman whose smell has undertones of sex or arousal may unconsciously make other women uncomfortable. Of course, perhaps that could have less to do with scent and more to do with insecurity.

As a side note, I don’t think that perfume covers up natural smell as much as we like to believe. It is probably worse for your love life to try to remove natural smell than to add a dab of artificial scent on top. Pheromones are for the most part unconsciously detected anyway.

#412174 - 02/11/10 10:22 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Basher]
ArtAche86 Offline

Loc: Cthulhu's Bowels,Kentucky
[quote=BasherFuck! And I thought this was something all men knew instinctually! Sometimes I swear the human species is de-evolving rather than evolving. [/quote]

Please tell me you've read the Darwin awards!

I like the smell of the following:
9IX by Jay Z
Clinique Happy for Men
and ADIDAS moves on occasion. . .
They cover the smell of the farts from coworkers (which smell like rest stop bathrooms)and my girlfriend likes them as well.
But whenever I wear absolutely nothing,some of my closer friends told me that I smell like Nag Champa.
SO I guess I smell like a hippie?

Some scents I can't stand to smell anymore because they are SO overused. Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce is most definitely in that category of repugnant odors.

On the topic of a woman's natural smell. . .I enjoy it quite well.I've never encountered a woman who smells like a fish.I never understood that whole cliche.I don't think it bad when a woman has her own scent,I just like some better than others.

It's a real turn on,and as a man who LOVES cunnilingus,it's a mouth waterer wink

#412179 - 02/11/10 10:49 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: ArtAche86]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:
I never understood that whole cliche

That's no cliché buddy, you've just been fortunate enough not to meet one yet.

eek

#412195 - 02/12/10 01:30 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: Iscariot]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
I'd guess there is a frat boy out there, somewhere wearing 4711. Subtle and seductive.

#412219 - 02/12/10 10:39 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: $lesk]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

I think that a bit of perfume is very nice.

There are situations, when it's ok, or desired, to not use scents.
However, as some of you pointed here, none smells nicely to everyone and it's polite to not "stink".
It's not amiable, if one feels a need to cover the nose, while being near to someone not exactly nicely savorous, to say it becomingly. Even if is it subjective.

By the way, I remember from childhood, there was some kind of perfume for men (or aftershave lotion?) of which scent literally reminded of shit. Not exactly on first breath, just somewhere in background, one felt it. Fortunately, didn't notice it on anyone, in past few years, anymore. smile

#412234 - 02/12/10 01:50 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: ArtAche86]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: ArtAche86
It's a real turn on,and as a man who LOVES cunnilingus,it's a mouth waterer

vomit

#412236 - 02/12/10 01:59 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: $lesk]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

You've just inspired me.

OK, assuming I can get uber long-distance for at least 2 hours I'm going to call Norway...

And if I'm successful, the world will be graced with a new scent:

KVLT 'N' GR1M
By Herr Slesk

Of course, I once displayed my now-world-famous scent as my avatar here:

#412238 - 02/12/10 02:06 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NaamahPink]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: NaamahPink
I, as a very sexual woman, and many of my girlfriends who are also very sexual have observed that we tend to make friends mostly with men, women who are attracted to women, or other women who are very sexual. Perhaps a woman whose smell has undertones of sex or arousal may unconsciously make other women uncomfortable. Of course, perhaps that could have less to do with scent and more to do with insecurity.

I would agree with this, and have observed the same thing. I've also noticed that there are some women who simply loathe me, at first sight, without knowing anything about me. It's a curious thing, and more complicated than just "she's jealous", because they are not unattractive nor unintelligent women, and many times they were more attractive and professionally more successful than myself.

It's can be really funny, if I don't care, and borderline dangerous if they are in a position of power.

#412240 - 02/12/10 02:24 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Is there available also a scent for females? grin

#412241 - 02/12/10 02:32 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

"Official scent of the Übermensch!"

#412247 - 02/12/10 03:28 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: ]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Not at the moment, but I'll get to work on that ASAP! grin

By the way Ms. Moon, your new avatar is verrry sexy. Meow! coopdevil

#412266 - 02/12/10 07:03 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
Liberterius Offline

Regarding Axe, I will admit I'm guilty of using the hair gel and the shampoo, but not the body spray. The stuff I use is honestly a much lighter scent, and some girls like it and get quite turned on, but then again some don't. I think y'all are hating on Axe too much honestly; its fine even with the body spray so long as it's not overused in ridiculous volume as a lot of pink polo collar popped d-bags do. (no offense to any sorts if they're present. ^_^)

An interesting smell I find very pleasant and verrrrry attractive on a woman is the scent of skunk musk. Ever since I was a kid I couldn't understand why people hate it so much...I read somewhere a trivia fact that about 10% of people like it.
But yeah, now if I can just ever get a girl to be genetically enhanced to be part skunk, or at least wear the perfume for me haha...best I've gotten is my girlfriend's dog getting skunked one time, and it getting on her for a couple weeks. XD

I've read that human females (I'm not sure on males) release some phermone from the underarms during really heavy sweating...this SEEMS to be true; with dances I've been at in high school I find the smell...I dont know, weirdly intoxicating when the girl's really sweddy. ^_^

And Nazi-planet Spock *ahem* NapalmNick you're amazing.

#412284 - 02/12/10 09:12 PM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: M.D. Roche]
cheryablinsk70 Offline

What's really terrible is when somebody gets it in their head to spray on several different scents of Axe or Tag or something like that. Instead of smelling "sexy", they smell like they took a bath in rubbing alcohol.

I guess if you're trying to attract someone with a medical fetish that could conceivably be a good idea... smirk

-Eisbrecher, Wikommen im Nichts

#412315 - 02/13/10 01:11 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: cheryablinsk70]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
That has a great deal to do with the fact that LaVey was a natural sorceror. What I mean, is that he saw life as it is and made it known to others. He had more than just a knack for words. Mans base nature is at the very core of satanism, we are carnal beings, intelligent and damn near perfect. Animal scent is definately a more natural aphrodisiac. Millions of years of evolution have proven this. I'll bet on that over some under-a-million-or-so year old man's opinion.

#412319 - 02/13/10 01:29 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NaamahPink]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
I think that certain scents can be opposite enough, yet inhance a woman's normal scent, but my favorite is chocoalate because to me it smells like sweet ass. As for my second favorite, that would be peppermint.

I had an awesome sexual experience as a young man that involved a mint and cunninglious (hope thats the correct spelling). Part of my crystalization period I would venture to say.

So both are very arousing. That being said, I think that smell is one of only five "common senses"?

#412324 - 02/13/10 03:08 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: NapalmNick]
Spelled Moon
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: NapalmNick
Not at the moment, but I'll get to work on that ASAP! grin

By the way Ms. Moon, your new avatar is verrry sexy. Meow! coopdevil

And when you finish the scent for women, and I'll use it, I'll be also absolutely irresistible. grin

witch

(Thank you. smile )

#412328 - 02/13/10 03:18 AM Re: LaVey saw this one coming. [Re: ]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

You're most welcome, fräulein. coopdevil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406364 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements