Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#412694 - 02/16/10 12:11 AM Re: Rants that I posted as a blog. [Re: Nammu]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
A firing squad (of volunteers) would make bank heists vanish as the criminal would realize
it isn't worth a death sentence. Cost to taxpayers limited to court costs. Watch crime decrease.

Rehabilitation at taxpayer expense? I don't think so.

I like this idea, it sounds alot like a solution I came up with for the current prison population. Sort of a step one in the reformation if you will. All death row inmates would be lined up in single file. One bullet would be used to its maximum. This would drop the cost and maintenance on gas chambers, lethal injection drugs, etc. Or like in Zion Law, the part of the bible I like, we could stone fuckers in the town square. Then we could sell consessions like a carnival....$$$$$$$. Chaching! Then not only would it be fun for the whole family, but it would pay for itself.

#412699 - 02/16/10 01:39 AM Re: Rants that I posted as a blog. [Re: S810]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:
All death row inmates would be lined up in single file. One bullet would be used to its maximum. This would drop the cost and maintenance on gas chambers, lethal injection drugs, etc.

Not withstanding the fact that I would love to see some criminals shot in the base of the skull, at what point would Lex Talionis be invoked? Punishment fitting the crime in degree and kind? A single bullet seems a little too easy and not very well thought out, tbh. Edgy and provocative, yes. Pragmatic? Not so much.

#412702 - 02/16/10 03:01 AM Re: Rants that I posted as a blog. [Re: S810]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
There was a wonderful essay by Prometheus, on topic of crime and punishment, posted in Essays and Writings part of this forum.

A Remedy for Crime

I thought it is worthy of mentioning here, too. smile

#412926 - 02/17/10 09:44 PM Re: Rants that I posted as a blog. [Re: Spelled Moon]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
The problem is that I'm not a VIP and don't have access to that part of forum.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406136 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements