Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#411406 - 02/06/10 08:53 AM Re: The government has your baby's DNA [Re: John Prophet]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: John Prophet
You may be getting two different versions of “ The Man ”, mixed up. wink

I've bookmarked your site. Nice work.

As for the government Man and the private industry Man being two different guys, well, maybe, but PI-Man owns G-Man so it's all moot. In any country, either gold rules guns or guns rule gold, and whichever rules the other rules everything else too. In the USA gold rules guns. Fancy word is plutocracy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. coopdevil

#411412 - 02/06/10 10:17 AM Re: The government has your baby's DNA [Re: Machismo]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: RealityPrinciple
I've bookmarked your site. Nice work.

As for the government Man and the private industry Man being two different guys, well, maybe, but PI-Man owns G-Man so it's all moot. In any country, either gold rules guns or guns rule gold, and whichever rules the other rules everything else too. In the USA gold rules guns. Fancy word is plutocracy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. coopdevil

Thank you! I’m glad that you like the site.

And yes, after I posted that, it did occur to me that often private interests do have a major influence on government. Though for purposes of this particular discussion about sharing genetic information, there would also have to be enough effective communication between the two, to cause this to be an issue (I know that in the past, even individual government agencies have had trouble communicating things between one another).

But regardless, I do agree that there’s nothing wrong with those two basic systems of power. I really don’t see any other way that it could (realistically) work.

#412051 - 02/11/10 04:27 AM Re: The government has your baby's DNA [Re: John Prophet]
JanusFaust Offline

Holy shit DUDE , the government does whatever it wants?!

Time to retreat into my electroradiofrequencyshieldedchair and wear my tinfoil hat before they start scanning my brain! laugh

I think the best way to treat this it to keep a close eye on these things and not get excited.
That kind of excitement creates flag carriers and martyrs.

Edited by JanusFaust (02/11/10 04:29 AM)

#412085 - 02/11/10 10:07 AM Re: The government has your baby's DNA [Re: JanusFaust]
djenkins Offline

Loc: England, UK
I have worked for the UK Government, they had computer systems that linked with different Government departments, so it was easy to find out any information on anyone over 16. The privacy laws don't really apply, especially when nobody would know they are being breached.

As for the DNA, I think its a good idea if it is to fight crime, but would love to know their real intentions for it, maybe like the 2012 film, they are selecting who has the best genes to start the world over again!

Tinfoil hat and as much spaceman food as I can store.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12104 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405514 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements