Topic Options
#41281 - 05/23/04 12:55 AM Literature
jon_wolf Offline

I am not a member as of yet, and have a lot of questions, but this one has occurred repeatedly.
If I become a member of the CoS, are there reading lists, or perhaps books that are recommended and perhaps those that arent if any?
I study many Asian/Egyptian philosophies such as the IChing, Book of the 5 Rings, Hagakure, Tibetan Book of the Dead, Egyptian mythology...etc. I have been involved for 2 years actively practicing kendo and iaido, and some of these are aids to my training.
Is there a contradiction between these things and Satanism according to the tenets that you speaking as an "official" of the Church of Satan follow?
Are these things OK? Or are they considered false?
I guess in someways the hierachy is more rigid than I imagined, and that is OK as I understand it from my training time in the dojo, as I am expected to follow the established rules and patterns of behavior and discipline.
I hope I am not being too obtuse, and dont expect you to give me a list of your favorite books, unless you wish too, but if you could steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
A snapshot of what a Church member might be reading now or their favorites including the Satanic Bible of course.

Thanks

#41282 - 05/23/04 01:14 AM Re: Literature [Re: jon_wolf]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

I am not a member as of yet, and have a lot of questions

This suggests that you have made a concerted effort to educate yourself by reading our basic texts, as well as a full perusal of the official Church of Satan website. If so, let's continue...
Quote:

If I become a member of the CoS, are there reading lists, or perhaps books that are recommended and perhaps those that arent if any?

This is covered on the official site, as well as within the appendices of _The Church of Satan_ by Blanche Barton -- the latter, available through many offline and online dealers.
Quote:

I study many Asian/Egyptian philosophies such as the IChing, Book of the 5 Rings, Hagakure, Tibetan Book of the Dead, Egyptian mythology...etc. I have been involved for 2 years actively practicing kendo and iaido, and some of these are aids to my training. Is there a contradiction between these things and Satanism according to the tenets that you speaking as an "official" of the Church of Satan follow?

If you've read our texts, you should be able to come to a reasonable conclusion regarding such. I can tell you right now that much of the advice you'll receive from Satanists will be to do your own research.
Quote:

I guess in someways the hierachy is more rigid than I imagined, and that is OK as I understand it from my training time in the dojo, as I am expected to follow the established rules and patterns of behavior and discipline.

I can assure you that the true Satanists on this board are by no means "following" any rigid program of discipline. Satanism is a natural reflection of who and what the Satanist really is. There is no "becoming" a Satanist. Our literature goes into much depth on this subject, both directly and in its subtext.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

Forum Stats
12017 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements