Topic Options
#414097 - 02/27/10 10:46 PM Male Archetypes?
Liberterius Offline

I'm fairly well-read on Jungian ideas of archetypes; these recurring characters that are so ingrained in human mythology and the unconscious mind that they manifest in our society.
I don't own a copy of "The Satanic Witch" yet, but I found a pretty handy guide to the synthesizer clock online on a witch site. It was intended mostly for females but the description of the clock itself was gender neutral, and I'd classify myself as a 2 or maybe 3 on it, about between those, 2 or 3.

ANYWAY, I know that you're supposed to attract those opposite to your own position on the clock, and can intentionally emulate the number opposite of your "target" to attract them, and part of this is with archetypes...how does this work for men? I can see very well how it works for women; the cute ditzy bimbo, dominatrix, shy nerdy librarian type, etc.

But for men...? I've gotten some ideas from watching "Mad Men", (very good show; reccomend it) and how the classic 20th century in-charge businessman look can work quite well. But I can't wear a suit every day where I work, and I'm just checking anyone here (women included) if y'all have ideas? I was thinking bad boy greaser kind of look could work too, I don't know, archetypes seem more complicated for guys. More personality than clothing based too... smirk

#414098 - 02/27/10 10:52 PM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Liberterius]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
For that area of the clock, you might consider The Professor, from Gilligan's Island.

I reckon you need to be a bit bulkier to pull off the "bad-boy greaser" style, in the 11-12 area.

Edited by reprobate (02/27/10 10:54 PM)

#414101 - 02/27/10 11:14 PM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: reprobate]
TECHNO Offline

Loc: -31.955658,115.859928
Or how about the 'preppy' look?

It's masculine but at the same time refined without leaning into the 'gayness' of a metrosexual.

#414102 - 02/27/10 11:32 PM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: TECHNO]
Vazrael Offline

Loc: United States
Here's how I handle things. I have a very up front persona. I show who I am to the mate in question. They either like what they see or they don't.

I don't bother playing the "game" so to speak because to me the game can be a rather herd thing to which I'd rather be with someone who likes me for me more than one I would just draw in.

However this is if I'm looking for a true monogram relationship. If it's just for a one night stand then mastering the game can be most useful. I do have a slight disadvantage on that since I am shorter than the average Joe but even short, good looks and personality can get you a long way and even without the looks knowing the game can get most girls in a compromising position wink

Also in certain cases like does attract like. That is how it worked with my last relationship. So just remember that there are always exceptions. My advice is just to make sure you stay out of the friend category when dealing with a potential mate.

Such things like "Any guy would be lucky to have you." Are good phrases to initiate a relationship after you get to know them better. Definitely read all of the Satanic Witch.

Even if some of it doesn't apply to you it's most useful to know what women want wink There are plenty of good books and materials out there for learning how to play. Though like I said it's not really my thing but it does work quite well with others.

Edited by VincentIsGod (02/27/10 11:48 PM)

#414117 - 02/28/10 01:42 AM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Liberterius]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Of course, myself, I am that rare thing - the genuine article. A living archetype. The hard drinking, cavalier writer and scurrilous rogue.

I never have to even think about pretence or affectation.

I would recommend you read The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. In it, he identifies 18 archetypes that are of interest.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#414120 - 02/28/10 01:49 AM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Vazrael]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> Such things like "Any guy would be lucky to have you." Are good phrases to initiate a relationship after you get to know them better.<<

NO!

To actually initiate a woman's interest I have always found that telling the best looking woman in a place that she looks like Mike Tyson works a treat.

Or if you hear her swear tell her she is disgusting, that her language is terrible and most un-lady like.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#414131 - 02/28/10 02:43 AM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Liberterius]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
I think the best thing that you could do, if you’d really like to understand this, is to just wait until you are able to get a hold of a copy of "The Satanic Witch". The Doktor gives plenty of good examples of each position on the synthesizer clock throughout the book and reading the whole thing will give you a much better idea of how this works.

I don’t think that archetypes are any more complicated for guys then they are for girls. One easy way to understand archetypes is to look at the most extreme versions of each and then go from there. For instance, a good 6:00 guy would be like a reliable male secretary or yes man, who is very good at working out the details and always makes sure that everything is in order for his more dominant boss. For a 9:00 man, picture a laid back, easygoing construction worker, who tends to get to along with everyone and is just one of the guys. And for 3:00, you might have an engineer who is fairly antisocial, logical and critical about everything. Of course 12:00 is the most dominant type and are often considered the most classically masculine by general standards. This is a very simplistic way to think about it, but it’s a starting point.

If you’re a 2 to 3:00, then basically you’re a combination of intellectual and masculine type (closer to intellectual). So just ask yourself what type of “character” would have those kinds of traits and how would they dress. Think of extreme clichés or characters in entertainment, and then work from there. What does a dominant intellectual look like? It’s not as simple as whether to wear a suit or not. How should your hair look? What color of clothing should you where? If not a suit, then what type of clothing? Tee shirt, shirts with buttons, patterns, bold or faded colors? How relaxed do you want to look, how much do you want to blend in or stick out and what kind of reaction do you wish to invoke from people? What do you feel comfortable wearing? You should ask yourself all of these questions and more.

Edited by John Prophet (02/28/10 02:52 AM)

#414158 - 02/28/10 09:58 AM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: John Prophet]
Liberterius Offline

Thank you much everyone. smile

I would describe my look at the moment to be preppy; I usually wear areopostale, polos (especially pink, but no collar popped) with jeans. Spiked hair.
Oh yeah I've read David Deangelo a lot, good tips for attraction; with the whole cocky/funny thing. Totally right Rev. Strongbone you gotta give em crap a lot, beautiful women are way too used to 90% of guys just sucking up to em. I have a good starting point for attraction in general, I'm decent at the game and all that.

But I've been searching for how to bring out MY best, like specifically what can be hot about me, and y'all have majorly helped with that. I think adding glasses to my look would bring out that intellectual streak more, currently yes I'd very much describe myself as a masculine intellectual; a thinker but one that can command when the situation warrants it, though often subtly..
Argh I want the book so bad now haha.
At least I have VERY strong starting base now to bring out that 2-3 o clock archetype, thanks. smile

#414164 - 02/28/10 10:49 AM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Liberterius]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> Oh yeah I've read David Deangelo a lot, good tips for attraction; with the whole cocky/funny thing. Totally right Rev. Strongbone you gotta give em crap a lot, beautiful women are way too used to 90% of guys just sucking up to em.<<

The book I recommended is by Robert Greene and is far more than superflous pick-up tips. The Art of Seduction, along with Greene's 48 Laws of Power, is essential in the Satanist's library.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#414278 - 03/01/10 11:47 AM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Liberterius]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Liberterius
I don't own a copy of "The Satanic Witch" yet, but I found a pretty handy guide to the synthesizer clock online on a witch site.

The book goes much more in depth than any website currently out there. Additionally, lots of people make the mistake of grossly over-simplifying the system, and get to biased about where they think they'd like to be on the clock. You can't really go purely off one parameter (e.g., body type), otherwise the book wouldn't be more than 50 pages. So if you really want to explore the application of the LaVey Synthesizer Clock for lesser magic, buy the book.

Quote:
part of this is with archetypes...how does this work for men? I can see very well how it works for women; the cute ditzy bimbo, dominatrix, shy nerdy librarian type, etc.

But for men...?

You mean "stereotypes"? Go look at TV sitcoms, B-movies, and magazine advertisements. There are plenty to choose from.

Quote:
But I can't wear a suit every day where I work,

I don't see what that has to do with any particular position on the clock.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#414279 - 03/01/10 11:48 AM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Vazrael]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: VincentIsGod
Here's how I handle things.

Let me guess: you don't own the book either? smirk

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#414312 - 03/01/10 02:59 PM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Bill_M]
Liberterius Offline

Hm Rev. Bill_M...seems I may have misinterpreted some concepts of the clock and archetypes in that context...
I did base my clock position on personality as well as body build, and I also tried hard to not pick what I just "wanted". (aka guys wanna be a perfect superman 12)

But then as with psychoanalysis or any form of personality typing, oneself always has a bias; good to get an informed other person's opinion that very well understands the typing system in question.

#414354 - 03/01/10 08:12 PM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Liberterius]
Nammu Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Pacific NW
I associate recognizable Aeropostale clothing with high school. Actually, when I observe large
advertising logos abundant (legible clothing) on a person I think of high school age or younger.
Your clothing may not fit this description and this is just one opinion, of course. I hope you enjoy
developing your archetype Liberterius.

#414498 - 03/02/10 07:51 PM Re: Male Archetypes? [Re: Liberterius]
S810 Offline

Loc: northwest
Corny name great book "How to succeed with women". I have a copy in my collection, but can't find it. It's appropriately a black book, with white type.

It's more a research book by a couple of grad students. Check it out. You may also try watching old superman movies. Sounds like a Clark Kent type your looking to emulate.

I've also found that being in the right place on purpose will help.

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406073 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements