Topic Options
#41519 - 05/24/04 12:16 AM re: TSB
The_Dude Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I was wondering if the Church has considered the idea of paid downloads of Satanic books from the official website. If files such as these could be copy-protected in some way to prevent piracy, it could be a profitable idea for you. With a used copy of "The Church of Satan" by Blanche Barton costing between 100 and 200 dollars at some online bookstores, this is starting to seem like a good idea. What is the Church's opinion of such an endeavor?

By the way, I own several of LaVey's books and am a registered CoS member (though my account has not yet been updated), so please understand that I'm not just suggesting this because I'm too lazy to go to a bookstore.

#41520 - 05/24/04 12:40 AM Re: re: TSB [Re: The_Dude]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Who on earth sells "The Church of Satan" for $100? I got mine for retail though www.feralhouse.com

Also, note that copyright issues come into play here. Although Church of Satan officials probably know much more about the situation than do I, it would seem like there are specific reasons why The Satanic Bible is not being offered in a hardcover edition, for example.

#41521 - 05/24/04 01:11 AM Re: re: TSB [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
The_Dude Offline
CoS Member

amazon.com sells it for 100. I guess I didn't look hard enough, heh. Thanks for the information.

#41522 - 05/24/04 11:08 AM Re: re: TSB [Re: The_Dude]
The_Dude Offline
CoS Member

(I'm posting after reading the "TSB Copyright" thread in which it was stated that Avon books owns the copyright to TSB)

Perhaps Avon should be contacted about computerized/hardcover editions? Maybe if Avon got enough requests for them, they could be released. I'm not sure what their reasons are for not doing it, though, so if anyone in the know wants to clear up that situation on the board, I would appreciate it.

#41523 - 05/24/04 12:38 PM Re: re: TSB [Re: The_Dude]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
From what I've been told, Central has been in regular contact with Avon about any feasible TSB project you could imagine (including a new hardcover edition). Avon's current management just isn't interested in doing a major Satanic book release at this time, for various reasons. I'm sure one day they will come around and we will all be delighted to purchase such an edition at that time, but until then (as you know) the paperback is readily available.

This is kind of a cheeky question, actually. It has to do with business relationships and ongoing negotiations, and there's no real reason why Central would feel compelled to explain further in public. Think about it.

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406027 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements