Topic Options
#414420 - 03/02/10 09:49 AM A question about magic
Rajed Offline

Loc: France (Réunion)
I have a question about magic.

In The Satanic Bible and The Devil's Notebook, Dr. Anton Szandor LaVey says that once you've perform your ritual forget about it and move away.

But in The Satanic Witch the author says that if you persevere in your magic your wish will become as flesh and bones. That is not a contradiction ? I mean if you have perform your ritual and you come back on your desire in another ritual don't you "spreading it thin and diluting it" (like says The Satanic Bible) ?

In The Devil's Notebook Dr. LaVey says if you can find a new victim that's mean your last ritual was successful. If you perfom a new ritual for the same victim don't you made a "re-internalization of the problem for which the rite was perform" (like said in the essay "Ravings from Tartarus") ?

I know that magic is to find what is work best for you but I would like to have your experience and your opinions.

Sorry for my english.

Hail Satan!

#414421 - 03/02/10 09:54 AM Re: A question about magic [Re: Rajed]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

But in The Satanic Witch the author says that if you persevere in your magic your wish will become as flesh and bones. That is not a contradiction ?

Notice he says persevere in your magic. Not persevere in your rituals.

This is as far as I will go, as this subject matter is reserved for discussion in the COS Members section.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#414422 - 03/02/10 09:56 AM Re: A question about magic [Re: Rajed]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Persevering in your magic as a life work. Not persevering on the same singular issue over and over again.

Just like a carpenter can hone his skills. Or a musician, or a writer. We become better with experience.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#414469 - 03/02/10 02:48 PM Re: A question about magic [Re: Rajed]
Rajed Offline

Loc: France (Réunion)
Thank you very much Magister Phineas and Reverend Strongbone. I appreciate your responses.

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements